Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are leasing and the car is going to be delivered to you what license plates are you likely to get? Nearest DVLA area code to your home address? Most local service centre? Service centre that it is sent to you from? Southampton where car enters country?

I did two rounds of test driving, first time in a LR and then a Performance to satisfy my curiosity.
LR is plenty quick and the Performance is leaning in to insanity mode. In our household, we’re curious to see how my upcoming Long Range stacks up against my girlfriend’s Porsche Cayman S in a drag race. If I lose, I’m definitely getting that acceleration boost! 😂
Think you’d win, fairly comfortably. 1 because car manufactures never get the 0-60 right…..Tesla’s 0-60, if anything,is usually better than the quoted performance (fractionally)

Plus, assuming it’s not brand new, expect it’s lost a few BHP. Her tyres are probably a bit burnt out, yours are fresh off the shelf.

As long as you have decent charge, see you winning.

Last edited:
I never got to test drive the LR… annoyingly, only the performance.
Same here, but given that the first half of the test drive was in chill mode, and I didn't fully cotton on until feeling a bit disappointed so then actually timing a 0-60, when I put the thing in normal mode I thought I was going to go backwards through the seat every time I hoofed it. So I'm sure I won't begrudge the difference with 4.2 seconds to 60! I currently drive a diesel Volvo XC70.

I assume no further updates from any fellow Irish customers? I wonder if we are still a good few weeks away from VIN’s being assigned considering the late December delivery estimate. I assume even with that delivery estimate the cars would need to be on a ship pretty soon if not already.

Reactions: John_IE
I assume no further updates from any fellow Irish customers? I wonder if we are still a good few weeks away from VIN’s being assigned considering the late December delivery estimate. I assume even with that delivery estimate the cars would need to be on a ship pretty soon if not already.
No hidden VINs or anything for my SR+ yet anyway.
Shipping time is about 30 days so anything coming for December will probably need to be on the way in the next week or two.

Shipping time is about 30 days so anything coming for December will probably need to be on the way in the next week or two.
Me either, I think they've forgotten about the poor ould paddies. August order was a long time ago now rest of Europe seems to be getting vins. Unless you fancy the 70k red LR in the existing inventory 😜

Reactions: John_IE
Nope nothing for me either - Tesla Ireland didn't have any update today, asking again if I am sure want a December delivery, and now are saying it will be later in November before any updates or hear anything..... didn't fill me with a lot of confidence :oops:

Shipping time is 30 days to Southampton/Zeebrugge, then plus 5-10 days unload/crossload/transit to Ireland, plus 2-5 days customs clearance/delivery prep, so best case about 40 days all in from Shanghai port to Ireland collections.... so Ireland cars needs to be leaving SHG within next week for this side of Christmas really 🥵

However it is unusual that there is that 1 inventory "in transit" car on the website....... surely they are not just shipping that 1 car by itself and there may be others on the same shipment? 🤔

Nope nothing for me either - Tesla Ireland didn't have any update today, asking again if I am sure want a December delivery, and now are saying it will be later in November before any updates or hear anything..... didn't fill me with a lot of confidence :oops:

Shipping time is 30 days to Southampton/Zeebrugge, then plus 5-10 days unload/crossload/transit to Ireland, plus 2-5 days customs clearance/delivery prep, so best case about 40 days all in from Shanghai port to Ireland collections.... so Ireland cars needs to be leaving SHG within next week for this side of Christmas really 🥵

However it is unusual that there is that 1 inventory "in transit" car on the website....... surely they are not just shipping that 1 car by itself and there may be others on the same shipment? 🤔
I was wondering if that inventory LR was maybe an assigned car to an order that has cancelled or delayed to next year?
Who knows though.
Going to be a bit harder to move it with enhanced autopilot putting its price up.

Reactions: BevyBoy
I was wondering if that inventory LR was maybe an assigned car to an order that has cancelled or delayed to next year?
Who knows though.
Going to be a bit harder to move it with enhanced autopilot putting its price up.
Yes I'd say it was a cancellation...... but since it says "in transit" I wonder are the rest of our cars in transit too but they just wont confirm yet.

I forgot to mention the good news though - they did say SR+ for Ireland will be the 491km range model!

Reactions: BevyBoy
Yes I'd say it was a cancellation...... but since it says "in transit" I wonder are the rest of our cars in transit too but they just wont confirm yet.

I forgot to mention the good news though - they did say SR+ for Ireland will be the 491km range model!
Seems really strange and looks maybe cars for Ireland will be shipped from Zeebrugge instead of Southampton.
I'd don't get it maybe they have a batch assignment to distribute?

Are you guys on any Facebook groups where anyone was assigned a vin. I packed in Facebook a few months ago tempted to rejoin for group insights.

Did the rep mention anything about what acceleration time we’ll be getting with that new pack?

Seen mixed reports of bigger pack but with slightly less nerfed acceleration for sept/nov SR+ orders.