Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highfalutintodd... Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Ditto was my experience seeing xhawk101's car at the Tampa service center a couple weeks back. The red is awesome! We are picking our car up on 5/4 in Seattle.

Last edited:
How wide is your garage door entrance? You car looks great inside there.

Thanks! The entry is 94" wide. Given that the car is 86.2" mirror to mirror, I have just under 4" clearance on each side when pulling in. That sounds like a lot on paper, but I have depth perception issues so it feels really, really tight pulling in and backing out. As I said, though, I do think it will become second nature quickly.

On a different note, I had to drive my old car for the last time to drop it off at the dealership (I did an Autonation trade-in). It's amazing how accustomed to the Model S I've become in just a couple of days with limited driving. I will definitely not be missing the old driving experience.

Highfalutintodd... Great story. Thanks for sharing it.

Ditto was my experience seeing xhawk101's car at the Tampa service center a couple weeks back. The red is awesome! We are picking our car up on 5/4 in Seattle.

Yeaaaaaa! First multi coat red in Fl. Haha tesla-induced mania being decreased by a red s! Poor thing lol

from my Samsung galaxy s3

App gave me my VIN #9479 last Tuesday. I got my forms from Tesla last night. Reservation 16,503, 60 KW, Air, Tech, Sound, Grey Leather, Lacewood, Twin Chargers, Supercharging, delivery to Atlanta.

My official window has been 5/1-5/15 and I am hopeful it will actually be pretty much in the center of that window. Everything was submitted the same day it was available. I've been playing slap and tickle with PenFed since 4/8 but it sounds like they are finally convinced I'm not stealing someone's identity.

Took delivery today at about 4:30 in Rockville, MD. The transport truck did not arrive until this morning, so the SC didn't have much time to prep it; my DS called me in the morning to let me know and ask to delay my arrival so they could have more prep time.

The red is stunning even in the lousy, overcast, rainy day, I suffered through today. I spent about 90 minutes at the SC with my delivery check list (from this site), going over every detail and making all of the final settings for the drive home. The car was not full charged (just under 100 miles range when I left the SC). After about a 45 mile drive, I arrived home with about 45 miles left.

I'll post more thought impressions in a day or so, once the lousy weather clears and I have a chance to drive it the way it should be drive. But for now, I'll say Wow! It was well worth the wait. I love this car.

Getting windows tinted now. Will post some photos later 2 nite.

Quick off-topic story: Am traveling to Dallas on business and decided to drop by and see a Tesla service center in person because, hey, that's what normal, sane, rational people do, right? Go out of their way to visit an AUTO SERVICE CENTER?

Glad you got to stop in there...those guys really are fantastic! I'm not usually a fan of red cars, but the new red is spectacular.

Heard back from my DS!

I should have my final paperwork tomorrow, and found out that "your car is estimated to finish production on May 5th."

For those of you who have experience with such things, what do you think that means for me in terms of delivery to this side of the country (Tennessee)? A week? Less? More?

Getting so close, I can't believe it! As Mr. Wonka once said, "The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last." ;-)

You have the same car that I will be picking up Saturday at Fremont.
Merrill, I'm picking up Saturday as well (2PM) - see you there?

Bill

- - - Updated - - -

My app just went live!
Todd, I'm four after you (VIN #9790) and my app ain't got nothing! Given that I'm scheduled to pick-up this Saturday, I hope it just means for whatever reason my car isn't linked to my account, not that my car isn't built!

Saw this vin# 9471@ Rockville today. Congrats to the lucky one! She's dirty but I like them that way:D.
qezy3uju.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Took delivery today at about 4:30 in Rockville, MD. The transport truck did not arrive until this morning, so the SC didn't have much time to prep it; my DS called me in the morning to let me know and ask to delay my arrival so they could have more prep time.

The red is stunning even in the lousy, overcast, rainy day, I suffered through today. I spent about 90 minutes at the SC with my delivery check list (from this site), going over every detail and making all of the final settings for the drive home. The car was not full charged (just under 100 miles range when I left the SC). After about a 45 mile drive, I arrived home with about 45 miles left.

I'll post more thought impressions in a day or so, once the lousy weather clears and I have a chance to drive it the way it should be drive. But for now, I'll say Wow! It was well worth the wait. I love this car.

Artsci, can you post the check list. I found a few but they are from January. My app just went live. Expect to pickup by end of next week.