Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been driving around on the 2021 map for a few days so don't get too anxious.

Pete Townsend in '71 writing about about Tesla updates & maps? "....The world looks just the same, and history ain't changed...There's nothing in the streets looks any different to me...Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....Just like yesterday, then I'll get on my knees and pray, We don't get fooled again"

Last edited:
Reactions: NewbieT
I've been driving around on the 2021 map for a few days so don't get too anxious.

Pete Townsend in '71 writing about about Tesla updates & maps? "....The world looks just the same, and history ain't changed...There's nothing in the streets looks any different to me...Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....Just like yesterday, then I'll get on my knees and pray, We don't get fooled again"
Ain’t that the truth!

I wish we were getting the navigation updates that they were getting in Japan. They look really nice. Maybe one for wide release another time, although they did first appear some time ago.

And all moving from 4.15.8 which I updated to yesterday. Haven’t even driven it yet!
still, if you’re going to hammer the bugs, this is the way to do it
…and lo and behold, having not driven anywhere on 4.15.8 since installing it yesterday, 4.15.10 has just landed!
it begs the question; was 4.15.8 buggy or has something important from an earlier update slipped through the net. Who knows?

Reactions: AnthonyLR
it begs the question; was 4.15.8 buggy or has something important from an earlier update slipped through the net. Who knows?
I'm suspicious too. I spent a week or so on advanced (not that anecdotally that seems to have too much bearing on things as is the case here) hoping to get the nav update, but 4.15.8 popped up instead. A few days later, the nav update appeared, so I reverted back to standard setting not wanting to take any further updates for a while. Then a couple of days ago, whilst having been firmly on standard for a few days, 4.15.10 popped up.

Scrap all that. Just got offered 4.15.10 with no drive on 4.15.8 so versions in my post were wrong.

I am even more suspicious. 3 updates in 11 days, 2 of them whilst on standard setting, and the latest offered without even turning a wheel. I'm guessing an update needed to 2021.4.15.6 and an even more pressing update (.10) needed to 2021.4.15.8.

Last edited:
I'm suspicious too. I spent a week or so on advanced (not that anecdotally that seems to have too much bearing on things as is the case here) hoping to get the nav update, but 4.15.8 popped up instead. A few days later, the nav update appeared, so I reverted back to standard setting not wanting to take any further updates for a while. Then a couple of days ago, whilst having been firmly on standard for a few days, 4.15.10 popped up.

So a week or so between .8 and .10, the latter being on standard. Not that I noticed anything serious with .8, but this smells either of a fix to a relatively pressing issue, or Tesla simply want a quick turnaround to some A/B testing. Possibly as a result of the nav update. I'll be taking the car on my twice weekly outing so will see if I notice anything different - different weather likely to invalidate AP comparison though although who knows, maybe it will behave differently to the speed limits that were seriously wrong on M25/M3 interchange.
There was a report that fluctuating solar charges were causing premature charge complete on 4.15.8 but not prior.