Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right! UPDATE!

Managed to speak to the same very helpful Tesla CS agent that sorted my order for me last week.

She has stated the below, after getting confirmation today from "head office":
  • If you are already matched with a car, then your SR+ will come with the 278 range, and 5.3sec 0-60. Regardless of what your vin letter/number may say.
  • If you are not yet matched with a car, but you ordered before the 2nd November, then your car will have just been built and getting ready to be put on the next ship. These SR+ cars will come with the 305mile range and 5.6sec 0-60.
  • If you order from today, then you get the advertised Model 3 with 305 range and 5.8sec 0-60.
That's super helpful, thank you. So judging from your signature (very similar to my situation) you'll be getting the 278 range with 5.3 second 0-60 correct?

Reactions: Simonix
So..my VIN for SR+ appeared in source code today, has the 'A' as the 8th digit, does that mean its the 305 version or not? If its in the source code but I've not had an email or SMS, is it matched? V confusing; I'll have to try contacting CS. Not overly concerned but would be good to know!

Probably not the thread for it but I don't know where to look - could I get some advice on insurance please?

I currently have my Suzuki Alto under insurance with Admiral until Jan 29th. I can either pay £53 upfront to cancel the insurance the day before Tesla arrives, or keep the insurance and pay £17.50 a month until Jan 29th when it expires... I want to insure the Tesla with Direct Line as that's the cheapest I've found. I can also only get the price from Direct Line based on my No Claims Bonus.

I guess my Q is, if I were to continue paying until end of Jan for the Alto, could I still get insurance from Direct Line on the Tesla using the NCB? If I got insurance for the Tesla mid-Nov but cancelled the Alto on Dec 1st, could I use the NCB then? Still a crossover where I'll be "using" the NCB on different cars? How does it work and what's the best way to go about this?

Thanks

Probably not the thread for it but I don't know where to look - could I get some advice on insurance please?

I currently have my Suzuki Alto under insurance with Admiral until Jan 29th. I can either pay £53 upfront to cancel the insurance the day before Tesla arrives, or keep the insurance and pay £17.50 a month until Jan 29th when it expires... I want to insure the Tesla with Direct Line as that's the cheapest I've found. I can also only get the price from Direct Line based on my No Claims Bonus.

I guess my Q is, if I were to continue paying until end of Jan for the Alto, could I still get insurance from Direct Line on the Tesla using the NCB? If I got insurance for the Tesla mid-Nov but cancelled the Alto on Dec 1st, could I use the NCB then? Still a crossover where I'll be "using" the NCB on different cars? How does it work and what's the best way to go about this?

Thanks
confused pal. If you pay £53 now or £17.50 each month (which is still £53). Makes no sense to keep insuring a car that you wont drive - so just cancel it.

Thanks
If I remember correctly your NCB is good for two years after the end of a policy. Speak to Direct Line, they will able to advise.

Reactions: Abcmsaj

Thanks
As far as I am aware you can only use your NCB on one policy at a time. Your options are:

1. Cancel the day before the Tesla arrives but you will lose around 11 months NCB
2. Keep the Alto insured until January 29th and source some short-term insurance on the Tesla until then

Last time I got short term insurance it was stupidly expensive though so I would imagine your best bet might be option 1, but it will depend on how many years NCB you have at the moment though.

confused pal. If you pay £53 now or £17.50 each month (which is still £53). Makes no sense to keep insuring a car that you wont drive - so just cancel it.
Matter of paying in instalments rather than all at once... not like £50 is a lot of money anyway but it's the same amount spread out over months so I didn't think it mattered (until I remembered NCB!!) - if I cancel early then I don't get my next year of NCB, I thought - so probably worth waiting til Jan if poss
If I remember correctly your NCB is good for two years after the end of a policy. Speak to Direct Line, they will able to advise.
I'll give them a call in a minute and find out, like 2003bluecat said though, if I cancel on month 11 then I don't get my next year of NCB... whereas if I continue paying to the end of Jan, I likely would
As far as I am aware you can only use your NCB on one policy at a time. Your options are:

1. Cancel the day before the Tesla arrives but you will lose around 11 months NCB
2. Keep the Alto insured until January 29th and source some short-term insurance on the Tesla until then

Last time I got short term insurance it was stupidly expensive though so I would imagine your best bet might be option 1, but it will depend on how many years NCB you have at the moment though.
I will give DL a call because I am sure the difference between my current NCB and next year's NCB is like... £20 annually... so might just be worth cutting losses with Admiral. But thanks all for advice

anyone else going to buy the acceleration boost for your M3LR? :)
I definitely will do at some point.
Though when I test drove the M3 LR just before placing my order, it felt plenty damn fast as it was, so I thought it would make more sense to enjoy it at that speed for some time and then buy the boost a little while down the line, gives it a bit more impact and bang for buck then, I feel...

Reactions: skateboarder