Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is calculated based on "Max capacity when new" and "Max available capacity". Teslogic receives this data from the Tesla BMS.
Hi @Kate@Teslogic , what is the actual calculation? In my case the math doesn't seem to add up: 82.1 - 75.6 = 7.9%, not 8.2%

Also does this calculation take into account the 4.5% buffer incorporated by Tesla in the battery system?

Attachments

• Battery Health.PNG
    Battery Health.PNG
    166.9 KB · Views: 703
Update on the situation: we refunded the cost of the product and sent a new wiring that supports full FSD (the old one did not support). If someone has a problem with FSD, please write to our email [email protected] and we'll send you an updated wiring for free.
Hi, I do have also a model Y 2023 and I noticed that I cannot see anything on interior camera via app while dark outside. It seems that IR is off and Tesla cannot interpret driver gesture while changing lanes without signal. This will trigger false alerts and affects basic Autopilot as well. Please check this!

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
So can this work with a 2018 if the right electrical connections are made, or is the data not even there? I have a November 2018 build.
I'd suggest re-wording the FAQ on your site as well: Just say:

A different harness is in the works for our 'early' production cars. October 2018 build and purchase here and Teslogic gave me a few weeks ETA on a past queued order.

Does Teslogic have any plans to provide this product for 2018 Model 3s? Website doesn’t.

Just helped a friend do the install. We both got our Model 3's in March of 2018, so we have the old 20 pin connections behind our consoles, but he got a 24 pin TL. Fortunately he had already purchased an OBD adapter for his car and TL sent him instructions on how to wire it to feed his TeslaLogic dongle.

9NGJTXy.jpg

@Kate@Teslogic / @Nomisal
This is a really cool product and you and the dev team have been very supportive.

Is there any support for a USA '18 Model 3 (delivered Sept'18)? Currently installed is the ODBLink LX in the rear console port for ScanMyTesla. I fully understand that the console port CAN access is not enough for some of the data you display (AP, etc) (Google doc on CAN buses). I am totally fine with adding more connections or daisy chaining as needed.

It is pretty confusing on what the issue is?
Data missing or just a wiring configuration issue?
Is it the connection behind the console? (different pin layout/count/?)
Is it the connection under the seat that is different?
Again, I am totally fine with adding more connections or daisy chaining as needed. Or some adapter cable.

ScanMyTesla page list where some cables available: scan my tesla - Adapters & related TMC thread

Example of 2018 Model 3 cable: HRN-CT20T1 - Geotab GO - Geotab Adapters - GPS Fleet Tracking

Last edited:
Is there any support for a USA '18 Model 3 (delivered Sept'18)? Currently installed is the ODBLink LX in the rear console port for ScanMyTesla.
If you're interested I can sell you my kit (brand new, never installed or removed from the box) for a 2018 'legacy' Model 3. PM me please.

The wiring, daising chaining etc to support both Teslogic AND a generic OBDlink dongle or other for SMT etc would be on you, but the Teslogic harness my kit has will work with your September 2018 build car.

As I understand it from Kate and the thread here and elsewhere, with Teslogic you need a. access to multiple CANbuses hence the multiple connections) b. can use either Teslogic OR SMT but not both without unplugging, replugging in the appropriate dongles.

Teslogic's dongle isnt generic enough (or at least software jailbroken enough) to support SMT, whilst OBDLink and similar dongles are and will not be compatible with Teslogic software.

• Helpful
If you're interested I can sell you my kit (brand new, never installed or removed from the box) for a 2018 'legacy' Model 3. PM me please.
The wiring, daising chaining etc to support both Teslogic AND a generic OBDlink dongle or other for SMT etc would be on you, but the Teslogic harness my kit has will work with your September 2018 build car.
As I understand it from Kate and the thread here and elsewhere, with Teslogic you need a. access to multiple CANbuses hence the multiple connections) b. can use either Teslogic OR SMT but not both without unplugging, replugging in the appropriate dongles.
Teslogic's dongle isnt generic enough (or at least software jailbroken enough) to support SMT, whilst OBDLink and similar dongles are and will not be compatible with Teslogic software.
There are OBDII "Y" connectors to connect multiple dongles. I did understand/mention that multiple CANbuses were required.

Re: the Teslogic harness my kit has will work with your September 2018 build car.
I do not understand your explanation for your kit working since the FAQ *very* specifically excludes '17-'18 USA (non-European) Model 3/Ys.

9NGJTXy.jpg

Teslogic, Kate and crew made a custom harness for mine at the time of their 'IPO'... I waited maybe 4 months from purchase date to get the harness/kit.

I believe the plan was to offer these for all 2018s but perhaps they decided not to manufacture more, too few old 3s interested perhaps?

Its no secret, posted in this thread in one of the first few pages. Contact Kate to get the details and to confirm what they made for me and a few others will work with your car. Just a few weeks separate our car build dates.

• Helpful
Agree with @Perscitus, if you get one of the '17-18 harnesses you'll be fine. I've got one as well. It's installed and working. You just have to connect to one additional point under the passenger seat to get access to some of the data on the chassis bus in addition to the connection in the rear console. You can also daisy chain the connections if you're using another adapter for SMT - no issues having them installed simultaneously. I've even had SMT and the Teslogic app open at the same time split screen just to see if it works (it does, not that there's any use case for having both open on a relatively small screen).

I'm probably looking to sell mine as well if anyone is interested. I have cables for '17-18 and '19+. I just don't ever really use it. Plus some of the data is just wrong (or at least it was the last time I opened the app several months ago).

9NGJTXy.jpg

@Kate@Teslogic / @Nomisal
This is a really cool product and you and the dev team have been very supportive.

Is there any support for a USA '18 Model 3 (delivered Sept'18)? Currently installed is the ODBLink LX in the rear console port for ScanMyTesla. I fully understand that the console port CAN access is not enough for some of the data you display (AP, etc) (Google doc on CAN buses). I am totally fine with adding more connections or daisy chaining as needed.

It is pretty confusing on what the issue is?
Data missing or just a wiring configuration issue?
Is it the connection behind the console? (different pin layout/count/?)
Is it the connection under the seat that is different?
Again, I am totally fine with adding more connections or daisy chaining as needed. Or some adapter cable.

ScanMyTesla page list where some cables available: scan my tesla - Adapters & related TMC thread

Example of 2018 Model 3 cable: HRN-CT20T1 - Geotab GO - Geotab Adapters - GPS Fleet Tracking
Hi! We actually started selling kits for Model 3 2018, you can go ahead and place an order ;)

• Informative
TesLogic folks,
You guys have performance/track kind of data on one of your screens but you are missing many temperature-related features.
See Front/Rear oil, Front/Rear brakes, and coolant fluid below in the CANdash. Just giving you some ideas based on what other applications are giving their users for similar products. TesLogic UI interface seems much better in many ways just to be clear. Thanks!
Perhaps you can consider adding them on the performance screen or just a car details screen?

Xb6yNvy.jpg

From the CANdash app.
mi1D6UT.jpg

Last edited:
TesLogic folks,
You guys have performance/track kind of data on one of your screens but you are missing many temperature-related features.
See Front/Rear oil, Front/Rear brakes, and coolant fluid below in the CANdash. Just giving you some ideas based on what other applications are giving their users for similar products. TesLogic UI interface seems much better in many ways just to be clear. Thanks!
Perhaps you can consider adding them on the performance screen or just a car details screen?

Xb6yNvy.jpg

From the CANdash app.
mi1D6UT.jpg
Out of curiosity, what temperature is represented by the front and rear oil temp?

Out of curiosity, what temperature is represented by the front and rear oil temp?
I believe it is related to:
The electric motor (Drive Unit) in your Tesla uses oil to lubricate and cool the gear reduction and differential.
The oil also acts as coolant to remove heat from the stator and rotor.
Use ESC to get rid of the pop up box on source text: Tesla Model 3 - Oil Change

• Informative
Reactions: samori01
Can someone help me how to install onto a 2022 model 3, the female blue cable seems to be used and I can’t daisy chain it with the supplied cable from Teslogic. I purchased the 2021+ version so it should work.
Have you watched the videos (manual) on their page? MANUALS
Have you contacted them via their email? [email protected]
It would seem best if you, took pictures and sent them to if it is something different than below setup.

Below images from video on the manuals page.
Title: Teslogic Installation Guide | Tesla Model 3 (2021+)

32SLTL5.jpg

YGvaVtL.jpg

TesLogic folks,

Xb6yNvy.jpg

From the CANdash app.
mi1D6UT.jpg
Heya, I created the CANdash app, probably worth pointing out that our stuff is 100% free and open source, it's evolved quite a bit since this screen shot. DM me with questions (or find the candash thread) so we don't hijack this thread, but apples and oranges, I'm not looking to make a dollar out of our app and happy to see others innovating in the space.

• Love
Heya, I created the CANdash app, probably worth pointing out that our stuff is 100% free and open source, it's evolved quite a bit since this screen shot. DM me with questions (or find the candash thread) so we don't hijack this thread, but apples and oranges, I'm not looking to make a dollar out of our app and happy to see others innovating in the space.
Please feel free to create and/or tag me in a thread about CANdash. I noped-out once I saw it appeared to require a wifi-connection to the device, but if it can work over bluetooth I'd be more interested.