Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of taking delivery in CA. It keeps them engaged until I get my car before they get the $$. I’ll actually get it sooner. The tax revenue doesn’t go to corrupt TX leadership. The extra 1% tax delta is similar to destination charge. I get to test the car and supercharger network on the way home. Not much downside really.

Your destination charge won’t be waived though, even if you pick it up in California. That’s a standard charge for people picking up the car anywhere, even if you pick it up in Fremont.

Hope this is encouraging to those waiting delivery behind the folks stuck in delivery hell.

Delivery update: Car is moving east at least.
Ordered: 4/1/16 4am
Configured: 6/30/18
Paid in full: 8/27/18
Car on CA/AZ border: 8/30/18
Moved 7 miles: 8/31/18
Delivery scheduled: 9/14/18 Austin / Pond Springs

My ISA has been excellent and though he is new, he has been working his ass off to get things done. I think BECAUSE he is new, he doesn’t have a huge workload yet, and has been very responsive. But I think the logistics guys must be slammed. He said yesterday:

“The logistics issues have all been addressed and we are working on streamlining the process even further.”

But at least the car is moving. I think it would be helpful for us to share the paths our cars are taking, as this seems to be the new pathway the deliveries will be taking.

Where is the Ft. Worth transit center? Can people just go there and get their car?
How do you get the vehicle delivery report? Pretty interesting stuff there.
Lat. 32°58'55.76"N Long 97°20'2.34"W
upload_2018-8-31_13-17-3.png

Really can't access the facility and technically the car's not yours until they complete their end of the transaction, i.e. delivering it to you. We just get to sit on the sidelines and watch as they struggle to deal with the square wave caused by cars being held back in June. We have to accept a little pain now (for some, like @SleepingLesson more pain than others) so that more owners can have an opportunity for tax credits. Makes for frustrating situations now especially due to their other problem (lack of communication).

On other forums, there are people bellyaching over having paid their $3500, have a VIN and have no idea where they are in the queue. I don't think that compares to those of us who have paid the total cost of the car and aren't sure where our car is.

Perhaps that's just me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: SleepingLesson
I can't figure out how to produce the awesome PDF report that @jdirik is able to get. Thank you for sharing it! I'm trying to get a read on whether or not my car has gone from Pending Pickup to Delivered. VIN is 070207. I doubt any of you are going to misuse that :)
Nothing in the United Road system for JF070207 could be traveling by other carriers. We haven't figured out who those carriers are or how to get tracking info.

Hope this is encouraging to those waiting delivery behind the folks stuck in delivery hell.

My ISA has been excellent and though he is new, he has been working his ass off to get things done. I think BECAUSE he is new, he doesn’t have a huge workload yet, and has been very responsive. But I think the logistics guys must be slammed. He said yesterday:

“The logistics issues have all been addressed and we are working on streamlining the process even further.”

But at least the car is moving. I think it would be helpful for us to share the paths our cars are taking, as this seems to be the new pathway the deliveries will be taking.

Huh. I paid in full before you did, by a week, have a scheduled delivery of 9/10/18, and have no shipping info on my car, other than it went to Lathrop on August 9th. I've had no signs of there being a delay, but still, I find that interesting

@redhaute, where did you get that tracking info?

Last edited:
Delivered time shows today (8/31) but pickup time is also today… Does that mean the car is delivered? o_O

3 more coming to Cedar Springs (Dallas):

059082 (this is mine!!)
The 3rd one is a Model S

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180831-133949.png
    Screenshot_20180831-133949.png
    485.1 KB · Views: 39
I will update the pfd every day and post. I’m in DC to watch the Texas-Maryland game and then off to South Carolina next week for work. Since I missed my 8/29 date the pressure is off for a bit. Hope my car shows up on the delivery sheet next week though.
@jdirik Greetings from the Tesla forums. Thanks for turning me on to this forum and this thread. And thanks again for your recon skills. As a Sooner, I don't mind saying I'll be pulling for the Longhorns this weekend because of you.

Reactions: jdirik

Not sure you can legitimately claim to be part of the Texas Hold Up group if you paid in full on 8/27 and your car in in-route on 8/30. On a truck that's going direct to your SC to boot.

Congratulations are in order, but realize you are way at the bottom of the pain scale, like 0.1 on a 10 point scale. Whereas @SleepingLesson is at 11 as near as I can tell.

Welcome aboard and do contribute to the group knowledge for the benefit of those who follow.

Last edited:
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of taking delivery in CA. It keeps them engaged until I get my car before they get the $$. I’ll actually get it sooner. The tax revenue doesn’t go to corrupt TX leadership. The extra 1% tax delta is similar to destination charge. I get to test the car and supercharger network on the way home. Not much downside really.
I’m still curious about Oklahoma. Do they deliver direct there? Corrupt Oklahoma gets some tax and corrupt TX gets the rest.

Maybe corrupt Texas would start to care.

OK cool. Then I'll just keep calling the DC and/or the 888 number. I'm going to Dallas Saturday unless they actually tell me before then to not come at all (and have more info) or surprise me with "please come get it" tomorrow :)

Don't forget Tesla will arrange (and pay for) a Lyft ride to your delivery appointment. I told my wife I was not going to get excited about delivery (after my delays) until the Lyft car pulled into the driveway!

In case anyone is wondering, just because your VIN doesn't show up on United's delivery report, it does not mean your car is not already in transit or even already delivered. I just learned my car is at Cedar Springs. But my VIN never showed up on United's website.

In case anyone is wondering, just because your VIN doesn't show up on United's delivery report, it does not mean your car is not already in transit or even already delivered. I just learned my car is at Cedar Springs. But my VIN never showed up on United's website.

Can you humor me to check your VIN on United Road's website? Similar thing happened to me, my VIN never popped up on it but today it shows it's delivered on 8/31, but the interesting things is that the pick up day is also 8/31…

TIA.

Not sure you can legitimately claim to be part of the Texas Hold Up group if you paid in full on 8/27 and your car in in-route on 8/30. On a truck that's going direct to your SC to boot.

Congratulations are in order, but realize you are way at the bottom of the pain scale, like 0.1 on a 10 point scale. Whereas @SleepingLesson is at 11 as near as I can tell.

Welcome aboard and do contribute to the group knowledge for the benefit of those who follow.

Yes, I totally agree that I’m spoiled by being able to order a $35.00 thing on Amazon, and get it same day with tracking for every stop along the way for FREE. Tesla is as much a “tech” company, rather than the traditional auto company, so I assume the logistics backend will be at least 1/10 as good.

But fully acknowledge that I have been very lucky compared to the other folks on here and doing my best to contribute the little I know.