Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a great way of looking at it. How much did you put down as a deposit if you don’t mind me asking?
PCH is cheaper than PCP because they use a very low residual value for the PCP. I think it’s a strategy to push people into PCH so that Tesla can retain the cars for their future Robo taxi fleet.

I think anyone taking the hit of the PCP will have a healthy equity by the end.

Tesla loan is 3.99%, so pretty competitive, could maybe get 2.99% elsewhere, but really not worth the extra hassle imo.

Not keen on lease due to 4 year term, and 3 year term is much more per month, Tesla PCP is way more than PCH for some reason, so it was also ruled out.

This 5 year loan is £150pm than my current X3 PCP, but should mean I have around £6k equity after around 3 years, and gives me flexibility to change at any time, if say I fancy a Model Y instead.
I'm glad someone had the exact thought trail as I did. Change mine from PCH to Tesla Loan after ordering ;) Makes a lot more sense

I think I may be, I got my RN on 23rd June, also leased through Lex, same spec car as yours. I got my VIN & reg no. last Monday & a confirmed delivery date of the 9th September - all via text message. Lease company also confirmed this to me via email, so it is likely that your car should be ready around the same time? Depending where you are located, of course.
Exactly the same here.
Lease for lex, RN 23rd June. Taking delivery 11th sept.

That’s a great way of looking at it. How much did you put down as a deposit if you don’t mind me asking?
£4k, although it doesn’t really matter how much you put down on HP, as you get it back at the other end when you sell or pay off the car.
Also, just much easier than lease due to getting RN straight away, easier to put private number plate on, and for any parking or speeding fines, plus can buy upgrades for the car, and they’ll actually add value to the car for when I keep or sell it etc.

• Love
Reactions: mosraza
@Telusastory

jealous of you both - who did you use as the broker? I used Leasehub who use Lex as the lender but no sign of an early del like you guys
My company uses Skyfleet as a broker & have used them for many years. They have been very good with comms generally & really helpful. Mostly they have just been getting confirmation from Tesla on the updates I have been getting direct via text, but they have been chasing Tesla for information regularly it would seem.
But, I'm not taking anything for granted until I can actually see the car on my driveway!

Wow that’s quick. I got my RN 10 days before you and no date for delivery (or collection which I would rather do) yet.
As your order confirmation was in June, you should be OK for September delivery. There seem to be others on here who ordered after you & are getting delivery dates for mid to late Septmebr. It seems that leased cars don't get the same level of infomaton available directly to the driver, as all the stuff you normally get in your Tesla Account is not shown until you take delivery. It also seems that all leased cars are delivered where possible.
Good luck, hope you get some positive info soon!

My lease company put the order in late yesterday on a M3LR so I’m not expecting this until November
What is everyone’s experience with hearing from Tesla and them setting you up with an online account so I can see the order? I know it’s not a massive thing as I’m 2.5-3 months away yet but I’m impatient 😂
In my experience so far, the lease company gave Tesla my contact details & Tesla have been sending me messages directly regarding RN, VIN, Reg No. & delivery date, etc. Check with your lease company if they used a referral code to order your car - if they can use one, you (and the referral code owner) will get 1,000 free Supercharger miles in your Tesla Account when you get the car.
I had an order confirmaton text with the RN on 23rd June which also advised that a Tesla Account had been set up. You won't see any details for your allocated car in your account until after you have signed for the car on delivery/collection. I received nothing from Tesla for several weeks until the middle of August with a text confirming a match, with a delivery date & asking me to confirm my preferred delivery address. Last Monday, I received a text with confirmation of VIN, Reg No. & delivery date (9th Sept). I don't think you get this info until you confirm your delivery address or accept a collection date/location.
It's worth noting that if you don't reply to the text asking for delivery address, Tesla will keep sending reminders & will eventually advise that if you don't confirm in good time, they will cancel your delivery date & allocate you to another car for a later delivery/collection. Also, it seems that all leased cars are delivered where possible.
Hope this helps & that you get something positive soon!

In my experience so far, the lease company gave Tesla my contact details & Tesla have been sending me messages directly regarding RN, VIN, Reg No. & delivery date, etc. Check with your lease company if they used a referral code to order your car - if they can use one, you (and the referral code owner) will get 1,000 free Supercharger miles in your Tesla Account when you get the car.
I had an order confirmaton text with the RN on 23rd June which also advised that a Tesla Account had been set up. You won't see any details for your allocated car in your account until after you have signed for the car on delivery/collection. I received nothing from Tesla for several weeks until the middle of August with a text confirming a match, with a delivery date & asking me to confirm my preferred delivery address. Last Monday, I received a text with confirmation of VIN, Reg No. & delivery date (9th Sept). I don't think you get this info until you confirm your delivery address or accept a collection date/location.
It's worth noting that if you don't reply to the text asking for delivery address, Tesla will keep sending reminders & will eventually advise that if you don't confirm in good time, they will cancel your delivery date & allocate you to another car for a later delivery/collection. Also, it seems that all leased cars are delivered where possible.
Hope this helps & that you get something positive soon!

Really useful info! Thanks a lot! Hopefully with get a text with my RN next week then I know things are moving and then try and be patient until November!

I'm glad someone had the exact thought trail as I did. Change mine from PCH to Tesla Loan after ordering ;) Makes a lot more sense
Yes I certainly hope so, unless some freak chain of circumstances means that the bottom falls out of used Tesla prices, but I think that’s very unlikely. I’m hoping to build up more and more equity in each successive car I buy from now on, and maybe eventually need little or no loan at all for my car!

Reactions: Zill and mosraza