Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tire size should I get for a 19x9.5 square setup on my P3D+? Replacing stock 20”s, bent wheels due to pothole only after two months of driving. Jersey roads.

265/35/19
265/40/19
255/35/19
255/40/19

Also, are 19x9.5 +35 the right setup for the performance model 3? i.e better than the stock 20”s for range, performance, comfort and looks? Not interested in 18s and not planning on lowering the car.

Need all seasons. Thinking MPS A/S 3+.

Use Tire Size Comparison and compare those sizes against the stock 235/35/20. You will see that 265/35/19 is probably the best in terms of matching overall diameter the closest, but yea they are fairly aggressive (big) tires and will hurt range somewhat. Personally i think its worth it since the range hit is maybe 5-10% and that isn't too terrible for me.

Not sure on specific tires for all-season, but i'd suggest tire racks tire review and selection guides. Seems those Michelin Pilot Sport's are pretty good tho!

Example for high-performance all-season tires: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HPAS

Use Tire Size Comparison and compare those sizes against the stock 235/35/20. You will see that 265/35/19 is probably the best in terms of matching overall diameter the closest, but yea they are fairly aggressive (big) tires and will hurt range somewhat. Personally i think its worth it since the range hit is maybe 5-10% and that isn't too terrible for me.

Not sure on specific tires for all-season, but i'd suggest tire racks tire review and selection guides. Seems those Michelin Pilot Sport's are pretty good tho!

Example for high-performance all-season tires: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=HPAS
Thanks. These are very helpful links.

I made this spreadsheet to help me decide. I got the tire sizes from tire rack and directly from Michelin and Bridgestone's websites.
Tesla Wheels/Tires

It's interesting that the revolutions per mile varies between brands. I also setup the standard size to be what the stock 20" wheels/tires were, but I suspect they don't change it from the standard 18". I have not tried to validate my speeds with GPS, because the standard GPS isn't accurate enough over short distances to have that level of accuracy.

I selected 19x9.5+35 with 235/40/19 RE-71R tires. They look pretty funny on those rims, and I'll get something wider next time. The tires are also surprisingly noisy at all speeds. I've been running 37-38 psi cold, and I don't seem to have any issues on the street. My efficiency isn't consistent enough to know how much better or worse things could be. I'm just happy when I can keep a trip up 300wh/mile, which happens most of the time in the summer, but not so often in the winter (with different tires obviously).

Reactions: is2scooby
I made this spreadsheet to help me decide. I got the tire sizes from tire rack and directly from Michelin and Bridgestone's websites.
Tesla Wheels/Tires

It's interesting that the revolutions per mile varies between brands. I also setup the standard size to be what the stock 20" wheels/tires were, but I suspect they don't change it from the standard 18". I have not tried to validate my speeds with GPS, because the standard GPS isn't accurate enough over short distances to have that level of accuracy.

I selected 19x9.5+35 with 235/40/19 RE-71R tires. They look pretty funny on those rims, and I'll get something wider next time. The tires are also surprisingly noisy at all speeds. I've been running 37-38 psi cold, and I don't seem to have any issues on the street. My efficiency isn't consistent enough to know how much better or worse things could be. I'm just happy when I can keep a trip up 300wh/mile, which happens most of the time in the summer, but not so often in the winter (with different tires obviously).
Thanks @usofrob what tire size are you going to get next? What is Revs and MPH diff columns telling me? Also, what wheels did you end up getting? I’m debating between the Titan7 S5 or the VMR710FF.

I’m debating between the Titan7 S5 or the VMR710FF.

Main difference between those is about ~$1K for the wheels or so and then maybe 2 pounds per wheel in weight savings. I don't think you'd really notice a huge difference and decided to save some money and get the V710FF, an extra 1K will pay for a nice set of tires ;)

Thanks @usofrob what tire size are you going to get next? What is Revs and MPH diff columns telling me? Also, what wheels did you end up getting? I’m debating between the Titan7 S5 or the VMR710FF.
235/40/19 RE-71R
I went with these wheels because they were cheaper and I got the tires and everything mounted there.
https://www.discounttire.com/buy-wheels/konig-ampliform/p/61123
They ended up being a bit heavier than I had hoped, at 22 pounds balanced. But I think I'm still 6# less than stock per corner.

I would have preferred to get the Fast Wheels FC04, but they weren't available in the US at the time, and shipping got really expensive.

Yeah, all the ones I linked in my spreadsheet are flow formed and reasonably light. Not sure if it's correct, but Discount Tire says
Tire Load Capacity 1521
I remember seeing some other wheels that were a lot heavier with a load rating of around 2000 pounds. Not sure the value of that.

Attaching a picture of my car with my wheels installed. The car is dirty but the wheels are clean. :)
IMG_20190327_192205.jpg