Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.4.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would flag up a software problem to Service via the app. It may just need to have a fresh download. It's less likely that it's a hardware fault but at least you will know it has been checked.
thanks I plan to do this if the problem reappears after I did the hard reboot last night. One thing I have noticed since the latest update, is when stopped at a filter traffic light. When the filter light turns green it displays the arrow in the traffic light (Green arrow) rather than just standard green traffic light. Is this a new thing as I can't recall noticing this on previous firmware versions, although I am usually to busy paying attention to the big wide screen in front of me to look what's being displaying on the in car display when the traffic lights turns green.

PS I don't have FSD/EAP

When the filter light turns green it displays the arrow in the traffic light (Green arrow) rather than just standard green traffic light. Is this a new thing as I can't recall noticing this on previous firmware versions, although I am usually to busy paying attention to the big wide screen in front of me to look what's being displaying on the in car display when the traffic lights turns green.
I've not noticed this before (I have FSD), the arrow traffic lights rarely show their status on my display until I am close up, I think because they are not as bright as the full "normal" traffic light (so the NN is not as good at detecting them yet?), but as I get closer when they do show I have never noticed an arrow.... will check again tomorrow!

I have started noticing words written on the road though, in addition to arrow markings which have been there for some time... I think this is new?

I've not noticed this before (I have FSD), the arrow traffic lights rarely show their status on my display until I am close up, I think because they are not as bright as the full "normal" traffic light (so the NN is not as good at detecting them yet?), but as I get closer when they do show I have never noticed an arrow.... will check again tomorrow!

I have started noticing words written on the road though, in addition to arrow markings which have been there for some time... I think this is new?
I saw STOP and arrows on 4.18, maybe even before. Will keep an eye out for the traffic light rendering. No FSD here

Reactions: JupiterMan
I first saw arrows, words etc on the road when my passenger spotted them on 4.18. Today (on 4.18.2) I pulled up to several traffic lights showing a green filter arrow & specifically looked for that on screen. So far, even when really close just the circular green lens was shown.

Initial reports that 2021.4.21 is nothing obviously new. A slight curiosity is the term 'feature' in release version Feature/2021.4.21

Looks like a GitHub (or similar) branch name accidentally made its way into the release name, it's a normal naming convention for the code base. I expect the original feature branch was 2021.4 and we're into the bug fixes stemming from that - but I'm just guessing at Tesla's internal naming standards.

Reactions: CMc1