Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three-position dynamic LED turning lights in new, custom Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my 90D, Early September build and as I expected it didn’t have the proper headlamps. Glad I double checked that.

I didn’t realize how massive of a problem it was until I saw the service center full of cars (probably like 6 or so) and my DS telling me all those are here for the headlamp issue.

So it seems like they are very aware of the problem. They said it will be no issue to fix and they will call me to set up a time to come in and get it done.

I’m debating if I should escalate through my account or wait until Monday to call service center.

My service center is out until Monday for training in California.
I went through my DS and the support escalation. After I got a response from the escalation department, I called the SC to schedule an appointment for headlight replacement and called a day before to make sure that they have parts in stock.

I went through my DS and the support escalation. After I got a response from the escalation department, I called the SC to schedule an appointment for headlight replacement and called a day before to make sure that they have parts in stock.

I finally heard back through the escalation process after doing it twice. Having not heard from my DS at all. After the escalation returned my email I immediately received a call from the manager of the local service center. I am not waiting for the service center to get the parts. Weird part was the service center managed claimed to not knowing anytjing about this issue and that I was only person in area which is crazy given they did 20 plus deliveries at my location that last week of the quarter alone.

So I escalated and heard back. They said they are "compiling a list of all the affected vehicles and still coming up with a plan to handle it". No timetable though, they just said they would contact me when the parts were ready.

• Informative
Reactions: Bebop
Update.

I GOT THE ADAPTIVE LIGHTS INSTALLED TODAY!!! This was unexpected as I took the car in to fix an issue with the driver side door panel and diagnose the computer systems to see why OAT updates were failing about 50% of the time. They just happen to have the lights got those installed.

I'm still waiting for the engineering team to change the options on my car in their system to have the adaptive lights, then I can get an update to enable the feature. Otherwise, the install seems to have been done well. No noticeable damage to the fenders, hood, or bumper. And the PPF looks ok as well. I just need to get the headlight film reinstalled.

Update.

I've got the latest latest firmware and the adaptive light setting added to my car. Sadly the lights still don't work. The SC spent all afternoon yesterday and couldn't figure it out. It's back with Tesla Engineering to chime in.