Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Teslogic — Mobile Instrument Cluster for Tesla Model 3/Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I know you can use your phone. I want to have a permanent display and my worry is that, even keeping an old phone will invite break-ins to my car, so wanted something that looks more like a screen than the phone and @Binlo just posted something that looks more like a mini display and was curious what it was.
Just catching up on this thread, believe it or not I was using an old Amazon Fire Tablet and found instructions on the net in how I can get Google Playstore installed and then was able to install the Teslogic app. I know have a permanent dash board with this device behind the steering wheel.

Hi all! We fixed the freezing issue and autopilot Max Speed calculation.
The Max Speed calculation seems worse than ever. It used to show the wrong speed, then finally update to the right speed as the car actually started going that fast. It now never gets the right speed. I really wish you would just remove it from the display if you can't get it right.

Reactions: rpreuss
So this is my final setup now , the Amazon fire tablet is permanently mounted now. So much enjoy driving now with the speedo and range stats in front of me !
20230329_181735.jpg

Attachments

• 20230329_181721.jpg
    20230329_181721.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
If you swipe back to the home screen, the phone would then sleep. You might find you need to kill the app between drives, anyway, although the latest version seems to be finally connecting more reliably.
If I just turn off the phone with the app up, the phone will stay off until it wakes from sleep, and will turn off again at the next time the car sleeps. In order to use the app again, I need to swipe up to enter the phone, the app will already be up, and quickly re-connect.

My goal, however, is to not need to do anything. I want the phone to wake up and display the app when the car wakes from sleep, and I want the phone to go back to sleep when the car sleeps.

The USB power turns on when the car wakes up, and turns off when it goes to sleep. I could achieve half of this goal if I could turn off the apps "keep the phone on" feature. The phone already has a feature to keep the display on when the phone has USB power. Then I would only need to find a way around the lock screen. I've already gotten rid of the password, but currently I still have to swipe up to get the app displayed.

There may be some solutions if I could root the phone. Unfortunately it is a TrakFone. There are instructions I have found for rooting the phone, but all of them require a Windows PC, and I have neither a Windows PC, nor a Mac. I run Linux. Even then, it is not clear if the instructions only work for the non TrakFone version of the phone.

There may be some solutions if I could root the phone. Unfortunately it is a TrakFone. There are instructions I have found for rooting the phone, but all of them require a Windows PC, and I have neither a Windows PC, nor a Mac. I run Linux. Even then, it is not clear if the instructions only work for the non TrakFone version of the phone.
Maybe you should buy a different older device that is easily rootable. Pixel 4 or Note 8 or some such?

So this is my final setup now , the Amazon fire tablet is permanently mounted now. So much enjoy driving now with the speedo and range stats in front of me ! View attachment 922723
So, when you get in the car, and put it on "D" does your tablet starts automatically and showing the Teslogic screen shown above?
if not, It will be hassle if you start the tablet, wait to boot up, start the app, and so on.
Also, it will be the perfect target for the thieves. The broken windows will cost way more than the tablet.

A question, where does Teslogic get the battery degradation info from? Is it more reliable then the degradation based on charging that apps like tessie and teslogic do?
One answer is from the post below.

Many of these tools are using the same CANbus data interpretation that has been crowdsourced.
See: GitHub - joshwardell/model3dbc: DBC file for Tesla Model 3 CAN messages

• Battery degradation is not a static number, I left with 1.8% degradation but with car charged up to 100% and arrived at destination with 8% and degradation was now 1.1%. I have charged again back to 100% to go back home and now it shows 1.0% degradation. Happy to see that degradation is not a static number and charging up at 100% for long trips will rebalance the battery pack.
    • Yes, Teslogic shows the number (with slight recalculations for better understanding) calculated by Tesla BMS. Tesla BMS in turn calculates this number continuously based on many factors.

Reactions: ICE5891
Cheers for that, doesn’t look too bad. Ideally it would be great if it had some sort of hinge so you fold it flat when not in use. I might see if there’s anything like that on aliexpress I could use.
You can get ones that fold flat which I had previously but then it was not able to charge the phone. Cause Use it all the time, if not using Teslogic app I would use it for Waze. I don’t mind it being there all the time.

You can get ones that fold flat which I had previously but then it was not able to charge the phone. Cause Use it all the time, if not using Teslogic app I would use it for Waze. I don’t mind it being there all the time.
Yeah thats fair, I guess a hinge wouldn't lend itself to the power required for magsafe. I'll probably pick one up with the charger.. whats the shipping like to here?