Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone else going to buy the acceleration boost for your M3LR? :)
definitely plan to... if my car ever comes! It was my view that the very small difference between the M3 Performance 0-60 (remember quoted without rollout) and the Acceleration boosted LR AWD didn't justify the extra 10k and the downsides of the Performance model i.e. lower clearance, stiffer ride, tyres you can't use in cold weather etc.

I definitely will do at some point.
Though when I test drove the M3 LR just before placing my order, it felt plenty damn fast as it was, so I thought it would make more sense to enjoy it at that speed for some time and then buy the boost a little while down the line, gives it a bit more impact and bang for buck then, I feel...
I never got to test drive the LR… annoyingly, only the performance.

Had a quick chat with Tesla and been told mine will have the new SR+ battery (increased range, slightly slower 0-60). My VIN has a J as the 8th character, VIN was assigned on the 26th of October.

Seems like we're all being told slightly different things 🤷‍♂️

The whole thing is very confusing.

I suspect they don't know, there may be some CS Agents prepared to look at a VIN and see the "J" and deduce it's the higher range SR+, and others are going by the book that "All Q4 orders are 278", especially as some VINs for SR+'s are still "A". Equally theres a third angle where some Q4 orders before today have the bigger pack, but are software locked, because creating a "cut off" in a production line is a difficult thing to do, much easier to do in software.

Screenshot 2021-11-02 at 17.45.45.png

I did two rounds of test driving, first time in a LR and then a Performance to satisfy my curiosity.
LR is plenty quick and the Performance is leaning in to insanity mode. In our household, we’re curious to see how my upcoming Long Range stacks up against my girlfriend’s Porsche Cayman S in a drag race. If I lose, I’m definitely getting that acceleration boost! 😂

View attachment 728406
Mine has just arrived! Now to fill it 😜
Mines arrived also 👍, sad to say with typical Tesla lack of quality control 😂...not a problem as I'm going to keep it...think I'll be a Tesla fan boy for a long time to come so lot of alcohol will be coming out of that decanter! 🥃😅

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-152659_Amazon Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-152659_Amazon Photos.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20211102-152645_Amazon Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-152645_Amazon Photos.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: Awesome_O
View attachment 728406
Mine has just arrived! Now to fill it 😜

Mines arrived also 👍, sad to say with typical Tesla lack of quality control 😂...not a problem as I'm going to keep it...think I'll be a Tesla fan boy for a long time to come so lot of alcohol will be coming out of that decanter! 🥃😅

When did you get your VIN in the source code?

What ship was it on?

;)🤣
(sorry just trying to lighten the mood after today's VIN/battery/CS frenzy)

Guys, before all the vins and deliveries kicking about.

I'm sure my manage tesla account part said drafting contracts..... now it says drafting invoice?

Next Steps
We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment.

Is this bit known to change? I swear that is what it said.

Guys, before all the vins and deliveries kicking about.

I'm sure my manage tesla account part said drafting contracts..... now it says drafting invoice?

Next Steps
We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment.

Is this bit known to change? I swear that is what it said.
yes, does say drafting up contract...I'm a 29 Oct order date...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211102-183449_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211102-183449_Chrome.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 52