Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
theres no way they're offering accelerated delivery on cars that are out a sea near Libya.
They’re much closer than that. I’m due to collect in 3 weeks and there are likely cars on that boat that have been unallocated.

Accelerated just means “not the quoted delivery timescale on a custom order”.

Reactions: MrT3
Just had a reminder text for delivery 29th Nov - I had already replied with my address to the first one, but didn’t get a confirmation. On receipt of the ‘reminder!’ text, I called Tesla. Spoke to James who was very helpful and confirmed they had received both of my address replies but didn’t know why a reminder text had gone out. Also confirmed my registration plate and VIN - which I already knew.
Ordered 15/10, VIN 26/10, delivery 29/11. M3 LR completely standard car.

Reactions: Oxstock
Just had a reminder text for delivery 29th Nov - I had already replied with my address to the first one, but didn’t get a confirmation. On receipt of the ‘reminder!’ text, I called Tesla. Spoke to James who was very helpful and confirmed they had received both of my address replies but didn’t know why a reminder text had gone out. Also confirmed my registration plate and VIN - which I already knew.
Ordered 15/10, VIN 26/10, delivery 29/11. M3 LR completely standard car.
when did you get your delivery text

I just called. All seems assigned, 305 miles with heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Plus I fell in between the motor change, so I have the original motor with 0-100 km (0-62 mph) in 5.6 seconds.

I would call that a good result!

They've told you a bit of a white lie here. The devil is in the detail...

You have the new motor, not the old motor. In the U.K. Tesla.com advertises 0-60, not 0-62, there is a difference between speed estimate.

So yes, 0-62 is 5.6s, but 0-60 is 5.8s, the newer 0-60 speed advertised on Tesla.com.

You are getting the more efficient, but slower, hairpin motor. Not the older "Performance" 5.3.s 0-60 motor on the discontinued SR+.

The motor you're getting is 0.5ms than the one you thought you were getting. Sorry to bear this bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bandito
I just called. All seems assigned, 305 miles with heated rear seats and heated steering wheel. Plus I fell in between the motor change, so I have the original motor with 0-100 km (0-62 mph) in 5.6 seconds.

I would call that a good result!
The original motor is A not J. J is the new efficient Chinese motor.

Given what we've seen recently it's clear they make no difference though. It's definitely a software limitation that Tesla are giving people different accelerations depending on when you ordered.

Edit: ignore the second paragraph, my head is muddled from acceleration times and mph Vs km at this stage

Given what we've seen recently it's clear they make no difference though. It's definitely a software limitation that Tesla are giving people different accelerations depending on when you ordered.

Edit: ignore the second paragraph, my head is muddled from acceleration times and mph Vs km at this stage
I think Tesla CS is confused by this also.

The bottom line is. Everybody with a Q4 SR+ delivery is getting 0-60 5.6 and 0-62 5.8.

I talked to est today, they have a significant backlog and they say they will get round to my application in the next few days,…. I’m not holding my breath somehow.
My friend phoned today as well and was told the following.

They're short staffed.

They're in the process of training up new people just now.

Wasn't sure if she would have the money in time for her picking up the car on 26th November.

Not great news at all

Mines “A” in the vin, confirmed 5.6 seconds 305mile range, rear and steering wheel heated

Reactions: Bandito
I've been told by numerous CS on phone and email that mine is 0-62 (0-100km/h) at 5.6 and have the A motor. So with that, it's still not cut and dry.
Yes. Same as above. You’re getting the 0-60 5.8s, 0-62 5.6s. Just like those with a J.

Tesla are confusing things by giving people acceleration times for 0-62 rather than the 0-60 folks from the U.K. expect.

Mines “A” in the vin, confirmed 5.6 seconds 305mile range, rear and steering wheel heated
5.6 what though? 0-60, 0-62, 0-100? This matters. It makes no sense they’d have a 5.6s car that is neither the old or the new.

It’s a 5.8 0-62. And a 5.6 0-60.

Everybody is getting confused. Even Tesla CS.