Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if same in your area but we have seen a 30-40% temperature drop at least on the last 4 or 5 nights, suspect the battery system is just feeling a bit less generous in different conditions ?

I spanked 40 % or so off mine this morning on a distance that was only using 17-18% a week ago

Also noticed that preconditioning for SC this morning started 40 miles (!) away from SC location, whereas previous time it was 7 miles away

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel and Keithmt
Has anyone noticed battery affected after the update? Done around 80 miles today in my M3P, average 287w/mile but the battery has lost 41%!

You have been around oover last winter so maybe teaching you to suck eggs, but if you pre heated the car with minimal shore power, it will show a large battery loss even if efficiency was good.

Yes, done no miles, sentry not on, car sleeping, dropped 10 miles of range since update.

I've noticed recently that car battery % can fluctuate up and down by more than it use to. I think its reporting differently to how it use to - in TeslaFi parlance, its reporting 'cold' (which I interpret as usable) battery rather than normal battery.

Reactions: CMc1
I used NoA today for the first time in anger, on 2020.40.4, and I was very impressed. Not a single phantom braking incident either despite driving in all conditions today - dusk, daylight and evening.

NoA handled about 80 miles in total in a variety of traffic conditions and all I had to do was confirm lane changes and hold the wheel. It did suggest a couple of changes that I wouldn’t have done myself, but nothing extraordinary. If it didn’t need to ask me to confirm it would’ve driven those miles fully autonomously.

That said, I don’t really know what to do with my right foot while it’s driving.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
I used NoA today for the first time in anger, on 2020.40.4, and I was very impressed. Not a single phantom braking incident either despite driving in all conditions today - dusk, daylight and evening.

NoA handled about 80 miles in total in a variety of traffic conditions and all I had to do was confirm lane changes and hold the wheel. It did suggest a couple of changes that I wouldn’t have done myself, but nothing extraordinary. If it didn’t need to ask me to confirm it would’ve driven those miles fully autonomously.

That said, I don’t really know what to do with my right foot while it’s driving.

yah. We went under a set of overhead lights that flash for trucks to use the scale. We always got a “not really severe) phantom brake event. Not today. Woohoo.

• Informative
Reactions: JupiterMan
I've noticed recently that car battery % can fluctuate up and down by more than it use to. I think its reporting differently to how it use to - in TeslaFi parlance, its reporting 'cold' (which I interpret as usable) battery rather than normal battery.

(-)1% added, 1% taken away. I have seen similar up to iirc 5% but normally much less.

upload_2020-10-15_8-13-59.png

Reactions: piotroek
Seems you can no longer “unlock charger” whilst charging from within the car. You have to “stop charging” to enable the unlock button on the charge screen.

I’m sure I’ve always just hit “unlock” up until this release.
At the moment it stays grey until the charge is stopped.

40.4 installing now, it’s the first time I’ve had an alert via the app that an update is available, the previous 2 only popped up when forcing the update check via software menu on the display.

Wonder when we will get the maps update that was rolled back some time ago ? They won’t get any change out of folks who end up paying £10 a month if nav data ends up not being updated regularly .... needs to be 2 map updates a year really.

Early days. Quite possibly 'just' a bug fix 2020.40.4.5 - one vehicle so far. 2020.40.4 still rolling so no evidence yet that its going to supersede that.

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2020.40.4.5 was just detected on a Tesla Model S Long Range Plus in Washington United States. The highest previous version was 2020.40.4. Follow the 2020.40.4.5 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker .

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Since 2020.40.4 I think my worrying phanton drain is sorted. Seemed to have lost nothing overnight. I think I had the problem where the fan appeared to be running a long time after car stopped and someone said it was a known problem and there would be a software fix. Anyone else?

Reactions: Rustybkts
Yet again this update has made the headlights point skywards for me. This is the second time this has happened after an update, seems a bit odd. Just going into the service menu and selecting headlight adjustment seems to fix it; it spends about 30 seconds thinking about it then winds the lights back down to where they are supposed to be.

I've not seen this at all until the last update, and that one also seemed to make the car reboot afterwards, lost all the audio settings, etc. This time it just seemed to move the headlights up again.

Early days. Quite possibly 'just' a bug fix 2020.40.4.5 - one vehicle so far. 2020.40.4 still rolling so no evidence yet that its going to supersede that.

Well that didn't last long... 2020.40.7 - lets see if that sorts a few recent issues. Seems to be mostly Model Y so far.

TeslaFi said:
Software version 2020.40.7 was just detected on a Tesla Model Y Long Range DM in Texas United States. The highest previous version was 2020.40.4.5. Follow the 2020.40.7 release at TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker .

Last edited: