Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So regarding Birmingham St Andrews collections... Spoke to Tesla, and we are still collecting our M3 from St Andrews on Nov 10. That was the short-term fallback location after NEC closed, and likely only affects the first tranche of Q4 deliveries (cars on TALIA perhaps?).

There is a cross-over date sometime mid-November where Leicester will be the alternative offered to customers who originally specified NEC. From that date, St Andrews is no longer a collection point.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion

Steve

Does anybody else have it as 'scheduled' and not 'confirmed'?

1635510540435.png

Thanks! That helps to know when to expect it. Makes it tricky to get the best deal on insurance getting the reg so close to the start date!
Yeah I know what you mean. I have read on here that Direct Line will do insurance based on the VIN and then you swap it to a reg when you have it, and according to CTM, thats the cheapest for me anyway! But can't get insurance sorted til 30 days beforehand... so waiting for Nov 1...

Reactions: rds1
Yeah I know what you mean. I have read on here that Direct Line will do insurance based on the VIN and then you swap it to a reg when you have it, and according to CTM, thats the cheapest for me anyway! But can't get insurance sorted til 30 days beforehand... so waiting for Nov 1...
Totally with you there! Thanks for the tip re direct line. Will give them a try...need to wait until 4th Nov though 🤷‍♂️

I called DL yesterday and they told me no insurance without the reg, even with a VIN.

A Cautionary Tale....Read this if you have replied to Tesla from Sky Mobile

Received my text with a delivery date of 2nd December and had to reply with my address to receive confirmation. I did and received no confirmation so sent it again, still nothing. Spoke to CS this morning and they have had nothing. They had to raise a case manually for the home delivery team. For some reason, SMS messages from Sky Mobile to Tesla are not going through. So, if you are on Sky Mobile and have had a delivery text asking you to REPLY with your full address and are yet to receive confirmation, check with Tesla Customer Services.

Reactions: Tehd
@Ambergold @dave8089 @Standard_IE @AGalwayTech @BevyBoy

Just rang Tesla Ireland and they estimate delivery within first 2 weeks of December now - and that they will be in contact late next week or early week after to arrange deliveries 🤞
I was talking to the delivery team on email today and they told me it would still be late December for mine. Still fingers crossed for contact in the next two weeks.

Reactions: dave8089
Does anybody else have it as 'scheduled' and not 'confirmed'?

View attachment 727055
Mine says Delivery Appointment now but as I recall it was showing Scheduled so yours will probably changer nearer the time.
Got my VIN Reg No and Delivery appt confirmation in one text followed by courtesy call from Tesla so all happened quickly after radio silence for weeks...

Reactions: Liquidv
So...... anyone waiting for vin allocation still. I've been doing some deep data digging.

So I thought the below was quite interesting. I've plotted everyones order dates, vin allocations and deliveries.... (sorry, I love data). Whats quite interesting is regardless of when you might have ordered in 01/09-03/10 - everyones vin was delivered at the same time, give or take.

Going back in historical data in this forum (i didnt plot this information as it would have taken me ages, but it would appear that vins are allocated either mid month or late in the month. Doesnt look like there is much variation in this at all. Most I've seen are between the 11-14th of the month or 23rd-26th of most months.

It would suggest that the next batch of vins is likely to be from orders from in and around 04/10-01/11 and vins from them orders will likely be shared in the next 2 weeks 11-14th November (with a delivery the following month, so early to mid december).

1635514785169.png

So...... anyone waiting for vin allocation still. I've been doing some deep data digging.

So I thought the below was quite interesting. I've plotted everyones order dates, vin allocations and deliveries.... (sorry, I love data). Whats quite interesting is regardless of when you might have ordered in 01/09-03/10 - everyones vin was delivered at the same time, give or take.

Going back in historical data in this forum (i didnt plot this information as it would have taken me ages, but it would appear that vins are allocated either mid month or late in the month. Doesnt look like there is much variation in this at all. Most I've seen are between the 11-14th of the month or 23rd-26th of most months.

It would suggest that the next batch of vins is likely to be from orders from in and around 04/10-01/11 and vins from them orders will likely be shared in the next 2 weeks 11-14th November (with a delivery the following month, so early to mid december).

View attachment 727074
Nope still waiting for the VIN and ordered and received my RN on the 13 Sept.

Reactions: OddityError

Data is beautiful!! What's most interesting to me (who is impatient) is knowing the gap between VIN text and delivery text - which wasn't that much of a wait after all, I thought it would be an extra week or something!

View attachment 727074
More data… 😀Ordered mine on 30/9/21,VIN 26/10/21, collection booked 30/11/21