Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Presumably, sentry is not on?

I use Tesla Fi for the data

Are the TeslaFi logs giving any indication why it may not be sleeping, eg

1623939896603.png

Upto 2021.4.18 it would always sleep regular intervals of 59mins throughout the day/night.

I find the 59 minutes rather odd. It should be sleeping for hours so maybe you had an issue prior to update and its just manifested itself in a different way.

Hi All, not sure if right place to post and apologies if already been mentioned. But since 2021.4.18.2 my MS85 (mcu2 upgraded) has not gone into sleep mode once. Upto 2021.4.18 it would always sleep regular intervals of 59mins throughout the day/night.
Wondering if anyone has noticed same thing or read about it elsewhere? Phantom drain now is crazy on my MS.
Thanks.
How recently did you upgrade?

My M3P got into a bit of a tizz one day recently where it was waking itself up every 30 minutes without fail, and it was nothing to do with Cabin Overheat Protection. As soon as I got sufficiently motivated to try and find out the cause, it just stopped.

One thing that might be worth doing, which I did with my car - though I don't know if it was related, was changing my Tesla password. This has the effect of basically invalidating existing tokens, etc, so if there is something out there causing problems that would be the first thing to do. Of course, you would then have to actually wait by your car to anticipate when its going to wake up, to see if it actually does...

Reactions: jimbo_hippo
How recently did you upgrade?

My M3P got into a bit of a tizz one day recently where it was waking itself up every 30 minutes without fail, and it was nothing to do with Cabin Overheat Protection. As soon as I got sufficiently motivated to try and find out the cause, it just stopped.

One thing that might be worth doing, which I did with my car - though I don't know if it was related, was changing my Tesla password. This has the effect of basically invalidating existing tokens, etc, so if there is something out there causing problems that would be the first thing to do. Of course, you would then have to actually wait by your car to anticipate when its going to wake up, to see if it actually does...
This is a great bit of advice for problems going forward. Simple but I wouldn’t have thought of it. Nice one.

Hi guys, thanks for the info. Update happened 3 days ago.. last 2 nights plenty of failed sleep attempts, however it did sleep once last night (for the usual 59mins).
I do have Tezlab installed that i tested but decided to go with Teslafi as the i am a bit of data nerd. If i change Tesla account password, what needs to be done to setup Teslafi ? Do i lose all previous data?
Oh and cabin overheat protection is surely a non issue at night when its 8degrees celcius?

Hi guys, thanks for the info. Update happened 3 days ago.. last 2 nights plenty of failed sleep attempts, however it did sleep once last night (for the usual 59mins).
I do have Tezlab installed that i tested but decided to go with Teslafi as the i am a bit of data nerd. If i change Tesla account password, what needs to be done to setup Teslafi ? Do i lose all previous data?
Oh and cabin overheat protection is surely a non issue at night when its 8degrees celcius?
Data nerds use taslemate and/or teslalogger

No you don't lose previous data, you just need to update the password in TeslaFi too. It's possible TezLab is stopping the sleep too (I've never used it myself), so hopefully the password change will help.

Reactions: MrBadger
If i change Tesla account password, what needs to be done to setup Teslafi ? Do i lose all previous data?

^ ha - posts crossed

Everything remains in TeslaFi - you just need to set up a new token again - easiest done in TeslaFi.

Your 59 minutes sleep is not right so you have had a problem for a while. Resetting your Tesla account password will kill all third party app access, and its very possible that Tezlab and TeslaFi have been fighting each other and preventing each other from allowing the car to sleep properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durzel and ediflyer
Any one noticing car interface hanging i have now had 3 instances with unresponsive touch screen and unable to drive forcing a reboot to fix this. I did try the whole get out of the car and locking and unlocking still no joy. I suppose i should of given it a bit longer to wait inbetween but already running late for the school run.

You won't lose any data in these third party apps from resetting your Tesla password. What will simply happen is that you will be logged out of them, as well as the Tesla app itself.

At that point you won't have any way of knowing your car is waking up or not, other than the old fashioned way of hearing it clonk (and/or whatever the Model S does when it wakes up). If it's happening every hour or so then it might simply be easy enough to stand around by your car when you think it's due to wake and just listen.

Not knowing much about the Model S, does it not just sleep for hours/days if left alone? Even waking up every 59 minutes seems strange to me. My 3 will sleep for days if left alone.

Screenshot 2021-06-18 at 16.27.36.png

2021.4.18.2 arrived yesterday evening, the release notes say nothing other than "Miscellaneous improvements"

Not for definite. Normally something like 2021.4.18.2 would likely to be bug fixes to 2021.4.18 and/or .1, but Tesla's in an odd space at the moment (the afore mentioned fiddling) so have kind of run out of meaningful sequences. As a result, 2021.4.18.2 seems to be a significant update NN (the Neural Network from the limited 2021.4.15.x branch) wise to 2021.4.18, so significant changes in behaviour of autopilot and auto wipers are likely to be experienced.

• Helpful
Reactions: Peter 224
Not for definite. Normally something like 2021.4.18.2 would likely to be bug fixes to 2021.4.18 and/or .1, but Tesla's in an odd space at the moment (the afore mentioned fiddling) so have kind of run out of meaningful sequences. As a result, 2021.4.18.2 seems to be a significant update NN (the Neural Network from the limited 2021.4.15.x branch) wise to 2021.4.18, so significant changes in behaviour of autopilot and auto wipers are likely to be experienced.
One change I noticed today: as soon as you open the car door the audio volume is significantly reduced.