Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just got off chat myself - didn't get as much specific detail, but was in essence told the same that they are expecting some SR+'s, but have to wait a number of weeks until the ship has departed and they know what's on it, and they start assigning.

Seems mad that we have to cross our fingers and hope that we might be lucky.
I got similar (but slightly different) information about my own SR+ order today. I was told that there are production problems with the SR+, so only the August boat will contain SR+. I was told that they have SR+ VINs and will allocate in the next couple of weeks. I was asked what my order date was, and was told that there was a good chance of August delivery, but no guarantees. Hopefully this info is correct and we will know in the next two weeks.

Reactions: MrT3
I've also upgraded due to no SR+ this quarter to LR. The new order is showing in my account but not a single bit of information in there around delivery or due dates. Is there anyone with an order for LR with any info in the account with estimated dates?
You won't see or hear anything until you receive a text informing you of the VIN once the vehicle has been put on the boat and is assigned to you.

Reactions: SASpz
New here so be gentle ;)

Just placed an order for the vanilla LR model that showed up on inventory, after e-mailing the advisor about delivery times i was quoted any time from early September for the new registrations. Nothing showing in in my account page though as to delivery timescales...

Reactions: MrT3
New here so be gentle ;)

Just placed an order for the vanilla LR model that showed up on inventory, after e-mailing the advisor about delivery times i was quoted any time from early September for the new registrations. Nothing showing in in my account page though as to delivery timescales...
Sounds correct. Their website updated today stating LR deliveries for new orders will be September rather than August that it was showing previously. You won't hear anything further until you get matched to a vehicle when it is loaded onto a boat, so probably in three weeks time which will then take 4 weeks to get to the UK and another week or two to be delivered.

New here so be gentle ;)

welcome to the waiting club where you hear absolutely nothing! 😂 Frustrating as hell and we still have a couple of months of this!

Haha - don't get me wrong, I've used stronger expressions 'off forum' 😁

How are you getting on with yours? Worth the wait/frustration?
The car is excellent but not without its faults, you learn to manage it, live with it, or get rid of it, the company has little encouraging I am prepared to say about it, I will never live with their treatment of the people who pay them not inconsiderable sums of money and receive what IMHO is sh1te treatment in return without complaining publicly about their appalling behaviour towards their customers.
Be Aware if the Tesla Way, it is far from satisfactory on so many levels, it might be “within spec” for them, but many would and do, disagree😡

Reactions: Matt1108
Well that’s the charger installed. Just need the car now….
02442FEC-3A86-4311-A77B-FCBE114AEAE7.jpeg

Ok, I've test driven an M3P and it's pretty much what I expected after reading this forum - fantastic acceleration but not as refined as it should be and way too loud at motorway speeds. Oh, and the windscreen wipers started going crazy on a dry screen with the sun out!

But I haven't yet sussed out the complexities of the rather strange ordering and delivery process. I need my car on 19th September. The lease on my current car runs out on that date (I'd be buying the M3 outright). I can't be without a car so delivery after that date won't work. I can't take delivery before because we only have room to park our two cars off road - the road outside has double yellows with very assiduous parking wardens who are on the prowl all day. For my last several cars I've been able to take delivery at a time and date convenient to me. However, looking at the threads it seems that you have to take delivery of an M3 when it's suits Tesla, not the customer.

Is this the case? Can I in fact put in an order and specify a specific date or am I completely at the mercy of Tesla and its foibles?

Ok, I've test driven an M3P and it's pretty much what I expected after reading this forum - fantastic acceleration but not as refined as it should be and way too loud at motorway speeds. Oh, and the windscreen wipers started going crazy on a dry screen with the sun out!

But I haven't yet sussed out the complexities of the rather strange ordering and delivery process. I need my car on 19th September. The lease on my current car runs out on that date (I'd be buying the M3 outright). I can't be without a car so delivery after that date won't work. I can't take delivery before because we only have room to park our two cars off road - the road outside has double yellows with very assiduous parking wardens who are on the prowl all day. For my last several cars I've been able to take delivery at a time and date convenient to me. However, looking at the threads it seems that you have to take delivery of an M3 when it's suits Tesla, not the customer.

Is this the case? Can I in fact put in an order and specify a specific date or am I completely at the mercy of Tesla and its foibles?
The latter I’m afraid, it’s called the Tesla Way and it’s about as unfriendly, unyielding and unsatisfactory as it could be.

Was just filling in my finance details on the order I put in on an inventory car yesterday, looking at the booking invoice it does appear to show a VIN for my car on it but it’s not mentioned anywhere else on my account pages with just an RN number showing. Also just a generic message saying we’ll be in contact about delivery date.

I've just ordered a M3 SR on my company's salary sacrifice scheme and been told by them November delivery, which I'm fine with. Having visited my local Tesla showroom at the weekend for a test drive, the sales rep told me that if I pay them £100 they could have the car delivered in 6 weeks? Reading some of the posts in this forum about waiting times makes me a little suspicious of this claim, has anyone heard anything similar?

Was just filling in my finance details on the order I put in on an inventory car yesterday, looking at the booking invoice it does appear to show a VIN for my car on it but it’s not mentioned anywhere else on my account pages with just an RN number showing. Also just a generic message saying we’ll be in contact about delivery date.
The VIN doesn't update on the account front page until you take ownership of the car. You just get the RN number. The VIN is only viewable in the invoices.

At least that's how it worked with mine.

Reactions: C225
Having visited my local Tesla showroom at the weekend for a test drive, the sales rep told me that if I pay them £100 they could have the car delivered in 6 weeks? Reading some of the posts in this forum about waiting times makes me a little suspicious of this claim, has anyone heard anything similar?
It was only a few days ago that the lead time on the SR jumped from August to November so the person may not have been aware of the change. There aren't any in the country and the limited number of SRs coming from China this quarter they already have orders for so it's unlikely you would get one sooner.