Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Damn I was hoping I could move up my Brent Cross order, but the Reg will be handy sooner rather than later for sure. Need to get that insurance sorted whilst its on the cheaper side 😄

I mean as long as you get the quote 20 days before collecting you're fine I would think. Quotes are valid for 30 days from most providers AFAIK.
I tried calling Admiral to go through with a quote that I got and asked if they can do it with the VIN number but no dice lol. Was just advised that I can just call back and go through with the quote when I get the reg number.

If you really want to, you can potentially ask them if you can pick up the car directly from Southampton if you're willing to make the journey and get the car sooner. I was originally given a date of 22nd of September but was given the option to pick it up from Southampton a day earlier which was perfect for me.

Reactions: moodel_tree
The linked thread describes the new LG batteries for the MIC factory, which is where the UK and European mainland get the cars.

The US gets Panasonic batteries which don't have any newly announced packs AFAIK.
Certainly no guarantee that UK Q4 cars will have the larger capacity battery - they will be for mainland European vehicles so the range goes back up to the figure they we use to with their US supplied vehicles.

You would think that eventually the battery packs would be standardised for all MiC vehicles but the UK is likely to get the lower capacity ones until the supply runs out, so I don't think that will be until Q1 2022 at the earliest.

Certainly no guarantee that UK Q4 cars will have the larger capacity battery - they will be for mainland European vehicles so the range goes back up to the figure they we use to with their US supplied vehicles.

You would think that eventually the battery packs would be standardised for all MiC vehicles but the UK is likely to get the lower capacity ones until the supply runs out, so I don't think that will be until Q1 2022 at the earliest.
Also depends on what you are buying, M3P has panasonic battery from what I know and thats not changing anytime soon.

Not quite as close, but excited to see things moving via my Lease company after placing my order last Friday. Email from Tesla last night asking me to set up my online account, and this morning a text message with my RN Number. November can't come soon enough. Does anyone that's leased have experience of when referrals should show? I passed on a referral code to my lease company who told me they'd 'submitted the order along with the referral code' but my account doesn't show anything. Wondering if this will activate once the order has progressed/confirmed/delivered?
Mine showed up in loot box when I got to supercharger after collection on the way home.

Next ships and VIN tracking pages:

GLOVIS COMPANION

Operated by Stena Glovis
Fleet | VIN Tracking (not available)

LAKE GENEVA
Operated by EUKOR
Fleet (not vessels list) | VIN Tracking

SFL CONDUCTOR
Operated by SFL Corp
Fleet | VIN Tracking (not available)

ELEKTRA
Operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen
Fleet | VIN Tracking

GRAND RUBY
Operated by Nippon Yūsen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK RoRo)
Fleet (not available) | VIN Tracking (not available)

TRITON ACE
Operated by Triton Shipping BV
Fleet (not available) | VIN Tracking (not available)

Others
United European Car Carriers (UECC) | Fleet | VIN Tracking
Höegh | Fleet | VIN Tracking
MOL Auto Carrier Express | Fleet | VIN Tracking | Obs: on its website shows vessels from another carriers. To be investigated.
How does a simple minded person use these links?!

How does a simple minded person use these links?!
Just put your car VIN on the VIN Tracking page.

If you don't know your VIN yet, just open you app and go to Notifications. Should be there.
Otherwise:
  1. Login to your account on Tesla.com (top right corner of the homepage).
  2. Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page.
  3. Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.
  4. From there, scroll to “view page source” and click it.
    Note: You can also right click the page and pull up the same menu, especially on Google Chrome.
    If you’re using Safari and are not seeing “show page source” as an option there’s an easy solution – Go up top to “Safari,” followed by “preferences,” then click “advanced.”
    At the bottom of the window ensure “show Develop menu in menu bar” is checked. Truthfully, it’s a lot simpler to use the “COMMAND + Option + U” approach, but to each their own.
  5. Now, it may take a moment, but you should see the page of source code pop up. From there press “COMMAND + F” (CTRL + F for PC) to bring up the “find” search bar.
  6. Type “LRW” (Tesla’s WMI shown above) and search.
    If you have a VIN assigned, it should then be highlighted and start with those three characters.

I mean as long as you get the quote 20 days before collecting you're fine I would think. Quotes are valid for 30 days from most providers AFAIK.
I tried calling Admiral to go through with a quote that I got and asked if they can do it with the VIN number but no dice lol. Was just advised that I can just call back and go through with the quote when I get the reg number.

If you really want to, you can potentially ask them if you can pick up the car directly from Southampton if you're willing to make the journey and get the car sooner. I was originally given a date of 22nd of September but was given the option to pick it up from Southampton a day earlier which was perfect for me.

My only thought on this is if I amend the quote to add the REG in it will 'refresh' the quote value, no? Or do I have to ring them? Or am I getting this totally wrong 😅

Just taken delivery of the SR+. Got the delivery at home at 4.30. Got the tracking text after delivery. I was worried as I heard nothing so I called Tesla at 2 to see where they were at. My car was the last to be delivered today. I couldn't find any issues but will give it a thorough check later and it did come with floor mats which will do for now. Overall, very happy.

“To ensure we observe necessary safety measures we kindly ask you to come unaccompanied for collection.”
I was taking another person with me to assist with checking the car over, surely this would be allowed? I understand while I am sorting out the signing and collection of keycards, they would like me to be alone, but not while we check for any problems?

Reactions: mosraza
My only thought on this is if I amend the quote to add the REG in it will 'refresh' the quote value, no? Or do I have to ring them? Or am I getting this totally wrong 😅
LV gave me a price over the phone and told me to ring and activate it as soon as I had the registration number. All confirmed by email. £326 for a M3 LR with full business use was a nice surprise.

Just taken delivery of the SR+. Got the delivery at home at 4.30. Got the tracking text after delivery. I was worried as I heard nothing so I called Tesla at 2 to see where they were at. My car was the last to be delivered today. I couldn't find any issues but will give it a thorough check later and it did come with floor mats which will do for now. Overall, very happy.
Congrats! Any mud flaps? If so… Fitted? Front / rear etc?

Just put your car VIN on the VIN Tracking page.

If you don't know your VIN yet, just open you app and go to Notifications. Should be there.
Otherwise:
  1. Login to your account on Tesla.com (top right corner of the homepage).
  2. Once you’re logged in, click on your new Tesla to access its vehicle page.
  3. Once in the vehicle page, you can press “CTRL + U” on PC or “COMMAND + Option + U” on Mac to bring up the page develop menu.
  4. From there, scroll to “view page source” and click it.
    Note: You can also right click the page and pull up the same menu, especially on Google Chrome.
    If you’re using Safari and are not seeing “show page source” as an option there’s an easy solution – Go up top to “Safari,” followed by “preferences,” then click “advanced.”
    At the bottom of the window ensure “show Develop menu in menu bar” is checked. Truthfully, it’s a lot simpler to use the “COMMAND + Option + U” approach, but to each their own.
  5. Now, it may take a moment, but you should see the page of source code pop up. From there press “COMMAND + F” (CTRL + F for PC) to bring up the “find” search bar.
  6. Type “LRW” (Tesla’s WMI shown above) and search.
    If you have a VIN assigned, it should then be highlighted and start with those three characters.
Thanks. A lot of the pages don’t have a simple ‘put your VIN here’ box though.

I wouldn't think so. The reg is mostly just used to get the right make and model of vehicle you want to insure. It would be pretty daft for them to change the quote if you gave them your reg number.

Does anyone know how long it takes to distribute cars from Southampton to locations such as Manchester. I collect my car on the 27th the earliest date was the 25th, which I couldn’t accept. Obviously they do some prep in Manchester before releasing the car so I am wondering which ship my car would be on to allow for its transfer from Southampton.
a second question is the car polished or is it delivered without any wax? I am thinking of applying ceramic coating.

Does anyone know how long it takes to distribute cars from Southampton to locations such as Manchester. I collect my car on the 27th the earliest date was the 25th, which I couldn’t accept. Obviously they do some prep in Manchester before releasing the car so I am wondering which ship my car would be on to allow for its transfer from Southampton.
a second question is the car polished or is it delivered without any wax? I am thinking of applying ceramic coating.
Hi, for what it’s worth

firstly - 11 days on average from port to customer.

ceramic coating / waxing = my go to is autoglym aqua wax first before anything.
Gives the paint a nice smooth feel, fills in any paint discrepancies nicely too.

I’m thinking about getting my car wrapped satin black..