Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t suppose you got some snaps of the window from inside and out
Sure (as Elon would say)

There are no angles or conditions where the line is visible from the outside btw.

D1013DA2-9670-49A0-AD12-1CE4D13840DF.jpeg
1EDB1F65-DB76-4807-AB0F-069A958A511A.jpeg

Last edited:
as you say, its got to be done... Love it.

These badges of yours, how hard are they to remove the original ones? Assume they're stuck on? Looks like a ****ing pain to remove them.
Pretty easy to remove them, heat them up with a hairdryer then use dental floss or thin fishing line to saw behind them, any leftover pad and glue can be removed easiest with white spirits and a plastic razor blade (absolutely not a metal one!)

Pretty easy to remove them, heat them up with a hairdryer then use dental floss or thin fishing line to saw behind them, any leftover pad and glue can be removed easiest with white spirits and a plastic razor blade (absolutely not a metal one!)

You seen any cheaper than £50? I only need the T symbols for front and back as I'm getting SR+ but they seem to mark up the price of Tesla ones over other cars 👀

You seen any cheaper than £50? I only need the T symbols for front and back as I'm getting SR+ but they seem to mark up the price of Tesla ones over other cars 👀
They were available without the dual motor badges, for £40 iirc, but don’t seem to be currently. They’re probably more expensive than other brands due to being metal badges. These are nice cars, I don’t think we should be putting any cheap crap on them, and after all, these badges cost little more than half a tank of diesel, that we don’t have to pay for anymore! 😉

teaston, can you send me a pm as to who you used for your charger installation and if you don't mind giving me a idea what they quoted you, I'm getting some silly quotes, last one was £1300 +VAT and the cable run is around 2 metres from main fuse to consumer unit and 2 metres to charger location. Looking for reliable/inexpesive/local ;)

teaston, can you send me a pm as to who you used for your charger installation and if you don't mind giving me a idea what they quoted you, I'm getting some silly quotes, last one was £1300 +VAT and the cable run is around 2 metres from main fuse to consumer unit and 2 metres to charger location. Looking for reliable/inexpesive/local ;)
I went direct with Pod Point, £600 for the 7kw tethered charger including install using the OLEV grant (which pod point sort out for you).

Reactions: Whisker
We used EV homecharge install, very reliable and did all the grant paperwork for us. We paid £750 for our wallbox installing, they did all the running about with the electricity board too.

I'm ashamed that I never thought about this 😂:oops:. Its incredibly obvious now that you mentioned it
+1 for PodPoint - I know one of the guys who designed the kit, so it it was a no brainer for me to be honest. Good value for money, good service and a sound bit of kit (e.g. current clamp to allow prioritisation of supply to house circuits if the total current draw gets near your main fuse limit).

Hi teaston, what did you do with your front and rear number plates? I see the ugly holder has gone. Have you removed completely and just used double sided tape?
I've been looking into this.

You can remove the "surround" them stick the plate to the "back" which is left and you can't see once the plate is on.

Don't want to screw them on and after reading round these get great reviews so have ordered some

• Helpful
Reactions: Field Marshall
I've been looking into this.

You can remove the "surround" them stick the plate to the "back" which is left and you can't see once the plate is on.

Don't want to screw them on and after reading round these get great reviews so have ordered some

haven't got the car yet but just ordered a set.. can't wait for the M3 LR to arrive as got a large box full of stuff ready to put on it...thanks for info 😎👍

That’s not the same. Not sure what these are? But they’re not what he has and what most others have.

No, sorry, didn't mean it was. I'm doing upto the 50 second point in that video then sticking the velcro pads and plates to the "back piece" of the existing plate holder.

haven't got the car yet but just ordered a set.. can't wait for the M3 LR to arrive as got a large box full of stuff ready to put on it...thanks for info 😎👍

No probs. Same here 😁 no car (or VIN) but acquiring an ever growing pile of accessories 🤣

Reactions: Oxstock
I did look at the vinyl "sticker" type number plates as they look very clean, but not sure about how they would fare long term with the screw holes under them from removing the holder

Also not sure how easy they are to remove when you want to swap the plates back (mines a "private" plate)