Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
Managed to email VW and now have an RN number! Spoke with Tesla and they said I'd need to speak with NHS fleet for updates (who say speak with Tesla)!
Strange I've not had any text from Tesla though. (perhaps because I had account set up).
Glad to hear you've got the all-important RN number. My experience (NHS/Knowles Fleet) indicates that Tesla might be unwilling to tell you much more, because of the lease, but that if you sense there's a problem, at least you have the RN. We had the vehicle matching text approx. five weeks after the RN text, and the delivery message a day or two later (however, as per my various messages, there was a 'problem' with our vehicle allocation that had to be sorted by someone at Tesla, so I'm not sure how representative our experience is).

Our main contact at Knowles implied (OK, stated) that VW are terrible at responding to messages - even the fleet company can't 'just' phone them - so well done on finding a way to get through. They're also terrible at using the supercharger code, if supplied: in our case, VW have (apparently) said they'll refund an equivalent amount of money to us, though I don't yet know in what form that will come. Or even, because we're on a lease, if we'll ever be able to share our own referral code, but anyway...

Great car, worth the weirdnesses of the wait! Good luck.

Reactions: TesTed and PaulMD
Update:
Managed to email VW and now have an RN number! Spoke with Tesla and they said I'd need to speak with NHS fleet for updates (who say speak with Tesla)!
Strange I've not had any text from Tesla though. (perhaps because I had account set up).
Good news! Just call Tesla, NHS Fleet are clueless. As soon as you call from the number you've registered with they'll know everything about you before even picking up the phone. As Corbett above has said, watch the inventory for your spec then call Tesla to see if you can be matched to it, they're really helpful from my experience.

One other thing you may need to do is ask your lease company to speak to Tesla and let them know on your behalf that you're willing to pick up rather than have it delivered, as apparently the latter is our default which limits the matching process

Good news! Just call Tesla, NHS Fleet are clueless. As soon as you call from the number you've registered with they'll know everything about you before even picking up the phone. As Corbett above has said, watch the inventory for your spec then call Tesla to see if you can be matched to it, they're really helpful from my experience.

One other thing you may need to do is ask your lease company to speak to Tesla and let them know on your behalf that you're willing to pick up rather than have it delivered, as apparently the latter is our default which limits the matching process
Can confirm that delivery seems to be the default and that it's a good idea letting Tesla know if you're happy to pick up, though in our case it took a few attempts for this information to really sink in... Pretty sure we'd still be waiting if we hadn't...!

Reactions: PaulMD and TesTed
Hi All,

I have recently taken delivery of a Tesla Model 3 SR+. Found this forum very helpful for info from order to delivery. Thank you everyone. Thought I would share my experience in case it benefits someone -

I test drove a Model 3 on 5th Jun at Dartford, London. Super impressed and placed the order the very next day. Went for a Red SR+ and there were none in the inventory and got a delivery date of late Aug/Sep'21. For next two weeks, apart from reading every post on this forum and watching 100s of Model 3 videos on YouTube, I kept checking the Tesla inventory 5-10 times each day.Found a new one on inventory (matching my spec) on 21st Jun. Called Tesla and they were very helpful; immediately assigned the car to me. Sorted out payment in next couple of days (including a trade-in of my old car) and collected on 26th Jun.

Test drive to delivery in 3 weeks. Super thrilled!

For anyone waiting for Aug/Sep delivery, if you want it sooner, please keep checking the inventory.

Answering a few other questions that keep cropping up on forums -
1. Passenger seat lumber support is NOT there on new cars (only available on driver seat)
2. Floor mats (carpet) were provided even on a SR+
3. Car had abt 40% charge when I collected. Had option to top up at the super charger but since home was only 10miles away , I didn't bother
4. Insurance without Reg Num available on DVLA search is a pain as it limits options and hence increases costs. Didn't have much time to sort it out. Wish Tesla provide drive away insurance
5. No panel gaps (atleast I couldn't spot any). There was a small paint chip and I have contacted the service centre about it (using their app)

Update just had a text saying they will deliver to my house on June 30th!! Which although would be nice I need to somehow move my old car on very quickly now. Are the tesla confirmation texts usually reliable?
I had a text on Friday too asking me if I could take delivery by 30th June. I replied YES within minutes, they acknowledged my response 2 hours later ... then nothing. I messaged Tesla on Monday to see whether it was still going to happen (I still haven't received any contract documents), but not a dicky bird from them :(.

I hope yours arrived!

Certainly worth keeping an eye on Tesla-Info daily to see if any become available.

Delivery date for SR+ now pushed out to November - LR and P still showing August.
1625246566579.png