Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The MCU2 upgrade is now $1500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great. Happy for those who waited but Tesla, show some class to those of us who had HW3 and MCU1 and who felt pressured to upgrade for $2,500, before there was a $500 "fix" (for what it's worth) or a "maybe recall". Refund $1,000 without us begging.

tenor.gif

Oh great. Happy for those who waited but Tesla, show some class to those of us who had HW3 and MCU1 and who felt pressured to upgrade for $2,500, before there was a $500 "fix" (for what it's worth) or a "maybe recall". Refund $1,000 without us begging.
I doubt there will be refunds as even for software upgrades that Tesla dropped prices on, there was never any refunds offered. It would be nice for Tesla to at least offer something, but I'm sure the lawyers would say that might amount to suggesting that Tesla was obligated to do so and open them up to legal trouble.

That's a huge drop in price....I got the upgrade at the original price, and while they won't likely do the right thing by offering refunds to those of us who already upgraded the system, despite the failing memory issues and likely need for the better system for future AP compatibility, I'd be happy if they at least offered the radio upgrade for free to restore the functions they took away from me...

That's a huge drop in price....I got the upgrade at the original price, and while they won't likely do the right thing by offering refunds to those of us who already upgraded the system, despite the failing memory issues and likely need for the better system for future AP compatibility, I'd be happy if they at least offered the radio upgrade for free to restore the functions they took away from me...
I'll be happy when MCU2 doesn't crash. My MCU2 has only crashed a handful of times compared with MCU1, but having the speedometer go black for a few minutes makes for a weird driving experience.

I got my MCU2 / FSD upgrades done in December (for £2340 in UK...) and during the work they managed to disable the front radar, which means I’ve had no autopilot, TACC at all.

Still waiting for a service appointment to rectify it.

This price drop (only in USA for now, it seems) is just the icing on the cake.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
With the pending recall and mandatory replacement, Tesla might be finding a way to generates some revenue. It may be harder for them to source enough MCU1s as replacements, and won’t cost much more to use updated parts.

I think you're absolutely right. Given the short timetable to enact the recall, they need to acquire as many Tegra boards as possible to refurbish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.