Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1800-1900 here in london, similar stats although used to live up north. DL was the cheapest for me, every where else was 3-4,000+ its nonsense. I hate it because before coming down here I used to pay 400 for my Golf R, then it jumped to 1700 for the remaining 7 months of the cover when I moved.

Lol and I thought mine was expensive. I've been getting quotes of around £1350 from Admiral who has consistently been the cheapest provider for me; even for my other vehicle. Probably going to go down the multivehicle policy route and get a bit more money off that quote.

Tesla have just text me saying my £4K deposit is now due, I only ordered the car on Saturday with an indicated delivery of November, is this normal?

And is there any reason for me to pay the deposit this early?
I'm going down Tesla Loan route. Like many others on this thread, we got allocation text first, then a delivery date text the following day.

I was never asked to pay so soon, just that ensure payment was made 48 hours before delivery date with proof sent off.

Had an interesting phone call with Tesla (spoke with Oliver) to book my M3LR collection as my leasing company confirmed they had authorised me. My VIN is 322*** and I was due to collect from Bluewater on 29th Sept, I asked if I could collect from Southampton earlier and he said that he will call back after he has discussed options with the logistics team. When he got back to me he said "Your vehicle is on the LAST VESSLE, so the earliest you can collect is 27th Sept". I fancied a day trip so I agreed to collect at 10:30am.

I did ask if he knew the name of the ship but he didn't know. But curious! Last vessle, Triton Ace I assume.

Counting down the sleeps now!

Had an interesting phone call with Tesla (spoke with Oliver) to book my M3LR collection as my leasing company confirmed they had authorised me. My VIN is 322*** and I was due to collect from Bluewater on 29th Sept, I asked if I could collect from Southampton earlier and he said that he will call back after he has discussed options with the logistics team. When he got back to me he said "Your vehicle is on the LAST VESSLE, so the earliest you can collect is 27th Sept". I fancied a day trip so I agreed to collect at 10:30am.

I did ask if he knew the name of the ship but he didn't know. But curious! Last vessle, Triton Ace I assume.

Cheers, this gives me more confidence that my car is most definitely on GRAND RUBY.

Reactions: ollieedge

That's interesting, so they would have had the car prepped and delivered to Bluewater from Southampton in 2 days?

I'm collecting from Brent Cross on 18th and trying to figure out what ship it's on. But was told in another thread it's likely already here because there's no way it would arrive on Elektra on the 15th and get to me by 18th

Just had a phone call from a very nice man from a company called GoZero. Has anyone else heard of or used them? They have some great reviews on Trustpilot, but I had not heard of them before.
They called out of the blue offering a free collection service to pick me up & take me to my designated delivery hub (Brent Cross) to get my new Tesla. This company only uses Tesla cars & on the journey out, they give you some hints & tips on driving your new car.
Not sure if this is instead to having your car delivered or if it just an option. From the text messages I have had so far from Tesla, I thought I was getting my car delivered direct to my home...
If anyone else has such a phone call - offering a lift to collect your car from a delivery hub - it is genuine! I have had confirmation from Tesla (via my lease broker) that the use of GoZero is a new service that Tesla are trying out. However, Tesla are supposed to ask you if you would like to make use of this service before GoZero contact you. In my case, this step didn't happen but no harm done, I still have delivery confirmed for 9th September.

I’ve had another text:

“Tesla Update - Vehicle arrival dates are still being calculated. We will be in contact when your vehicle is ready to be scheduled for delivery and payment is due. Not ready for your {Model} or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is {ReferenceNumber}. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP”

Reactions: TheWelsh007
I’ve had another text:

“Tesla Update - Vehicle arrival dates are still being calculated. We will be in contact when your vehicle is ready to be scheduled for delivery and payment is due. Not ready for your {Model} or need help? Call us on 01628 450 660, option 4. Your order reference is {ReferenceNumber}. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP”
Same for me

Reactions: teaston
It's that "what if?" scenario. If you chance it, don't tell them, then get into an accident and need to claim, just know the insurance company will be looking for any reason to void your claim and not pay out.

But on the other hand, you may never have an accident ever, and go about your daily life.

Me personally, as someone who's had 4 car accidents in the space of 12 months, I wouldn't take the risk. It'll just be a professional ceramic coating for me.

I never even considered about the boost package and informing them, but seeing as that's just software, how would the insurers even know?
Escalated to the ombudsman - there’s absolutely no chance of them getting out of a claim based on a colour difference

I’ve had another text:

Got the same text and I ordered last week, I'm assuming its an admin error as it seems a few people got these texts.

Reactions: teaston
And another text! 🙈

“Tesla Update - Please ignore previous SMS messages. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. We remain available to support you with any queries via 01628 450 660. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.”

On average, how long before delivery ‘ collection do you get your reg number?

im collecting on Sept 27th and have had final invoice sent over, but wondering about reg for insurance reasons etc.
thanks
Customer service rep told me 5 days before delivery, also confirmed by other members of the forum. You can still get insurance quotes without car reg and update it when you get the reg, shouldn't affect price

I got my quotes from confused.com, if I remember correctly, they were valid for 20 days.

So they’ll pay you the value of the car as insured, not with the mod

I've not had to experience it myself, but from reading up on other people's stories, and different insurance companies clauses, any modifications not declared will void your insurance and or claims

Loving the flurry of collection texts. Congrats to everyone getting booked in!

I just spoke to my SA who told me because I ordered so close to the Sept/Nov deadline (the one Tesla don't even make public), they currently have no vehicles to allocate to me for a Sept delivery irrespective of what my confirmation emails tell me (Sept delivery). I'm essentially at the back of the queue and should expect a November delivery unless someone with the same spec as me can't collect or outright cancels.

Frustrating would be an understatement right now.

• Disagree
Reactions: mosraza
That
Loving the flurry of collection texts. Congrats to everyone getting booked in!

I just spoke to my SA who told me because I ordered so close to the Sept/Nov deadline (the one Tesla don't even make public), they currently have no vehicles to allocate to me for a Sept delivery irrespective of what my confirmation emails tell me (Sept delivery). I'm essentially at the back of the queue and should expect a November delivery unless someone with the same spec as me can't collect or outright cancels.

Frustrating would be an understatement right now.
That’s a joke. What did it say on the website as you ordered? Sep or Nov?