Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2021.40.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the car it's horrible.. We're not talking about desktop.
Agreed, I tried it a couple of times and then hid it as a source - which is pretty bad when I'm still getting it for free.

I'd happily pay a couple of pounds a month to get the map features back when my Premium trial expires, but I suspect that the bulk of the money is just being given to Spotify; so I'm not going to take out a sub for something I have no intention of using.

What's even weirder is that if you take out Premium then Spotify don't give you Premium on the desktop. It's almost as if they don't care about us, only our money...

Mine arrived this morning.
This is my list of software updates to the car since getting it in September.
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 16.21.28 pm.png

Even with the higher bit rate, I'd be really sceptical that you would hear any difference between this and Spotify in the car.

Try this quiz....
1 got 2 out of 6... which would be the same rate as guessing!

and listening to them, you have to really concentrate to hear any difference at all (which clearly I couldn't!)

40.6 installed with the same error.

In terms of driving - jumping traffic lights seems to have gone, TACC beeps enabled by default (you have to be in park to disable), TACC seems unsure where the car is in front - have they turned the radar off?, seems less sure of lane positioning, 60 miles done on the M3/A303

I've the problem too but oddly the software is updated as I have Tidal, British English etc. I'm just going to leave it as Tesla must know of the issue and will presumably just fix it for everyone otherwise its a full time job as I suspect many many people have the issue based on the number of people I've seen comment so far.

I downloaded it today. No problem downloading or installing. All the features were there and working. But not able to switch battery miles/percentage so did a reboot and did not go smoothly. I thought it wasn’t going to reboot but finally the screen woke up. Unfortunately has got both the Tidal and the British English updates but the waypoint and the other cold weather improvements did not download or install. Just going to leave it as it is and hope Tesla will fix it. Need the car so don’t want to waste time rebooting and not able to wake up the car. Anyone had similar problems?

Fully installed but...Stuck on 100% green download arrow still there. Full brake +L+R Reboot makes no difference.
Any suggestions?
Same issue here. 2021.40.6 became available for my M3P overnight. Tried installing this morning and stuck on 100% both on app and car which shows downloading at 0B/s. 2 button reset makes no difference. It does look like it is installed however. Spoke to Tesla and they have said to report via app - hopefully it's just a case of remotely re-sending the update...

Reactions: exlatccatsa