Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha - that's about right! Hopefully, he's right. I remember the website showing 'August delivery' for new custom orders in July, and now as we know it shows November. So if that's anything to go by then you should be fine - but, who knows?!
It only changed on the website to est. November last Friday.

What spec did you go for?
Just went for the vanilla SR+, white, no-addons. I could get the LR but I'd have to make up the cost difference in cash via my PCP deposit. And that would mean me having 5 digits invested in the car from day one. I'm doing PCP via my bank as it was a better package than the Tesla provided one. So to Tesla I'm paying cash.

I have also called Tesla with regards white SR+ ordered 20th June. Been told no chance of delivery in August or September. And the LR added to inventory this morning that was in transit was done in error?
Will start asking someone in the pub for updates now, they will know as much.

Reactions: Erol
Just had a bit of a chat with Tesla too. I placed my order on 30th May and soon after had chased them to find out an estimated delivery and was told August/September.

Today I've spoken with them again and was told that it would be November now because they're not delivering any SR+ this quarter. I'll be switching my order to a LR because I need a car and they've said that will arrive mid to late August.

Screenshot 2021-07-07 105151.jpg

Reactions: sparkymark75
Just had a bit of a chat with Tesla too. I placed my order on 30th May and soon after had chased them to find out an estimated delivery and was told August/September.

Today I've spoken with them again and was told that it would be November now because they're not delivering any SR+ this quarter. I'll be switching my order to a LR because I need a car and they've said that will arrive mid to late August.

View attachment 682185
Yeah I've bit the bullet and requested an upgrade to the LR. Have to wait a day or two on them "actioning it". Don't want to wait until November for a car.

When I ran the numbers, it wasn't really much more expensive per month when I topped up my deposit due to the final payment being higher because it's a higher spec'd model.

If this is true, is it not shocking that they're pushing back orders that were presumably made based (I know mine was) on the on-screen statement of an August delivery by at least 3 months, and what guarantee do we have that they won't just make the same decision next quarter.

And no comm's out to customers to make them aware. As it was, with my lease ending in August I was looking at an informal extension - but to now be faced with an indeterminate length of time to wait for a SR+; I'm in two minds to just walk away.

Last edited:
Just had an email from them confirming my 'enterprise' order - pretty much says the same as the text confirmation I got last week.
Maybe my lease firm have now told them I want car asap and not mid September!

The race is on, will my electric be unlooped and charge point installed before or after I get the car!?

Just had an email from them confirming my 'enterprise' order - pretty much says the same as the text confirmation I got last week.
Maybe my lease firm have now told them I want car asap and not mid September!

The race is on, will my electric be unlooped and charge point installed before or after I get the car!?

I had the same email a week after my confirmation text (4th June) - and radio silence since.

View attachment 682185

Ha, wow. This whole process is just so frustrating. Why are the advisors not singing from the same hymn sheet and providing such contractionary information?!

For what it's worth, I was told today that they will be receiving SR+'s in August but the one vessel doesn't have enough cars to fulfil the current backorders. He claims they'll be allocated in 'date order' but I doubt this somehow...

Ha, wow. This whole process is just so frustrating. Why are the advisors not singing from the same hymn sheet and providing such contractionary information?!

For what it's worth, I was told today that they will be receiving SR+'s in August but the one vessel doesn't have enough cars to fulfil the current backorders. He claims they'll be allocated in 'date order' but I doubt this somehow...
I've just got off chat myself - didn't get as much specific detail, but was in essence told the same that they are expecting some SR+'s, but have to wait a number of weeks until the ship has departed and they know what's on it, and they start assigning.

Seems mad that we have to cross our fingers and hope that we might be lucky.

Reactions: Matt1108