Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Contact!

My delivery person just called and scheduled for 3/13. We may need to delay that slightly due to a schedule conflict and there’s always a chance, he said, that it might be sooner, but there you go!

We were just assigned a delivery date of the 13th as well -- Seems like a pretty long delay given that our paperwork/payments completed last Wednesday. I'm hoping they can pull this in as well.

Ya, I just got delivery scheduled for 3/13, despite the fact that I sent the check in and it was delivered on Saturday 2/17. That's 24 days from payment to delivery, which is pretty bad. That's going to have to speed up if Tesla wants to impress anyone.

Still nada here, I guess my ISA is out until the end of the week, and the other contact I have (Chris) isn't returning calls. I kinda thought they'd be under some pressure to move as many 3's before the end of the quarter, but there doesn't seem to be that much of a rush (for me, any delivery date after Mar 12 means April due to existing travel plans).

Some updates from my ISA today:

• My car is scheduled to arrive at the Dallas service center on March 6th. Delivery set for the 8th. Who in Dallas is going to go looking for me next Tuesday?? :)
  • The paperwork @spudnik187 referenced appears to not be a pre-delivery requirement. My ISA told me I had 30 days to sign it, and it should already be on the way to me now. @spudnik187 did you see/hear anything differently about it being a pre-delivery requirement?

• My car is scheduled to arrive at the Dallas service center on March 6th. Delivery set for the 8th. Who in Dallas is going to go looking for me next Tuesday?? :)
  • The paperwork @spudnik187 referenced appears to not be a pre-delivery requirement. My ISA told me I had 30 days to sign it, and it should already be on the way to me now. @spudnik187 did you see/hear anything differently about it being a pre-delivery requirement?

I take delivery next Tuesday! What did you configure? I’ll keep an eye out for it :)

And yes those papers don’t need to be sent back before delivery as I didn’t for the S unless that has changed. I verified with my ISA and nothing else neeeed. Show up, sign, drive off with smiles.

Woo hoo! We have TX delivery dates! I just found out mine can be picked up on the 13th!

So close... two more weeks! @Cnasty, I think you're the first one, right? You'll have to report back on the experience at delivery! (And if there's a special gift, like a model car with longhorns :D)

I definitely will. Next Tuesday! Luckily I have a crazy busy week and it’s helped the time go by faster. The weekend will be brutal though.

The cover letter accompanying the paperwork said it needed to be completed prior to delivery, if I remember right. Either I’m misremembering or they worded it inaccurately.

Woo hoo! We have TX delivery dates! I just found out mine can be picked up on the 13th!

So close... two more weeks! @Cnasty, I think you're the first one, right? You'll have to report back on the experience at delivery! (And if there's a special gift, like a model car with longhorns :D)
I believe I’m first. Tomorrow is going to be busy driving the car all over town to show my buddies, but I will report in by tomorrow night at the latest.

Reactions: kendallas
I definitely will. Next Tuesday! Luckily I have a crazy busy week and it’s helped the time go by faster. The weekend will be brutal though.

I can't believe I got my check to Tesla days ahead of you and somehow my delivery date is a week later. No sour grapes towards you, of course (I want all of us to get our cars NOW!), it's just puzzling. The closer I get to delivery, the more burdensome each little delay is.

I can't believe I got my check to Tesla days ahead of you and somehow my delivery date is a week later. No sour grapes towards you, of course (I want all of us to get our cars NOW!), it's just puzzling. The closer I get to delivery, the more burdensome each little delay is.
I'm still jealous you guys both have delivery dates! (Been over a week since I paid in full.) Happy some cars are starting to show up though!

Yea this really makes no sense and no rhyme or reason to their method.

I am trying not to be a negative nancy but I have a hard time they will even make the confirmed delivery date because ya know...Tesla. I hope I am wrong and next Tuesday is the day but I fully expect a phone call with a "welllllll, sorry to say this but the delivery has been delayed."

I will mute the phone and X%#@ curse up a storm.