Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Technical Analysis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Intraday ascending triangle breakout, just like yesterday ; ).

Attachments

• TSLA intraday.jpg
    TSLA intraday.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Informative
Reactions: TheMrX
A stock’s 50% decline from a high usually results in at least a strong bounce, and often defines a long-term bottom. The all-time intraday high for TSLA was $389.61 on 2017 SEP 18. Half of that is $194.805. Today’s low was a little under at $193.36, The price has since been hovering around the 50% decline level. Closing above could be an encouraging technical sign.

Last edited:
A stock’s 50% decline from a high usually results in at least a strong bounce, and often defines a long-term bottom. The all-time intraday high for TSLA was $389.61 on 2017 SEP 18. Half of that is $194.805. Today’s low was a little under at $193.36, The price has since been hovering around the 50% decline level. Closing above could be an encouraging technical sign.
Hope you are right, if not we could go visit 38% level at 147ish...

There is no such thing as oversold when investors are basically chickens running around with their heads cut off. Why can’t we get real guidance? It’s insane. Musk thinks he can save the stock from free fall by saying 90-100k cars? No one believes that. Just like enhanced summon has been coming out next week since November 1st. I’m just hoping that someone large is slowly building up a huge stake in Tesla. Hope isn’t an investment strategy though

what does oversold mean in terms of the charts and all those colored curves? why is it called 'oversold'?

The MACD indicator at the bottom of this chart shows when is the stock overbought (green arrow), and when it is oversold (red arrow).
This is where we are now, in oversold territory (based on an almost 7 months period). This means that a reversal to the upside is possible based on the price movement and other indicators. You can read more about the use of MACD here:
Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD)

And no, TA is not dead, if you know how to use it and what to look at. Trading using only fundamentals is like driving blindfolded!
And by the way, this thread is called "TSLA Technical Analysis";)

tsla_oversold.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: samk579 and bdy0627
Another confirmation that TA works, on March 22nd 2019, Analysts at "Cowen" set the $180 price target for TSLA:

TSLA – Analysts at Cowen on Friday lowered their price target on Tesla Inc. shares to $180, from $200.

This price level ($180) figured at least 3 times in the past few years, Goldman Sachs predicted it in 2017, Bank of America in 2018, and even JP Morgan back in February 2015 (it actually went down to $182 a month later!). So $180 is a significant number, mark my words!

178.53 according to this guy.

• Informative
Reactions: TMS and dc_h
TSLA is acting like any other stock that faces headwinds. In this case it is concern over production numbers, FCF, cash burn rate, and Elon losing credibility with Wall Street analysts. As an investor for many years, I've seen this movie many times, so I think that it's going to take some pretty dramatic items to turn the technicals around in any meaningful way.

TSLA is acting like any other stock that faces headwinds. In this case it is concern over production numbers, FCF, cash burn rate, and Elon losing credibility with Wall Street analysts. As an investor for many years, I've seen this movie many times, so I think that it's going to take some pretty dramatic items to turn the technicals around in any meaningful way.
Dramatic items?