Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lady I spoke to confirmed everything was sorted and we just needed to bring our driving licences.

Contact Tesla and ask. Better safe than sorry.

Funny enough, I did end up emailing the proof of payment email address with a screenshot of what it says in my account, and got a reply back within 10 minutes from my sales manager guy apologising for the text, it was his fault and everything is good for the 2nd.

Also that he will call me on thursday to run through any final questions.

In some ways they have fallen short during this whole process, but then in other ways they have really excelled! Its weird.

Reactions: Terinante
As far as I have been led to believe, they should be fitted on the Long Range cars, although quite often this hasn't been the case and they have either been left in the boot for us to install, or missing entirely requiring a query.

thanks BillBrown! Fingers crossed Tesla have already installed them... if not, it will be a service centre booking, there’s no way I’ll be able to fit the protection wrap... I used to work at Apple and customers would ask me to install their screen protectors... makes me stressed just thinking about it! LOL!

thanks BillBrown! Fingers crossed Tesla have already installed them... if not, it will be a service centre booking, there’s no way I’ll be able to fit the protection wrap... I used to work at Apple and customers would ask me to install their screen protectors... makes me stressed just thinking about it! LOL!

It’s just mudflaps, there’s no wrap.

Hello fellow 2021 Model 3 MIC LFP SR+ customers awaiting delivery.

As I'm sure lots of you know, Mr. Miserable has been doing an amazing job in tracking deliveries for us. Now that the first batch of cars have landed in Southampton, (I'm expecting delivery in Dublin on 5th March) I have some excellent news.

If anyone had been seen reports of the MIC SR+ charging and range issues, there has been an update which seems to have fixed this. This German channel has a MIC SR+ with the latest update and it seems as though the new Model 3 has potentially better power management and charging speed. I for one, am very relieved and looking forward to the arrival of the car.

For non-german speaking people, you can use the CC button tp get English subtitles.

Thanks for sharing that. I think we all expected some over the air software improvements to charging sapped, but I’m sure those ordering SR+ with LFP batteries will be relieved to hear that news.

it’s great you can keep the LFP cars charged 100% all the time.

Yeah my bad - I didn't see you said wrap, I just saw the mudflaps bit.

Hey guys, randomly our white 2020 M3 had a thin plastic layer on the lower side skirtings (please see image attached from the Tesla shop) I think it’s part of the mud flap and splash guard kit... there were reports from owners last year about the paint wearing on the side skirts (in much harsher climates) so Tesla offered the protection pack for free, it was a nice surprise on collection day.

But as you say, the 2021 M3 might be different, but as we do so many miles I was hoping Tesla was still shipping M3’s with the kit, lol! Oh well, we will know next week! :)

Hey guys, randomly our white 2020 M3 had a thin plastic layer on the lower side skirtings (please see image attached from the Tesla shop) I think it’s part of the mud flap and splash guard kit... there were reports from owners last year about the paint wearing on the side skirts (in much harsher climates) so Tesla offered the protection pack for free, it was a nice surprise on collection day.

But as you say, the 2021 M3 might be different, but as we do so many miles I was hoping Tesla was still shipping M3’s with the kit, lol! Oh well, we will know next week! :)

Forgot to add the pic!

Attachments

• F497B6F3-7233-4667-B76C-60613C418423.jpeg
    F497B6F3-7233-4667-B76C-60613C418423.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 80
Hello fellow 2021 Model 3 MIC LFP SR+ customers awaiting delivery.

As I'm sure lots of you know, Mr. Miserable has been doing an amazing job in tracking deliveries for us. Now that the first batch of cars have landed in Southampton, (I'm expecting delivery in Dublin on 5th March) I have some excellent news.

If anyone had been seen reports of the MIC SR+ charging and range issues, there has been an update which seems to have fixed this. This German channel has a MIC SR+ with the latest update and it seems as though the new Model 3 has potentially better power management and charging speed. I for one, am very relieved and looking forward to the arrival of the car.

For non-german speaking people, you can use the CC button tp get English subtitles.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the video but looks like this was upgraded in 2021.4.10:

Tesla Model 3 with LFP Batteries Get a Big Boost in Charging Speed via OTA Update

Not so many reported installs of that yet, so if you're collecting your MIC SR+ soon, you may need to wait a few days for the update to land:

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

Are the mudflaps unique to the LR or are they provided with the SR+ as well?

That’s a good question, I would assume they offer it on all trim levels, I would double check with the team on collection day, if not I would buy them, they worked pretty well on the 2020 M3, the sides will always get dirty but atleast the mud flaps help to deflect small stones, etc

Reactions: Mm2021
I was just going off what I saw in this video and seems he only got the flaps, no film:

But yeah guess we’ll all find out over the next couple weeks.

thanks for sharing the video :) lots to look forward to and fingers crossed we all get the features we keep hearing about... especially the mystic heated steering wheel...

I must admit, part of me really likes that Tesla are quick to release hardware updates and tweaks, keeps the refinement moving forward, etc but on the other hand I would also like to know the actual specification when we order! Lol!

Either way, the M3 is an epic car to drive! :)

Reactions: Llama.
Thanks .. sadly direct line keep pushing me back to details to input a VRM - even after I tell them manually the car spec.

View attachment 639184

I managed to sort my insurance out with Directline. I am currently with Directline so I phoned to swap my policy to the new car on the 1st March and I explained the situation (current car being traded in so would need insurance to swap on the day) and they tried the number plate which obviously did not work so they just asked for the make, model, year and value of the car. The insurance documents have now all come through with the new number plate etc so I don’t need to ring them up again and tell them the plate.

I didn’t know how it would work with a trade in but they have assured me that as soon as I drive the new car the old one is no longer insured and the new one automatically becomes insured.

Directline made this process very quick and simple so I would recommend them plus they are the recommended insurer by Tesla - In your situation I’d recommend phoning them so they can enter the vehicle details manually.

Is anyone getting a delivery, not a collection? Mine is on the 6th March.

Not entirely sure what do to if there are issues, as it's not at a SC collection. I guess I just log them in the app as a service issue? The delivery firm certainly aren't going to be bothered, unless they damaged it! :)

Is anyone getting a delivery, not a collection? Mine is on the 6th March.

Not entirely sure what do to if there are issues, as it's not at a SC collection. I guess I just log them in the app as a service issue? The delivery firm certainly aren't going to be bothered, unless they damaged it! :)

Yeah getting delivered on Tuesday. In my case I'm asking for clarification from the leasing company because the finance documents say if the vehicle is unsatisfactory in any way I should reject it. That seems a bit extreme to me if its something that I can report and be fixed! Like you said I doubt the delivery guys will want to stick around while I inspect and I'll be forced to sign the document from tesla digitally before they go.

It's a lot of pressure really expecting me, not a car expert, to inspect and either accept or reject a car for a finance company.