Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just arranged to bring my collection at Brent Cross forwards from 5PM Monday to 10AM tomorrow. From three more sleeps it’s now no more sleeps - no way I’ll sleep tonight.

Then got a call from them saying have I signed the Finance forms! Yes - I did it yesterday and I have the email to prove it! Rather paranoid now. I offered to forward the email back to prove it but they say it’s not necessary. It had better not be.

Feel like a kid on Xmas eve!

So I ordered mine on August the 26th so missed the September delivery slot. However someone on the phone told me they don’t deliver cars in October. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Is it the push to deliver in Q3 means that the inventory is gone?
Yes, I'm in the same boat..... the Q3 deliveries are all booked out and car allocations gone (unless you get a cancellation or change of spec order). No new deliveries in October just allocations and orders starting off Q4 with a bang. Expecting my allocation mid October and delivery mid Nov. Lots of info to keep track in this thread and the 2021 shipping movements thread :)

So I ordered mine on August the 26th so missed the September delivery slot. However someone on the phone told me they don’t deliver cars in October. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Is it the push to deliver in Q3 means that the inventory is gone?
Keep checking the new inventory, there might be some cancelled orders this week, especially as there’s so many of them. I’m so happy now that I’m getting a Red one from the inventory, you never know what might pop up for you if you’re willing to be a bit flexible.

Reactions: moodel_tree
Was all set to pick up next Tuesday (ordered Monday) from Southampton and then got a call saying the car is in Brent Cross (inventory car) and won't make it to Southampton till Thursday. Was told that could collect from Brent Cross anytime though but I really dont fancy the palaver of going into London so next Thursday it is. Had the VIN as of Tuesday and reg came through Wednesday along with the final invoice. Thought I was all set for payment as had them as a payee on my account from last year but they gave me different bank details so that was a step back to sending the £1 as to confirm.

Edit: Just to say that its not helpful that the banks are unable to confirm their bank details as being genuine and this will probably make a few people anxious.
I transferred £1 first to make sure it went to the right place before paying the balance.

Yes, I'm in the same boat..... the Q3 deliveries are all booked out and car allocations gone (unless you get a cancellation or change of spec order). No new deliveries in October just allocations and orders starting off Q4 with a bang. Expecting my allocation mid October and delivery mid Nov. Lots of info to keep track in this thread and the 2021 shipping movements thread :)
That’s what I don’t understand. If I could’ve got a car in September if I’d ordered by 23/8 then why does ordering 3 days later mean I wait that much longer. What is happening to the cars they’re importing in October?

That’s what I don’t understand. If I could’ve got a car in September if I’d ordered by 23/8 then why does ordering 3 days later mean I wait that much longer. What is happening to the cars they’re importing in October?
I know its strange and i asked Tesla the same question and i was informed Nov - reading between the lines i think it takes up to 40 days to ship, prepare and deliver a car. So the cars that they shipped in August are the delivery's we are seeing being collected now. My logic is if they ship the next batch from China early October they should be with us mid November. Ties in with the sales quarters..... why push further for an already crazy end of Q3 when they can pause loading ships for a week or so and start off Q4 with big order books/full ships

What is happening to the cars they’re importing in October?
They aren't importing any cars in October. All cars made in September are for China, or asian counties that can take delivery before the end of the quarter. Due to the 4 week sailing time, it is impossible for cars to be made in the last month of the quarter and arrive in Europe in time for it to be handed over to the customer and counted as 'sold'.

When a new quarter starts (October), vehicles are made for Europe and start arriving in the second month (November), with the majority arriving in the third month (December).

At some point I feel Tesla will need to move away from the quarter by quarter approach and just have a steady supplied of cars arriving, but it doesn't look like things will change for next quarter.

I ordered about the same time (Model 3 LR). I phoned Tesla last week and they told me to expect delivery ’around’ 2nd week of November