Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a time when, like a child, I used to run excited to my car to discover what new features and traits each update brings. Sadly this time has long gone replaced with “minor bugs fixes”...
had 4.18 install yesterday and just did a long drive tonight after the install, m4, m40, toll, m6. loads of wind and spray.

couple of things i noticed the full beam upand down on the left stalk now seems to do what it should. (ie you can push it away to toggle from high to normal and back again) that was driving me nuts before. didnt try auto but am happier than before when it didnt do that.

the wipers worked all the way on auto as good as my last cars. (from dusk to dark)

lorries on overtaking on AP still ‘flutter’ into your lane on the visualisation but no way as bad as before. had no phantom breaking.

visualisation changed in that the car is now lower on the screen with the rendering of cars in other lanes working further out.

felt a step forward.

There was a time when, like a child, I used to run excited to my car to discover what new features and traits each update brings. Sadly this time has long gone replaced with “minor bugs fixes”...
I expressed the same disappointment to my friend who has a diesel Jag tonight. he just stared at me and eventually said “why do you go out to update your laptop on the drive?”

The 4.15 branch is just a random selection used for a/b testing. I'm not sure Tesla have any actual targetting of these things (that anyone has been able to discern).

Eventually it'll all merge back presumably in 4.19 (or something higher) to a single development stream.. or we'll all get v11.

Reactions: MattJ M
The 4.15 branch is just a random selection used for a/b testing. I'm not sure Tesla have any actual targetting of these things (that anyone has been able to discern).

Eventually it'll all merge back presumably in 4.19 (or something higher) to a single development stream.. or we'll all get v11.

Totally agree, with neural network testing and training it would be risky to not do random allocation - any intended or unintended bias voids the model. I'm confident Tesla know this.

Installed.4.18 two days ago & did a long drive yesterday to lincolnshire & tootled arround lincoln are today.
The incorrect traffic island exit number has returned that was cured 2 or 3 earlier updates.
Today, navigation regularly instructed the wrong exit number off roundabouts.
Anyone else noticed?

Installed 4.18 a few days ago, parked today with sentry mode on. When I returned to the car there was a 1 minute recording every minute! Nothing obvious triggered it, in fact there were no red dot trigger points. Couldn’t find a delete all command, so I reformatted the drive. Now there’s no camera icon!
On a positive note - regen braking has improved, much stronger.

Installed.4.18 two days ago & did a long drive yesterday to lincolnshire & tootled arround lincoln are today.
The incorrect traffic island exit number has returned that was cured 2 or 3 earlier updates.
Today, navigation regularly instructed the wrong exit number off roundabouts.
Anyone else noticed?
It was certainly showing the right exits under 4.12.2 back in April but the audio gave a different exit several times

In my experience audio announcements of roundabout exit numbers has never worked reliably - although it has always been consistently wrong at a mini- roundabout near me. Seems an extraordinary fault given that the visual display of the junction is correct.
I find this completely bonkers. How can they have it so wrong? Have the developers never seen a roundabout, before?

I appreciate some roundabouts are difficult if they also have little service roads coming off them, but it frequently gets it wrong on the most obvious ones around here. Bonkers.

I find this completely bonkers. How can they have it so wrong? Have the developers never seen a roundabout, before?

I appreciate some roundabouts are difficult if they also have little service roads coming off them, but it frequently gets it wrong on the most obvious ones around here. Bonkers.

The developers are American -
they've never seen rain hence the auto wipers,
never seen cold hence the octovalve issues and
traffic lights are the preferred junction in the USA (even though their own study showed roundabouts are way more efficient for traffic flow.

• Funny
Reactions: Obliter8