Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 4.18.2 on Monday evening and since then I have had a couple of instances of the DAB radio with no sound (displays the radio station details but no sound, Spotify/TuneIn was working OK). Also had a few instances of an alert telling me SOS call not working and asking me to schedule a service with Tesla to look into it. Both appear to start working again/clear the alert after I return to my car for the next drive. I have done a full reboot to see if that clears any gremlins in the system.

I updated to 4.18.2 on Monday evening and since then I have had a couple of instances of the DAB radio with no sound (displays the radio station details but no sound, Spotify/TuneIn was working OK). Also had a few instances of an alert telling me SOS call not working and asking me to schedule a service with Tesla to look into it. Both appear to start working again/clear the alert after I return to my car for the next drive. I have done a full reboot to see if that clears any gremlins in the system.

I would flag up a software problem to Service via the app. It may just need to have a fresh download. It's less likely that it's a hardware fault but at least you will know it has been checked.

I got 18.2 overnight on Monday into Tuesday (no FSD or EAP), and had a 300+ mile round trip from Derbyshire to Poulton-le-Fylde yesterday to give it a good run out.

All dry so no test of the wipers, but I had 3 x pretty severe phantom breaking incidents, and I'd had 1 in the previous ~1500 miles or so, so a definite step backwards on that front.

I also noticed (and it happened 6 or 7 times) that if I was driving above the set TACC/AP speed and let off the accelerator, it would slow down to several miles per hour below the set speed and then slowly creep back up to the set speed (e.g. TACC set to 70, doing, say, 73 and let off gas and it would slow down to maybe 65 and then creep back up to the set 70). A couple of times it may even have got lower than that delta if I hadn;t manually intervened and accelerated. I've never observed this behavior in the 6k+ miles of driving I've done sonce getting the car in December 2020.