Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the silly question, I don’t really use Superchargers to be sure what you mean. Am I correct in thinking when preconditioning for a supercharger previously it would stop the preconditioning at around 17% even if you were close or far from the supercharger, but now it will do the same thing down to 9%?

Sorry for the silly question, I don’t really use Superchargers to be sure what you mean. Am I correct in thinking when preconditioning for a supercharger previously it would stop the preconditioning at around 17% even if you were close or far from the supercharger, but now it will do the same thing down to 9%?
Correct. Well at least it did for me in 2020.40.8.
See attached

Preconditioning threshold seems have been lowered within the last two UK releases.

Preconditioned right down to 9% with supercharger selected at 14-15%. Previously, ~17% was the limit.

View attachment 602041
[UK] 2020.40.x

Reactions: jpm777
I do wonder sometimes what the Tesla software team must think reading these forums. We all speculate that each new version has affected regen/braking/cameras/voice control and I'll wager that more times than not, absolutely nothing in the software has changed. What we want is a fully comprehensive list of every tweak - I can't see that ever happening.:D
You rarely get to know the fixes because that’s an admission that there was a fault

• Funny
Reactions: Godsense
I like the way we all usually have completely different experiences of updates. I reckon they send a different update to each of us but this time we all got the same one. I am on 2020.40.9 507cb67a95c8
;)

IMG_20201030_114242.jpg

Last edited:
Not related to the car software but I updated the app on my iPhone this morning and if I force close the app it now disconnects the virtual key until I open the app again, never had that before in 13 months

It's not just me then. I swore that when I got the car, as long as I'd opened the App and had it connected, I could force close it and it'd still open the car. I'm sure this was the case for a good few weeks. But then suddenly that didn't work and I had to have the app open, although could be running in the background.

I'm one of those people that out of instinct force closes anything I'm not using. This applies doubly with the Tesla app as it wakes the car up if I ever have it open.

Oh well, just another quirk to remember before I walk out and look an idiot trying to open a locked car.

Reactions: m3gt2