Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been told my trade in valuation has expired, I'm picking my car up on the 25th November. Was told by Tesla if I don't want to trade in with them then I need to let them know 2 weeks before pickup so they can draft a new contract and get the payment cleared once the contract is in my account.

Problem is, that now I've given them my updated odometer reading it's "recalculating" the valuation for my car, and I am now unsure if there's enough equity in the trade-in to cover the downpayment, but if I go to get a better deal elsewhere, and I tell Tesla I'm not trading in with them, there's likely not enough time for them to draft a new contract and get it in my Tesla account by Wednesday night so I can make the payment on time for delivery. Really really crap situation...

Thanks for letting me know! Wow Tesla have really made a Sh*t show of it here, the lack of communication is so frustrating! I called last week and was told that they have no idea when it will arrive but it would need to be here before the end of the year 😂
The lack of communication is only the start of the issues...... It's the inconsistency of the "updates" week to week, very optimistic estimate delivery dates (should have my car already as was told mid-Nov at ordering and don't even have a VIN yet), won't commit to delivery in December because they have no idea when your delivery will actually be, telling everyone different things, never contact us always us contacting them...... The list is endless 😂 All we can do is give out here and wait 😂

I spoke to Peugeot today and the CS rep assured me that in the event of a claim, the car can be repaired by any Tesla approved facility. Don't forget that their web page has a drop down list for vehicle selection and all manufacturers are listed, not just Peugeot. And regarding this quote: Only Peugeot Original Equipment Parts (excluding windscreens/glass) fitted by expert technicians to give you 100% confidence in the repair work I don't read that as a mandate and it is clearly not intended as such (its purpose is to reassure the prospective customer).

However, I will be reading the policy wording carefully before coughing up my £260. Yes you read that right. £260.
Agreed, this is asterisked and in effect the asterisk footnote basically translated to “where applicable”

Problem is, that now I've given them my updated odometer reading it's "recalculating" the valuation for my car, and I am now unsure if there's enough equity in the trade-in to cover the downpayment, but if I go to get a better deal elsewhere, and I tell Tesla I'm not trading in with them, there's likely not enough time for them to draft a new contract and get it in my Tesla account by Wednesday night so I can make the payment on time for delivery. Really really crap situation...
Even if the equity has dropped you will need a recalculation… no harm in getting 3rd party quotes just incase? I reckon it’s a bluff as most contracts etc are computer automated

Just been told my trade in valuation has expired, I'm picking my car up on the 25th November. Was told by Tesla if I don't want to trade in with them then I need to let them know 2 weeks before pickup so they can draft a new contract and get the payment cleared once the contract is in my account.

You’ve still got time. Tesla removed my trade in while I was on the phone . WBAC can do instant payment for a fee but I’ve read on here Cazoo and Motorway likely to offer more anyway

Reactions: 8enj
Yeah, try Cazoo. Got a great deal on my trade-in, way better than WBAC and I didn't bother with Motorway.

Instant payment too. And I did this after accepting Tesla's (lower) trade-in offer, because I was pretty sure it would expire before delivery. Of course, the extra £2100 I got was a bonus....

Reactions: 8enj

How long is the trade-in valuation usually valid for? We are trading-in as well.

Anyone know when I should pay off my balance for the car? I assume it just needs to be done before the car is picked up?
I did yesterday after Tesla reminder for my 26 Nov delivery.

Based on my experience it took me two days to transfer the money from HSBC. First day I did in night and slept soon after that. Seems it triggered fraud alarm, they tried to call I didn’t pick and they put hold on my account.
I called next day to unblock the account and then I was able to make payment.

Oooh never picked up on a set valid period! Where was that? Although I should be ok at its (just) less than 60 days .....
9D8F34C8-755F-4361-9EE0-389625FED7AD.jpeg

Reactions: LeSloth and JonP73

Any chance you remember when you accepted the trade in offer? How was the news bought to you? Email or call?