Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The 2 Best Days In a Plaid Owner’s Life

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I forgot to add… Elon’s Musk smell of the mold growing in the HEPA assembly of the Plaid has been replaced with a fragrance that the Mercedes injects into the air that smells like “Bamboo Mood” whatever that is. It does beat the gym sock smell of my Plaid.
So you are telling me mercedes hides the mold smell with cologne?

I love my plaid thats the fun of being human ! You like what you like for your own reasons. I haven't had any major issues past 2 years i dont need to play any games in my car i have 19s and 20s . Never had any tire issues. Comfort and sport are way different especially body roll its night and day for me. Only thing that will get me out of this car would be plaid + or roadster
Oh no
Plaid+ pro Ultra Fold Max

Honestly, the service center in Orlando is really good. I was usually able to get a loaner, but you just don’t know until you arrive, so it’s a crap shoot. So I still have to cancel my appointments not knowing if I will have a loaner or not. Getting an appointment takes weeks, however, here in central FL. When I first got the car back in 2021, Tesla was having to replace battery packs for some recall….I can’t remember the specifics. So back then, a loaner was never available because so many cars were in for the replacements. There just are not enough service centers in central FL today. That’s the only one. The folks that work there are fantastic, however. One even cut me a check for $600 to reimburse me for installing the N2itive arms back on because he felt bad that Tesla makes me remove them before they touch the car! Very nice of him. Incidentally, the Service Advisor told me they know the camber is killing the 21” tires and he totally gets why we put the adjustable arms on. He saw it all the time.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
Well, let’s see if you are as knowledgeable as you profess. Find a direct buyer online to make you an offer for a 2021 Plaid with 21k miles. Perfect condition. None of this, “Well Billy Bob down yonder knows a guy who paid XXX for one” stuff. A verifiable offer from Carvana, CarMax, KBB, etc. As I stated before, selling private party was not an option, so do not include that in your hunt to beat my $52k. Sure, I could have let several dozen strangers meet me in a Walmart parking lot and test drive my car before finally finding that one perfect buyer and make an extra $5k-$10k. Maybe. There are cars like mine online ASKING for only slightly higher than what I got for a nice and easy transaction to rid me of the POS Tesla.

As an aside, I am fine paying $30k more for my car over what they are selling for today new. That’s the price of being an early adopter and being one of the first to have a Plaid. I am just pissed the car was a POS and I couldn’t hang on to it for a few more years to let the depreciation normalize a bit.

We're not sure how much the last one actually sold for but he had FSD and priced at 85 and was able to offload it. Cars and bids is only SOMEWHAT known and they were able to get some solid pricing. If you'd like I can go through more examples but to waste my time further I will not. Regardless I hope you're happy with your choice genuinely. At the end of the day it's your money

• Funny
Reactions: ReddykwRun
I was paying $1,850 per month for my Plaid loan
That's more than my mortgage, including taxes and insurance.

Different levels of income aside. It seems like $0 down is the problem. Not as big of a deal when you got the S since rates were lower but that is a great way to be upside down on a car before you even drive off the lot.

Leasing this Merc means you are, again, the one taking the hit on depreciation. Unless of course you decide to buy it after the lease is up.

Alas, it is your money and you can do what you want with it and I'm glad you love the car. No hate here, just doesn't make sense in my world.

Exactly. The base price of a new MS Plaid went from $135,990 to just $89,990 ( a 1/3rd drop) last year. That really hurt resales!!
And the people who are upset by that don't understand Tesla's overall objective anyway so... who cares? These same people complaining about the drop in new car prices wouldn't have been clamoring to get out the check books to write Tesla a check had the prices gone up $20k. It's just being selfish petulant spoiler brats who think their new car purchase entitles them to anything other than car ownership and the rest of us mature adults have to put up with their constant sniveling about how Elon "wronged" them. Suck it up buttercup. This world owes you nothing. Go enjoy your Tesla that is STILL the same car you agreed to buy at the price you agreed to buy it for. The only thing you were guaranteed to when you bought it was that ALL new cars depreciate and you knew that when you bought it so you KNEW it wasn't a smart financial investment. Now you want to cry to us about the degrees of depreciation as if we care? We have to listen to this garbage in every damn Tesla thread? It's gets tired having to endure such ignorance to reality.

Note: That wasn't directed at you specifically (unless you want it to be) even though I quoted you. Just the whiney minority that makes it seems like it's large group when it's just a very small percentage of the actual owner pool that is that self-entitled.

OP, aren't you into performance cars. Since you got a plaid. Going to an executive luxury rider EQS seems odd to me. You probably got another ICE car for long trip, so you do not need extra range. I would expect you to move into something like Taycan turbo S. Used ones can be had for a good bargain now. I would expect porsche to be fairly good at their workmanship.

If I have that kind of money to blow. I probably would just go for a 911 GT3.

The massive drop in price does create one real problem for those who have loans. If they don't have gap insurance, they may find themselves writing a huge check to pay off the loan after a total loss. If you have gap insurance, large enough payment, or paid cash, that's not an issue.

The second real issue if someone only intended to keep the car 3 years and then sell it. Having an extra $50K of value wiped out almost over night is really hard to swallow.

If you intend to keep it for years (like me) it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: SO16