Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All set now. Changed my collection from Thorpe Park to Home Delivery. It is much more convenient as I don't have to travel. Now all that is left is to do is watch a few boats (although I suspect mine is on Helios Ray) sail across the planet. Soaking up Mr M's delightful insights and weaning off this emotional roller coaster.

Reactions: Field Marshall
Ordered thru a lease company Sept 9th, still no VIN, text or anything!!! Online chat or CS can’t give me any information as they need to get auth from the leasing company. I originally got a text from Tesla with an RN number but that’s it, can’t get a VIN thru the source code as it’s a lease order. Hope it’s all still working in the background and everything will just pop up soon!

Ordered thru a lease company Sept 9th, still no VIN, text or anything!!! Online chat or CS can’t give me any information as they need to get auth from the leasing company. I originally got a text from Tesla with an RN number but that’s it, can’t get a VIN thru the source code as it’s a lease order. Hope it’s all still working in the background and everything will just pop up soon!
What were your specs?

A Cautionary Tale....Read this if you have replied to Tesla from Sky Mobile

Received my text with a delivery date of 2nd December and had to reply with my address to receive confirmation. I did and received no confirmation so sent it again, still nothing. Spoke to CS this morning and they have had nothing. They had to raise a case manually for the home delivery team. For some reason, SMS messages from Sky Mobile to Tesla are not going through. So, if you are on Sky Mobile and have had a delivery text asking you to REPLY with your full address and are yet to receive confirmation, check with Tesla Customer Services.
Interesting. I’ve received three separate delivery texts in the last 24 hours, all for the same date/location.

I reply yes each time from my o2 number, but I’m currently on hold for CS to confirm if my “yes” replies were received.

So...... anyone waiting for vin allocation still. I've been doing some deep data digging.

So I thought the below was quite interesting. I've plotted everyones order dates, vin allocations and deliveries.... (sorry, I love data). Whats quite interesting is regardless of when you might have ordered in 01/09-03/10 - everyones vin was delivered at the same time, give or take.

Going back in historical data in this forum (i didnt plot this information as it would have taken me ages, but it would appear that vins are allocated either mid month or late in the month. Doesnt look like there is much variation in this at all. Most I've seen are between the 11-14th of the month or 23rd-26th of most months.

It would suggest that the next batch of vins is likely to be from orders from in and around 04/10-01/11 and vins from them orders will likely be shared in the next 2 weeks 11-14th November (with a delivery the following month, so early to mid december).

View attachment 727074

Not fully correct as I placed the order 20oct and revived vin and delivery yesterday.

All set now. Changed my collection from Thorpe Park to Home Delivery. It is much more convenient as I don't have to travel. Now all that is left is to do is watch a few boats (although I suspect mine is on Helios Ray) sail across the planet. Soaking up Mr M's delightful insights and weaning off this emotional roller coaster.
Huh I didn't realise that was possible.. Might look in to it if I can get a delivery for the same date or earlier.

So...... anyone waiting for vin allocation still. I've been doing some deep data digging.

So I thought the below was quite interesting. I've plotted everyones order dates, vin allocations and deliveries.... (sorry, I love data). Whats quite interesting is regardless of when you might have ordered in 01/09-03/10 - everyones vin was delivered at the same time, give or take.

Going back in historical data in this forum (i didnt plot this information as it would have taken me ages, but it would appear that vins are allocated either mid month or late in the month. Doesnt look like there is much variation in this at all. Most I've seen are between the 11-14th of the month or 23rd-26th of most months.

It would suggest that the next batch of vins is likely to be from orders from in and around 04/10-01/11 and vins from them orders will likely be shared in the next 2 weeks 11-14th November (with a delivery the following month, so early to mid december).

View attachment 727074
Thanks for doing that -fascinating ! Mine would be similar to scdoubleu Ordered M3LR blue/black standard wheels on 26th August VIN in source code 9th October with delivery in Manchester early November Looks like Talia carrying the stragglers from Q3

Reactions: Oxstock
Some more sweet sweet data (may have seen already). Another enthusiast set this spreadsheet up which is populated by people who have placed orders to try and track VIN release, delivery dates etc.

Oxstock's is much better presented and easier to understand

Reactions: Oxstock
I got my text yesterday. Collection 1st Dec. Only gave me the option of Collection from Tesla. Called Cambridge, they sorted and changed to del to my house.
I then got a text an hour ago. Deliver 1st Nov to my home. Was so excited…..but news it was a mistake. Called Tesla. They apologised. Now 1st Dec to my house.
Can I pls ask when do we get the reg to sort Insurance?

I got my text yesterday. Collection 1st Dec. Only gave me the option of Collection from Tesla. Called Cambridge, they sorted and changed to del to my house.
I then got a text an hour ago. Deliver 1st Nov to my home. Was so excited…..but news it was a mistake. Called Tesla. They apologised. Now 1st Dec to my house.
Can I pls ask when do we get the reg to sort Insurance?
Vin can be used for Insurance

Thanks for doing that -fascinating ! Mine would be similar to scdoubleu Ordered M3LR blue/black standard wheels on 26th August VIN in source code 9th October with delivery in Manchester early November Looks like Talia carrying the stragglers from Q3
Agreed re the Q3 stragglers I ordered same as you but with the 19" wheels on 2nd August, collecting on the 13th

Thanks Oxstock for the fascinating data ,enjoying picking through it

Reactions: skateboarder
Hello
I didn’t know that. Thank you.. Ther is no VIN on my account yet…
If you have a collection date, you have a VIN.

Do you know how to obtain the vin via the website? Log on via tesla website, click manage on your account and go to overview page. Right click around the page until you see 'page source'... click that, once there press ctrl-f or command-f (if you're using mac) and search LRW, if a vin is present, it should show.