Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly, that shipping thread is a pile of donkey turd. One person will say a boat, then another dude will say no its not that one cos its going to Afghanistan, another dude will say its this ship, then someone else says no because thats going to Libya.

Fact of the matter is, no one f******* knows what boat your tesla is on, regardless of how many people are drooling over Marine tracker. Unless Tesla CS say which boat its on, or your uncles, best friends cousin works at Tesla - its a waste of time frankly.

Rant over.

Honestly, that shipping thread is a pile of donkey turd. One person will say a boat, then another dude will say no its not that one cos its going to Afghanistan, another dude will say its this ship, then someone else says no because thats going to Libya.

Fact of the matter is, no one f******* knows what boat your tesla is on, regardless of how many people are drooling over Marine tracker. Unless Tesla CS say which boat its on, or your uncles, best friends cousin works at Tesla - its a waste of time frankly.

Rant over.
I use Mr M's daily update, i have my delivery date so have a rough idea which ship it COULD (being the important word here) be on given it has to arrive a few days before my delivery date, so will keep an eye on those. I don't find any point in going on there saying I've just had my VIN which boat is it on, no-one actually knows exactly which ship unless they have records of the VINs on each ship

J’s definitely dont have faster acceleration. A‘s are the performance motor. J’s are the new efficient ones.
Nope. I’ve had it confirmed by Tesla this is not right.

I have an SR+ Q4 and I’m in the rare batch that has the bigger battery and old motor. J in 8th position.

I have an SR+ Q4 and I’m in the rare batch that has the bigger battery and old motor. J in 8th position.
Sure look, this really is all over the place. I've the A in my VIN and been told the same by multiple CS reps at this stage. Maybe the motor makes no difference whatsoever and its all software locked. We just dont know and either do they it seems

Luke has now told me I have the bigger battery and the old motor, and it comes with heated seats and heated steering wheel. You can absolutely bet I'm screenshotting this conversation and printing it off, laminating it, putting it in a sealed briefcase and taking it with me to the delivery centre, ready for when it doesn't have that stuff...
Ah crap, I can't do this with a phone call!

Lol I just spoke to Michael at Tesla who “confirmed” the slower 0-60.

Going by what we actually know, the A’s get the original SR+ motor (same as the performance) whilst the J’s get the new, efficient hairpin motor.

Reactions: Bandito
I think I’ve just noticed a minor detail that might help.

My dashboard has a picture of my model 3 SR+ with fog lights. This is highly likely an indication of premium exterior and interior features.

Oddly I've noticed a slight difference as well:

1636043897309.png