Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can turn off explicit music on Slacker radio. Email Tesla for your slacker login/pass, then change your settings from a browser. This was covered in the thread below but wanted to bring this up for those that missed it. My MX is in the shop again for problems and I needed to filter the music on the loaner MS, so this issue came up again for my now very foul mouthed kids.

Turn off Explicit Lyrics in Slacker

Or if it's a motorcycle, it shows a motorcycle. Pretty cool that it can tell the difference between these different types of things.
The dash board rendition of your surrounding represents other cars as tiny model X's

I've noticed:
- Some cars are model S's
- Bicycles and motorcycles show up as motorcycles
- Trucks, busses and trams show up as trucks.

You can turn off explicit music on Slacker radio. Email Tesla for your slacker login/pass, then change your settings from a browser. This was covered in the thread below but wanted to bring this up for those that missed it. My MX is in the shop again for problems and I needed to filter the music on the loaner MS, so this issue came up again for my now very foul mouthed kids.

Turn off Explicit Lyrics in Slacker
When you say email Tesla for your slacker login/pass which email address are you referring to? Can I just set up my own slacker account online or do they have an account set for me/my X?
Thanks!

I did not know that I could have Autosteer enabled and it would limit me to posted Speed limits in some places like schools and neighborhoods, BUT then I could just use the go/accelerator pedal to override that and let the X autosteer only.
Right. Autosteer is limited to speed limit + 5 on non-highways. Up to 88 I believe on highways (cause any faster than that and it would cause a time paradox?!) as per the manual (haven't tried). What I can't figure out is how it knows what's a surface street and what's a freeway. At first I thought it was speed limits 55 and under, but then in a 55 zone on a freeway it let me go higher than 60.

Tesla has access to a robust map database and GPS, ya know.
I know, which is possibly where they get it for auto steer limits. But they do not get speed limits from a database. It will see speed limits on new roads just fine, and will not show a speed limit on a freeway that's been around for a long time, that it has been on before, and this time the sign happened to be obstructed when I drove past.

I've got one that's slightly embarrassing to admit.

The front doors open a lot wider than I thought they did (and that they ever automatically open). This is really valuable when your falcon wing doors are in limited open/umbrella mode and you feel trapped in the Falcuda triangle. If you push the front door open a bit more, you'll find it's much easier to navigate that falcon wing door corner.

OK, everyone already knew that except for me. :oops:

• Informative
Reactions: F123456
I've got one that's slightly embarrassing to admit.

The front doors open a lot wider than I thought they did (and that they ever automatically open). This is really valuable when your falcon wing doors are in limited open/umbrella mode and you feel trapped in the Falcuda triangle. If you push the front door open a bit more, you'll find it's much easier to navigate that falcon wing door corner.

OK, everyone already knew that except for me. :oops:
Of course I knew that, huh its the first thing I learnt about the X! :D ... ermm No I did not know that, but I blame it on the X deliberately parking too close to my BMW in summon mode, and making it difficult for me to open the doors beyond 12".
Today I also learnt you need to SCREAM HELLL NOOOO at people who dont know how a FWD works. I almost slapped a guy silly when he tried to close the FWD by almost hanging on it to bring it down and slam shut. WTFFFF!!! :eek::mad:
Xcuse my french!

Of course I knew that, huh its the first thing I learnt about the X! :D ... ermm No I did not know that, but I blame it on the X deliberately parking too close to my BMW in summon mode, and making it difficult for me to open the doors beyond 12".
Today I also learnt you need to SCREAM HELLL NOOOO at people who dont know how a FWD works. I almost slapped a guy silly when he tried to close the FWD by almost hanging on it to bring it down and slam shut. WTFFFF!!! :eek::mad:
Xcuse my french!
I don't know this for sure 100%, but my understanding is that you can close the FWD by hand without causing any damage to them. Just like the lift gate.

If you have two phones paired, the X will remember the last one that was selected (It would be really nice if they linked this to the selected profile) but, if that phone is not available and another previously paired phone is, it seems to select that one if there is any action on this phone (like you try to dial out). I haven't found out the exact sequence yet but I have seen it change from the selected phone to the one that is actually in the car more than once now. Pretty nice.

You car may remind you that "repeated charging to more than required for daily driving (or similar text) may reduce battery life" and then ask "Would you like to lower the charge limit now?" I saw this on the second day of a trip where the charge was set to 95% and the car used 75% the first day (omuch better than expected given heavy rain and unfamiliar terrain), but only a few percent the second. I said no since the next day me may need all 95% to get home and will reset it to the usual daily limit of 80%.

You car may remind you that "repeated charging to more than required for daily driving (or similar text) may reduce battery life" and then ask "Would you like to lower the charge limit now?" I saw this on the second day of a trip where the charge was set to 95% and the car used 75% the first day (omuch better than expected given heavy rain and unfamiliar terrain), but only a few percent the second. I said no since the next day me may need all 95% to get home and will reset it to the usual daily limit of 80%.
I bet there is a thread on it and I'll go search but shouldn't I be plugging in every day or every other day assuming I have a 40-50 mile usage ( 36 mile commute with fun) on a X75D which does 211 @90% charge.

It showed a warning on the screen when I was going at 70+ that I needed to slow down to 55 if I wanted to reach home without charging.

It shows images of motorcycles even if they are 2 cars ahead - i thought that was cool

Learnt not to walk to the car with Auto present door if the car next to you is pulling out. Almost hit the next car even though I was only behind the trunk - gave both me and the other driver a scare.

IMHO: Avoid keeping the car key in your pocket. I learnt it the hard way today :)
We had a birthday party for our girls at a local horse ranch and I had to load and unload a lot of stuff and boy did I freak out myself and a bunch of folks helping me. It was a scene with various doors coming down on us with unintentional pressing of the buttons on the key fob in my pocket. No injuries or bumps, just some scared folks.
Had this happen few times also. Have been searching for cover that prevents accidental button pushes.