Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the official numbers are...

Pre November 2021
Mph
0-60 = 5.3
0-62 = 5.6

Kmh
0-100=5.6

The new times as of this month and into 2022

Mph
0-60 = 5.8
0-62 = 6.1

Kmh
0-100 = 6.1

When talking to Tesla CS, just keep the above in mind and ask them for specifics so you know they aren't getting confused themselves. If the CS person you spoke with is correct then you've dropped into the half and half bracket, or one of the lucky ones as CS like to call us. It means we get the larger battery with the old performance, but again, remains to be seen how true any of this is
well, I have the details on an email from Tesla so if it does match that the I will probably ask to be compensated somewhat if not.

Just got a text! "Vehicle arrival date is being calculated" - collecting at Thorpe Park so guessing this is the equivalent of "what's your address"?

Also got a quote from Peugeot insurance so thanks for the pointer on that one - way cheaper than the others...but won't bother re-quoting until I have a date and reg plate.

(How do I add an automatic signature to posts so I can be as helpful as others on this forum?!)

So when we have our cars how can we tell what motor or battery size the car has? Is the only way via some sort of diagnostics tool or seeing what actual range we can get? Doubt I'll ever be able to time 0-60 accurately, maybe that's what Tesla is counting on...

So when we have our cars how can we tell what motor or battery size the car has? Is the only way via some sort of diagnostics tool or seeing what actual range we can get? Doubt I'll ever be able to time 0-60 accurately, maybe that's what Tesla is counting on...
It'll be supperrr hard to work this out unless you have a diagnostic tool to hand!

For me, if I have a heated wheel and heated rear seats, I'll take this as confirmation the battery is probably bigger too.

I'll never know about the motor, I guess.

Just got a text! "Vehicle arrival date is being calculated" - collecting at Thorpe Park so guessing this is the equivalent of "what's your address"?

Also got a quote from Peugeot insurance so thanks for the pointer on that one - way cheaper than the others...but won't bother re-quoting until I have a date and reg plate.

(How do I add an automatic signature to posts so I can be as helpful as others on this forum?!)
whats your details

Vin obtained date?

You will get a text asking you to click a link to book a date/time.

On a PC, click on your name at the top, and then select "Signature". You can then add whatever you want.

I’m going to pull the card after reading all of this…… my wife is a certified chartered Insurance broker and she chuckled as I showed her this.

If they offer a policy and sell a policy they are liable to provide that policy. There is zero ‘get out clause’

It is not Peugeot offering the policy, it is UK insurance limited who underwrite and take full responsibility.

So no, not a billion pound organisation at all.
Just a way for Peugeot to upsell insurance at point of sale to make a measly £20 admin fee.

Let’s not mention the Ombudsman and FCA either who wouldn’t even it let it get past the point of threatening court action.
Hallelujah - a common sense knowledge based response :)

Reactions: Cocomaxxi
Just to top this one off, I have worked in insurance for many years in early workdays and now still in finance many years later, I have worked with and against the FOS several times over the years and I have bought insurance for the new Tesla through Peugeot recently. Firstly it would be very easy to deal with the FOS, an adjudicator would pick it up and suggest the insurer pay without further delay. The insurer could then disagree with this, which is unlikely for larger companies, (usually small ones who arrogantly think they can win an argument against the FOS) and ask for an ombudsman to give the final ruling. The ruling from an Ombudsman is enforceable on any company (not on an individual) when the ombudsman makes a ruling, meaning there is zero legal comeback for the company. The case would likely be fast tracked due to the nature and resolved swiftly. You would be able to claim excesses and interest on top of any held back claim money, no insurer would put themselves in this position, it's an unreasonable thing to suggest to people.

Secondly, this is a ridiculous conversation, literally no idea what the agenda is of the person making these claims, but they are completely nonsensical and not based on any legal or financial experience. The moderators should ideally remove this conversation. It's not '50/50 luck of a sales adviser' these aren't 150k per year Lloyd’s underwriters specifically insuring you as an individual after hours of underwriting and actuarial work, it's a computer system white labelled with PSA/Peugeot and linked to the main insurers database with administrator level staff reading prompts and pressing buttons where required. Asking a 20k pa admin to explain the intricacies of the insurance contract and believing what ever flip of the coin their answer lands on is as silly as asking the shop assistant what chemicals make up the washing powder you are buying...

You should all feel free to take the policy if it is the best option for you, pay your premiums, don't lie at all on the quote/schedule and they will pay out in the event of a claim. I will not comment on this further and not feed the trolls, just didn't want this chap costing people money... Silly conversation!
👏👏👏👏👏

Yeah as far as I'm aware their ain't too many performance ones in Ireland?

Color of LR and SR+ were the reason a few people missed Sept but I think they been allocated for Dec already.

Think it's time for us to just reluctantly accept that Tesla have zero clue when, what or how cars will come to Ireland, we just get the leftovers!

Last week - "I can see the car is still on its way to us and shouldn't be too much longer"

This week - "Your order is not yet matched to a vehicle however we would be expecting (this doesn't sound very certain!) to match you to a vehicle for December collection. Please note, matching is subject to order placed date, and subject to vehicle specification availability"

Absolutely no point contacting them to get wildly different updates week to week - just going to wait for them now to call me looking for their $$$$!

We are realistically looking at Mar-2022 now as cars would need to be on a vessel already for deliveries in Ireland by 31/12 (assuming 45-50 days shipping + Christmas in the middle) - at least we would get 221 reg!