Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even the tesla custom order page is showing white SR+ (any exterior colour) with no added extras available for delivery in Sept. The LR and Performance models are definitely more niche as they're showing as Nov delivery.
I don't believe the website has specific specification delivery estimates - all colour/wheel/interior/autopilot combinations on the SR+ show September as an estimate but I highly doubt that is the case if you choose the most obscure combination.

They have either over produced SR+ vehicles for this quarter or they just aren't as constrained as the LR and P models. Certainly the batteries in the SR+ aren't a constraint, people in the US are now being offered the lower mileage range SR+ that we get in the UK to avoid delivery delays, so the batteries (or even the vehicles) are coming from China and not the US.

The LR and Performance models are definitely more niche as they're showing as Nov delivery.
The LR isn't more niche, it is more popular and has sold out for this quarter whereas the SR+ hasn't.

Howmanyleft.co.uk only has data up to end Q1 2021 at the moment, so that actual figures are higher, but this show the LR is the most popular model in the UK.

1630062765295.png

I'm noticing that anyone ordering a white SR+ gets allocated quite quickly followed by black or blue SR+. Even the tesla custom order page is showing white SR+ (any exterior colour) with no added extras available for delivery in Sept. The LR and Performance models are definitely more niche as they're showing as Nov delivery.

I have a Black LR with Black interior, 18" standard aero wheels on order but haven't been allocated anything yet. We might just have to sit tight and wait. I've been advised (more than once by Tesla) to sit tight until next week. I should get an allocation update mid-week next week. I'm expecting something by the end of the week.
Thank you its nice to know that someone with a similar spec hasn't heard anything yet. I think Ill try calling Tesla later to see if they have any updates 😊

They LR were definitely showing up in the inventory last week in multiple colours - I ordered one last week and have delivery for end of September. The week before there had been none, so hopefully more will appear soon.
I did see some in inventory last week but waited until my test drive before I ordered. I'm kicking myself now! I ordered on Sat 21st, the site showed delivery estimates as September when I ordered, as well as in the order booking confirmation I received. When I checked the inventory and custom order on Monday, all dates shifted to Nov for new cars and inventory was showing as nothing available.

I hope you get an allocation text very soon and for September delivery.
Just spoke to Tesla and they said the allocation process is automated (apparently). I have a 25%-30% chance of being matched. It would depend entirely on whether someone cancels an order or can't accept delivery (for whatever reason) for a configuration that matches mine. That's not what I wanted to hear but it's simply down to the way Tesla do things. If they can't allocate something to me for a Sept delivery then I'll be bumped into the queue for a Nov delivery.

I did see some in inventory last week but waited until my test drive before I ordered. I'm kicking myself now! I ordered on Sat 21st, the site showed delivery estimates as September when I ordered, as well as in the order booking confirmation I received. When I checked the inventory and custom order on Monday, all dates shifted to Nov for new cars and inventory was showing as nothing available.

Just spoke to Tesla and they said the allocation process is automated (apparently). I have a 25%-30% chance of being matched. It would depend entirely on whether someone cancels an order or can't accept delivery (for whatever reason) for a configuration that matches mine. That's not what I wanted to hear but it's simply down to the way Tesla do things. If they can't allocate something to me for a Sept delivery then I'll be bumped into the queue for a Nov delivery.
Oh no hope you manage to get your September delivery! Thanks for the update

Just spoke with Tesla no allocation as of yet but they anticipate 3rd or 4th week of September for delivery. Asked if it would be likely to be Nov instead and was told that they switched to Nov deliveries for cars ordered this week so should be Sept delivery 🤞🏻

Reactions: StevieG77
Just spoke with Tesla no allocation as of yet but they anticipate 3rd or 4th week of September for delivery. Asked if it would be likely to be Nov instead and was told that they switched to Nov deliveries for cars ordered this week so should be Sept delivery 🤞🏻
Fingers crossed for sure! Speaking to the right people at Tesla is just as pot luck as getting an allocation lol

Just so that every one can use my expeirience as a timeline for their own order, I ordered a Blue LRM3 with 19" wheels and white interior, on 28th June. RN provided straight away. Then radio silence for months, until Tuesday 24th when a delivery date of 25th September was able to be chosen. Still no VIN Number/Reg yet though...
I was in the same boat. Ordered at the beginning of July MSM M3LR and heard nothing until Monday this week. Pretty much as expected – just what happens if you order after cut off for a quarter's shipments.

Hi guys, first post here!

Just put my order in to my lease company for a model 3 LR - Bit gutted that estimated deliveries were September but now November a few days later! My existing lease ends mid October so might be without a car for a month, fingers crossed it comes a bit earlier!