Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did look at the vinyl "sticker" type number plates as they look very clean, but not sure about how they would fare long term with the screw holes under them from removing the holder

Also not sure how easy they are to remove when you want to swap the plates back (mines a "private" plate)
The holes could be filled with something removable such as silicone. I believe the vinyl plates come off quite easy with a hair dryer.

Reactions: JonP73
I did look at the vinyl "sticker" type number plates as they look very clean, but not sure about how they would fare long term with the screw holes under them from removing the holder

Also not sure how easy they are to remove when you want to swap the plates back (mines a "private" plate)
yes, wasn't too bothered about the stickiness of vinyl plates as I'm sure they're ok, I just never liked the look of them 😬...never liked that it's stuck on a car 50k car like a plaster bandage IMO...the frameless design adds an air of premium quality and when you take lots of photos no need to blackout the plates, you just take them off 😂, again IMO 😅

yes, wasn't too bothered about the stickiness of vinyl plates as I'm sure they're ok, I just never liked the look of them 😬...never liked that it's stuck on a car 50k car like a plaster bandage IMO...the frameless design adds an air of premium quality and when you take lots of photos no need to blackout the plates, you just take them off 😂, again IMO 😅
😁🤣🤣 Brilliant 👏👏

That’s exactly what I’ve done, they are normal acrylic plates (not vinyl stick on ones, apparently they are going to become illegal so I didn’t bother with them)
Thanks teaston. That's what I was planning on doing. Your car looks great by the way! I've ordered some of the black replacement badges for mine, and now looking at window tints on the back of your pictures!

Reactions: teaston
Our friend Luke has just confirmed that mine will have the increased range, heated steering-wheel and rear seats and the slightly slower acceleration of 5.6s. I'm easy either way tbh, I either got what I ordered or a slightly better version with an acceptable compromise. Tesla are as much a tech company as they are a motor company so the comparisons aren't fair. I reckon if you're buying a Tesla you're buying into this kind of a process. Understand that it shortens the gap between SR+ and the LR but unless the changes would honestly be a dealbreaker for you, chill your beans.

Also got my VIN out of him (leasing) but couldn't give me the ship it was sailing on.
Just got off the phone with Tesla, about my order for a SR+ Midnight silver that was ordered on 17/09/21, as a cash buyer no trade-in. I have been told: Home delivery time to be confimred, has 60kwh battery, heated rear seats and steering, reduce 0-60 from 5.2 to 5.4 secs, yet my original was 5.3 :) I will wait and see what arrives on my drive, good luck!

Reactions: JonP73
Does the receipt of the request for Tesla to connect to Bluetooth mean anything in the order process? Can’t recall when I got that maybe a week ago. (Been out with nasty covid).

Car ordered 19/10. December delivery due. Applied for est loan on 20/10. Completed all requested tasks on my Tesla account, obvs have the RN Order number.
I'm meant to hear back about my EST loan by the 15th. It's gonna be very tight as delivery is meant to be early December and the EST don't seem to be in any kind of rush.

I'm meant to hear back about my EST loan by the 15th. It's gonna be very tight as delivery is meant to be early December and the EST don't seem to be in any kind of rush.
Yeh I agree. I think my next milestone is 10/11 so I’ll see what happens next. Getting approval is one thing, getting the money in the bank is the other…

I really need the interest free loan to make this doable, I may be able to find some cash to get me over any short term gap but obviously I would rather not.

Yeh I agree. I think my next milestone is 10/11 so I’ll see what happens next. Getting approval is one thing, getting the money in the bank is the other…

I really need the interest free loan to make this doable, I may be able to find some cash to get me over any short term gap but obviously I would rather not.
Same situation for me. If the money is late coming through I will probably just take out a Tesla loan and pay that off once I get the cash from the EST. Not sure what sort of interest will be added to a short term loan like that but it's my only real option.

I ordered my car on 20/10 and applied for the EST loan 22nd

Same situation for me. If the money is late coming through I will probably just take out a Tesla loan and pay that off once I get the cash from the EST. Not sure what sort of interest will be added to a short term loan like that but it's my only real option.

I ordered my car on 20/10 and applied for the EST loan 22nd
Let’s keep in touch with updates. Hopefully we both get the funds through in plenty of time. I wasn’t expecting my car until mid December but my vin is now in the source code so perhaps it’s going to get here sooner than I thought. I’m sure the Glasgow SA (for me) will understand and help through the process.

Let’s keep in touch with updates. Hopefully we both get the funds through in plenty of time. I wasn’t expecting my car until mid December but my vin is now in the source code so perhaps it’s going to get here sooner than I thought. I’m sure the Glasgow SA (for me) will understand and help through the process.
They'll probably just offer you the Tesla loan and you pay that off with the EST loan. Apparently once you send in your final invoice along with all the loan forms it takes 10 days for them to process it and then another 2-3 days for the cash to hit your bank account. That's from a friend who's currently waiting for the funds.

Reactions: Katic1972
Does anyone here know when Tesla takes the down payment? the reason I ask is that VW is purchasing my car back and was hoping to use the funds from that as the down payment, and I don't want to be without a car.

I dont think they take it? You have to make it. I sold (threw) my car back to VW too, and have made my down payment. I've had to hire a car until my M3 arrives.