Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The account page for my car says that you need to email proof to them 48 hours before collection - So a week seems a little long to me.
Tesla CS said proof of payment is only needed when someone is running it to the wire. i.e. transfers that are yet to reach Tesla and there is an impending collection. The online instructions make it clear that payments must reach them 7 days prior to delivery, so clearly if someone has left it to the last 48 hrs they are cutting it close and even then it is not a problem as long as there is proof of payment, which makes sense. I don't think proof is needed when the payments have fully cleared and also appear on the Tesla My account page.

Hi all.

Just out of interest… has anyone managed to switch to octopus go or any other ev tariff for that matter in the last few weeks?

I’m stuck really… Octopus are just saying via email go to the website to fill out form. Website is saying to call them due to current energy prices. Try to call them and get fobbed off… Some people are sayin they aren’t taking new customers now but i’m struggling to accept that i’m going to have to charge my car without any kind of off peak rate!

Help me!!!

Thanks
Hi, ive had the same, with eon and also octopus they simply dont want new buissness and advise you to sit tight martin lewis thinks april it will sort its self out 🙈

Just to show how ridiculous the insurance companies are: 9+ years NCB protected, Fully Comp, cover against uninsured drivers:
The (best) quote that I have accepted with Peugeot is £353.92
The (worst) quote I declined was with Saga and was £3942.53 ... guess they aren't interested in insuring Tesla's 😂🤣😂
I would love to see such quotes.

could you share the link because it only lists Peugeots lol

what’s the deal with energy supplier referrals then? Can’t imagine anyone is switching at the moment?!
Yeah thats a good point to be fair. Best as I can tell, Octopus GO is still really good value and still avaialable, BUT during the transition period (especially if you have to get smart meters installed) you would be getting hammered with the super high rates that are currently available.

So yeah, best to wait as they suggest.

Did ye get the call?
Looking back at this now, there was more chance of winning the lotto than getting that call 😂

You'll notice from this thread that for Ireland there is zero communication until they schedule your deliver, it doesn't work like other countries for some reason.... so reached out them again once hadn't heard anything and then it was "hopefully December but cant guarantee"..... And then last week they gave more info saying "next ship arrives 8 December and they will contact ~3 weeks before that" but that is defo subject to a car matching your spec being on the ship of course.. Realistically looking at 3-6 months with deliveries only in months of Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec, so just really depends how lucky you are 🤞

Hi all.

Just out of interest… has anyone managed to switch to octopus go or any other ev tariff for that matter in the last few weeks?

I’m stuck really… Octopus are just saying via email go to the website to fill out form. Website is saying to call them due to current energy prices. Try to call them and get fobbed off… Some people are sayin they aren’t taking new customers now but i’m struggling to accept that i’m going to have to charge my car without any kind of off peak rate!

Help me!!!

Thanks
If you are in a fixed deal currently it is best to stay on it. I am already with Octopus fixed at 16p/kW don’t think moving to Octopus Go will make it any cheaper. If at all I will be changing to Agile, but right now wholesale rates are way too high any time of the day making the switch uneconomical. And for the same reason I believe energy suppliers are not able to offer better pricing and are advising consumers to stay where they are. If you are not already with Octopus, I would suggest to delay your switch as you would not be gaining much (if at all)

I spoke to Peugeot today and the CS rep assured me that in the event of a claim, the car can be repaired by any Tesla approved facility. Don't forget that their web page has a drop down list for vehicle selection and all manufacturers are listed, not just Peugeot. And regarding this quote: Only Peugeot Original Equipment Parts (excluding windscreens/glass) fitted by expert technicians to give you 100% confidence in the repair work I don't read that as a mandate and it is clearly not intended as such (its purpose is to reassure the prospective customer).

However, I will be reading the policy wording carefully before coughing up my £260. Yes you read that right. £260.

Looking back at this now, there was more chance of winning the lotto than getting that call 😂

You'll notice from this thread that for Ireland there is zero communication until they schedule your deliver, it doesn't work like other countries for some reason.... so reached out them again once hadn't heard anything and then it was "hopefully December but cant guarantee"..... And then last week they gave more info saying "next ship arrives 8 December and they will contact ~3 weeks before that" but that is defo subject to a car matching your spec being on the ship of course.. Realistically looking at 3-6 months with deliveries only in months of Mar/Jun/Sep/Dec, so just really depends how lucky you are 🤞
Thanks for letting me know! Wow Tesla have really made a Sh*t show of it here, the lack of communication is so frustrating! I called last week and was told that they have no idea when it will arrive but it would need to be here before the end of the year 😂

Reactions: John_IE

Latest I have is an email from a week ago telling I’d get an update last week with more clarify to see if I’d be matched with a car for December… fingers crossed for next week 😅

Reactions: John_IE