Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my first drive this morning after getting 2020.44 last night and one of the biggest things I noticed is that the visualisation seems to be supercharged. I'm seeing a LOT more being rendered on the screen. Overall, everything starts to be rendered further away. It used to be that I would have to be fairly close to something before it showed on the screen - not any longer. Cars further out start being shown smaller and nearly every single car is now rendered whereas before it was very hit or miss; nearly every single individual bin is being identified and rendered (whereas before I'd get one if they were close). Speed signs are identified and rendered further away.

It also is consistently rendering cars parked on the road (not ones in parking bays). Autopilot still isn't doing anything about them (ie driving around them) but it is rendering them all the time which is a change in behaviour.

Is anyone else on 2020.44 noticing this?

FWIW - I'm on a 2019 August delivery Model 3 with FSD.

^^^ this

imho, this is a really important observation, possibly indicating a significant change in the vehicles perception and labelling of vehicles around, maybe the 4D stuff?

I just wasted 20 minutes of my life eyeballing various videos hoping to see this in action, but absolutely no mention what so ever. The videos seem to concentrate on what is in the release notes and how they impact car controls - not a single one that I viewed contained a test drive. After 6 minutes, one of them ended up with 'its late now so haven't taken the car out for a drive' :facepalm. Seems to be a race to get a video out without doing the important stuff like driving - we all know there can be many important changes not reported in the release notes and that by @drewpost just reiterates this. For those of us not on FSD beta, if the above results in a better drive, even if it doesn't implement city street driving policy, its a pretty big change.

:breathe out

So for those that have 2020.44, please post further impressions, even better, photos or videos. The internet is seriously short of examples of 2020.44 driving and the vehicles perception of its surroundings.

I’ve not really noticed much difference in the rendering with 2020.44 which I received on Tuesday. However my car has always rendered much as drewpost describes with his 2020.44 update. It has always picked up nearly every bin, pedestrian, cyclist, car, lorry, bus etc within a good distance - strange that and I wonder why?

2020.44 on my S today. Little change in binnacle vis except it seemed to pick up more bins (or it was bin day en route). Biggest change and a nuisance is that before I could preset the limit with my tacc/autosteer stick but now if I pull down instead of dropping the limit by 1or 5 mph it goes directly into cruise control at current speed. Befroe it was 1 pull forwards for cc and 2 for self steer. To adjust the iit I have to be in one or the other before up/down on the stick. Not a massice deal but regressive.

Obvs done something to annoy the upgrade gods, I’m usually an early-hours-of-thursday-morning recipient but it’s still lying to me saying 2020.40.9 is uptodate.
Normally mine arrive on Thursdays. But... the last update came on Friday 30th October.
It may just turn up in the morning, ...which is a pain. The interior and glass has just been treated and has to sit for 24 hours

Well, this is a surprise - 44.10.1 is currently downloading to my M3LR FSD!

Attachments

• File 06-11-2020, 8 27 34 pm.png
    File 06-11-2020, 8 27 34 pm.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
  • Informative
Reactions: CMc1