Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peauget Insurance £417.76 (with NCB protected) (£250 voluntary excess / £500 mandatory / Total Excess £750)

Age 38 live in South East London (Greater), 10 years NCB with 3 other named drivers (spouse, mum and dad) to bring costs down

Car parked on Driveway overnight
3000 miles a year

I'm 37, 11 years NCB, 6 pts (4 years old), Live south of London, car is in garage overnight.

Wife is on the insurance also...

£1,100 for me as main driver.

or

Wife with 0 NCBs and as the main driver, £700

No brainer.

Literally no clue how you boys are pulling £500 annual costs. You must live in a Prison cell.
I've had no claims since driving from when I was 17, so more than 20 years NCD if you can get that much etc. Just tried Churchill - £580, and Peugeot £440. Both with No claims protection. Both with my wife as named driver. Direct line were about £550.

Car parked on drive, 10k mileage. Might make a difference?

Any other places to try? Looks like Peugeot will be the winner at that price. Its cheaper than my current Skoda Kodiaq.

Reactions: Liquidv
Hot off the press. It seems Q4 SR+ are actually being shipped with Full Premium Interior, according to "Emma" at Tesla Online Chat.

Could other people expecting Q4 SR+ delivery reach out to CS and have them confirm/deny too, and report back?

Pulled from Facebook.

View attachment 729213
Sorry, but where can you find out what the Premium Interior is? What is the difference? Just heated seats/stearing wheel?

I see there is that guy on there who’s basically saying none of this matters, because the SR is slower than the LR!? 😂

He’s had me over that a few times on FB
I know, such a weird thing to say. Then again, there are some people who still see Teslas as "Sports Cars" and all they care about is speed?

They probably don't realise they're in the minority. As more and more people switch to EVs, and Teslas, the whole speed factor will become a selling point for a few, but not for most.

Reactions: Simonix
I've had no claims since driving from when I was 17, so more than 20 years NCD if you can get that much etc. Just tried Churchill - £580, and Peugeot £440. Both with No claims protection. Both with my wife as named driver. Direct line were about £550.

Car parked on drive, 10k mileage. Might make a difference?

Any other places to try? Looks like Peugeot will be the winner at that price. Its cheaper than my current Skoda Kodiaq.
is a drive safer than a garage?

Did he tell you it's gonna be slower too? 🤣

Tesla gives with one hand, takes with the other.
For full premium interior and better range at £1'000 less than current list price on a base model? They can have their 500ms of speed :)

Some folks have bought LRs for Q4 delivery, and it seems, the only advantage LRs have now, is 1-2s faster 0-60, AWD and 50 miles more range... for 7-8k more... 🤷 SR+ looks like brilliant value for money, even if it does mean a trade off with speed... sub 6 seconds is still fast enough for most.

is a drive safer than a garage?
I've heard before that when you tell them it is parked in a garage, they have to account for potential damage to the garage as well, say you accidentally miss the break and knock down part of your garage (in an extreme circumstance), your car insurance would cover the cost of repairing the garage too, therefore can be more expensive than parking on a drive

Reactions: Oxstock
For full premium interior and better range at £1'000 less than current list price on a base model? They can have their 500ms of speed :)

Some folks have bought LRs for Q4 delivery, and it seems, the only advantage LRs have now, is 1-2s faster 0-60, AWD and 50 miles more range... for 7-8k more... 🤷 SR+ looks like brilliant value for money, even if it does mean a trade off with speed... sub 6 seconds is still fast enough for most.

Yes I feel a bit gutted too, I have LR on order
don't forget charge rate SR only at 170kw Max, LR and perf much higher :p

Are you sure full premium interior?
Tesla CS doesn't know their head from their toes.