Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what's going on with my delivery date.

Ordered: 31st July
Allocation SMS: 13th August
Found VIN that date: 321***
Chose to collect from Bham NEC Hall 16

Rang my SA today for the first time and still no delivery date and saying the car will arrive in the UK the last week in September.
That doesn't fit in with any of the other reports on here.
I thought my car would be on Grand Ruby worst case but seems like it might even be on Triton Ace as the dates seem so far away into September.

Not impressed so far with Tesla's customer service.
The SA may not actually know. The safest option for them is to simply say "end of Sept" because they don't want to risk not managing your expectations well enough. If they said you'll be on the 1st ship due to arrive in 1st week of Sept and it ended up being on a later arrival, you'd be way more annoyed than you are at the moment.

It could also simply be that your configuration is batched with other vehicles of a similar or same configuration on a later arriving ship. It honestly could be anything at all.

You have a VIN which is great. You'll get the car in Sept. Expect it in the last week of Sept however if it turns up early, expect a last min dash to collect.

Finally just received my allocation text!

Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order. Your vehicle arrival date is being calculated. We will be in contact soon to make delivery arrangements. Not ready for your Model 3 or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is RNxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

any idea how long between allocation and delivery date??
Mine was the next working day (Friday LW and Monday this week)

Ha. Really starting to feel left out by Tesla at the moment, as has become an increasing trend since ordering. I've not reached out much at all, once every few weeks since ordering and even then its like herding soup. Nothing seems to get answered. SA has been okay, but requires a few email minimum before I get a response, but he's now punted me to the delivery team and said he can't help anymore.

Had to hound them for an allocation and that was over 2 weeks ago, not heard a peep about delivery and watching many, many orders after mine getting fulfilled and delivery slot allocations. Really not a good look on how they prioritise orders, which we all know is random at this point... no VIN other than what I could eeeek out of the online chat, which I'm starting to wonder if its even real.

Ooooohhhhhhh come on delivery text! Where are all the other Brent Cross peeps at!

Reactions: londonev and Zill
Ha. Really starting to feel left out by Tesla at the moment, as has become an increasing trend since ordering. I've not reached out much at all, once every few weeks since ordering and even then its like herding soup. Nothing seems to get answered. SA has been okay, but requires a few email minimum before I get a response, but he's now punted me to the delivery team and said he can't help anymore.

Had to hound them for an allocation and that was over 2 weeks ago, not heard a peep about delivery and watching many, many orders after mine getting fulfilled and delivery slot allocations. Really not a good look on how they prioritise orders, which we all know is random at this point... no VIN other than what I could eeeek out of the online chat, which I'm starting to wonder if its even real.

Ooooohhhhhhh come on delivery text! Where are all the other Brent Cross peeps at!
I am in same boat as you have been told to wait a couple of days. was told car has been shipped which is why I find it strange some folks have been told their car hasnt been shipped but they are able to arrange collection already.

Reactions: moodel_tree
The SA may not actually know. The safest option for them is to simply say "end of Sept" because they don't want to risk not managing your expectations well enough. If they said you'll be on the 1st ship due to arrive in 1st week of Sept and it ended up being on a later arrival, you'd be way more annoyed than you are at the moment.

It could also simply be that your configuration is batched with other vehicles of a similar or same configuration on a later arriving ship. It honestly could be anything at all.

You have a VIN which is great. You'll get the car in Sept. Expect it in the last week of Sept however if it turns up early, expect a last min dash to collect.
You're right. Thanks for reply.
I'm just being impatient and feeling left out seeing other much later orders for very similar if not identical spec cars being given delivery dates.

You're right. Thanks for reply.
I'm just being impatient and feeling left out seeing other much later orders for very similar if not identical spec cars being given delivery dates.
Im in the same boat (no pun intended) as you, seeing lots of orders after mine being allocated delivery dates whilst I am still waiting. hopefully it arrives soon.

Hi everyone! Placed order on the 23rd of August (it'll be a company car), the lease company were quoting November delivery for a M3 LR in red, with black interior. This is the same lead time as the Tesla website currently quotes. Just interested whether this is likely to be reasonably accurate, or if based on the experience of people in this forum I should really expect December instead.

Hi everyone! Placed order on the 23rd of August (it'll be a company car), the lease company were quoting November delivery for a M3 LR in red, with black interior. This is the same lead time as the Tesla website currently quotes. Just interested whether this is likely to be reasonably accurate, or if based on the experience of people in this forum I should really expect December instead.
Roll a dice! You’d think ordering now, you would be one of the first to get a car next quarter. I ordered at the end of Q2 and I’m “only” getting my car at the end of Q3. Others got their car mid August.

Hi there.

The Q3 estimates jumped around a bit in July. At one point the SR+ jumped to November and then back to August. As @sparkymark75 said, roll a dice!

Fingers crossed you’ll be ok for November.

Based on your order date you're almost certainly going to get a car produced for Q4. Assuming the same pattern of production/shipping/deliveries as for the current and previous quarters the first ships arriving for Q4 deliveries would likely land in the UK mid-November for first deliveries end of November. After that more ships will arrive with deliveries right up to the end of December.

Your order is in pretty early for a Q4 car so I'd say you have a high chance of getting it mid-late November.

Reactions: NJR46

I’m Brent Cross also; the pain of the wait is real. PTSD (pre-delivery Tesla stress disorder)

• Funny
I received the following today from the delivery team. It just shows that it all depends who you speak to as earlier today I was told delivery Manchester on Monday 29th September. Then I got this from a different person.

I wouldn't believe everything you read on the forums as that shipping information is incorrect!

I can advise that there is a vehicle allocated to your order and the VIN you specified below is correct, we are unable to give out the ship name however can advise that your car will arrive in the UK towards the end of September.

Once logistics is finalized, you will receive a SMS inviting you to select a delivery date so keep an eye out for that!

some people say that their SA gave then the ship name. Given all the variations in VIN Numbers, order dates and delivery dates I conclude that the whole process is a lottery. At lease one person ordered the same car as me, after I ordered mine and is taking delivery any day now.

some you win and some you lose. Anyway 29th September is only another month away. Sadly I have sold my car now and got £1500 more than Tesla were offering. Just a month sharing my wife’s EV.