Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll have a check tomorrow. Ours is a Thursday car so I'm expecting the .25 update o_O wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy to predict....
I guess we all have our own little theories...

In my case I noticed that mostly FSD cars seem to be at the head of the queue - logical if Tesla are gathering maximum useful data. I also theorised that I frequently get the new software prompt just after I have used AP (rarely use otherwise) so now whenever I see an update I make a point to use TACC/Autosteer & it mysteriously updates the following day, sometimes the same afternoon. I used it yesterday, update this morning... in my mind case proven (except that our dear moderator & others have FSD & still waiting doh!)

I'm sure most will agree it's just a crackpot idea but this car engages with me on so many different levels that at times I almost imagine the white paint hallucinating into a wedding dress :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: MrBadger
I'll have a check tomorrow. Ours is a Thursday car so I'm expecting the .25 update o_O wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy to predict...

I guess we all have our own little theories...

Well I donned my pink tutu, did the usual rain dance, and got sleet...

But I also got 2020.44.25...

Last edited:
I find the quickest way to get an update is to keep opening the software update page on the car.
If it refuses then it tells me immediately that the software is up to date. If it pauses for more than a second or so then I'm attached to the mother ship.

No idea how long it would be if I didn't do that.

It would be nice to get the small print regarding bug fixes.

Since getting 44.25 I've noticed that walk away lock takes longer than it used to. Previously it would be happen within a few seconds, at 3 or 4 metres (habitual glance back at the mirrors to check).

These last few days it's taken noticeably longer to get a visual check, almost as if Bluetooth range is extended (unlikely) or a time lag has been added.

Since getting 44.25 I've noticed that walk away lock takes longer than it used to. Previously it would be happen within a few seconds, at 3 or 4 metres (habitual glance back at the mirrors to check).

These last few days it's taken noticeably longer to get a visual check, almost as if Bluetooth range is extended (unlikely) or a time lag has been added.
That’s odd. Mine seems quicker. Used be about 10-15 seconds. Going from garage to house, the hoot came as I shut the front door. Now it’s a few seconds sooner.

I've not noticed it taking longer (well maybe I have but wouldn't have singled it out as such from other random behaviour) however a time delay would be most welcome as its sometimes (seemingly randomly) so fast that I haven't even finished do what I had been doing when its shut up shop and tooted the horn scaring the living daylights out of me as I was bending down next to the car.