Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Top 10 Superchargers based on Tesla screen at Kettleman City and other locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20181125_204809.jpg
nov 25, 8:48pm

Wow. 7 out of 10 of the busiest Superchargers were in California at the moment that photo was taken. #1 was in Beijing. Two were in Norway.

I would guess that the thousands of new Model 3 owners in California were responsible for that heavy Supercharger usage in that state. I know that when I was traveling on 101 last week I saw a lot of Model 3’s on the highway between Pismo Beach and San Jose.

@WalterB, thanks for the Photo and the Date/Time. It really helps. Too Bad others who were at Kettleman during the "FULL" or almost Full status did not take a photo for us. With 40 stalls adding electrons for the many Holiday travelers you would think that Kettleman City would be Number one for the 24 hour periods that it was heavily used.

Maybe it was, but we will never know because those using Kettleman did not take a photo for us. Oh, well ....

Even those who said they had to wait in line did not post a photo showing the full status and the waiting line, along with the Status Board. That would have earned the coveted Japanese Steak dinner in Japan. I know he tried to claim the prize, but with no photo showing the waiting line, well, he LOST. The prize goes to the FIRST to post the photo showing themselves waiting in Line with a full house.

"No Photo, It Did Not Happen"

Last edited:
Yet even with that high occupancy, no one thought of taking photos of the Top 10 to post on this thread. Well, only one posted a photo but not when Kettleman was full so we do not know if on the busy days the 24 hour electricity used made it Number 1. It should have since the other top 10 are those with 12 to 20 stalls.

I don't think it will be in the top 10 any time soon. Even on these busy travel days, it's lightly used early in the morning and late at night, while those other busy superchargers in urban areas can be busy from 7am-midnight.

Coming from LA the previous SpC is 77 miles out, and there isn't another one all the way into SF and the East Bay. I think that's been why the Dublin location has been so popular in the past. Especially for those with free Supercharging.

I bet the San Ramon and the new Livermore SpC have eaten into the Dublin Tesla Store's traffic. Livermore is directly on the same 580 route into SF from all points not North.

-Randy

Too Bad others who were at Kettleman during the "FULL" or almost Full status did not take a photo for us.

Ok, I'll play. I was at Kettleman 2x last week, but never say anything to take a picture of, The screen in the lounge just showed the world sun/night zones and the thousands of supercharger locations.

I touched the screen in a couple of spots to see if I could change a view, and nothing happened.

something like this with a bunch of dots representing SC's.:

Day and Night World Map

Ok, I'll play. I was at Kettleman 2x last week, but never say anything to take a picture of, The screen in the lounge just showed the world sun/night zones and the thousands of supercharger locations.

I touched the screen in a couple of spots to see if I could change a view, and nothing happened.

something like this with a bunch of dots representing SC's.:

Day and Night World Map
You have to wait for awhile. It will eventually change screens

0A55CCA2-48A2-4B16-8185-AE74B8577EB5.jpeg

Stopped by Kettleman around 9 pm last night 20 Dec to take a picture of the board enroute to visit family for the holidays in the Bay Area and for our second tour of the TESLA factory.

The speed of this Supercharger at Kettleman is refreshingly lightning fast compared to the unpredictable (snails pace) throttling that I see regularly at the Qualcomm Supecharger in San Diego.

Stopped by Kettleman around 9 pm last night 20 Dec to take a picture of the board enroute to visit family for the holidays in the Bay Area and for our second tour of the TESLA factory.

Cool. But something needs a counting lesson...they show Dublin with "6 out of 14 stalls in use" but there are only two little car icons in the graphic. o_O

Bruce.