Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone clear this up. Tesla have practically completely moved to LFP battery chemistry right. So the LR here in the uk should be also right? Forget the size of the battery for now, but all models should be LFP.

The longe range and bigger Panasonic battery is also LFP right?
Tesla has moved to LFP for all base models of the 3 (what was known as the SR+). Previously it was only MiC vehicles. Due to the capacity of LFP the current 60 kWh capacity is as large as can physically fit in the M3 battery compartment so they couldn’t offer LFP for the LR.

Panasonic do not manufacture LFP batteries for EVs.

Reactions: Oxstock and Liquidv
Tesla has moved to LFP for all base models of the 3 (what was known as the SR+). Previously it was only MiC vehicles. Due to the capacity of LFP the current 60 kWh capacity is as large as can physically fit in the M3 battery compartment so they couldn’t offer LFP for the LR.

Panasonic do not manufacture LFP batteries for EVs.
Correct.

What’s interesting about all this is, the recommended state of charge for base Model 3 (LFP) battery is 100%, comparatively it’s is 80% for the batteries in LR and P.

Meaning at their recommended daily charge limits (without risking battery degradation) the base Model 3 has a higher regular WLTP.

Model 3 base (100%) can do 305
Long Range (80%) can do 288

Even at full charge the LR only has 55miles on the base Model 3.

Of-course real world figures will be vastly different to WLTP.

Still interesting to note. These advances are great for us all because it shows just how much innovation Tesla are making to their battery packs, I’m sure in the not too distanced future we will see packs pushing 500-600miles.

Reactions: Ambergold
1 - I was informed mats are now included but not actually holding my breath on this - won't take long to receive if ordered when car received
2 - My M3 SR+ is due for collection on 25 November and I have been told by CS to expect registration number on 11 November
I've been in the same boat -lots of accessories go out of stock for lengthy periods such as the console trays and boot liner but I've not seen the all weather floor mats go out of stock yet The car mats that came with the LR are pretty good

Reactions: Field Marshall
Correct.

What’s interesting about all this is, the recommended state of charge for base Model 3 (LFP) battery is 100%, comparatively it’s is 80% for the batteries in LR and P.

Meaning at their recommended daily charge limits (without risking battery degradation) the base Model 3 has a higher regular WLTP.

Still interesting to note. These advances are great for us all because it shows just how much innovation Tesla are making to their battery packs, I’m sure in the not too distanced future we will see packs pushing 500-600miles.
I believe most people charge to 90% as it's within the safe zone for battery, so that would equate to 324 opposed to 288 for the LR
Regardless of the difference in real world terms nobody is going to run their battery down to 20% daily

The advances in the base model features and capability are astonishing, especially with Heated rear seats and steering wheel. In my country the Performance and LR no longer qualify for a government grant so this is a no brainer. You'd wonder if Tesla are trying to steer LR buyers to the base model.

Now if they only offered the premium audio!!

Correct.

Solid state will be a game changer but I would say probably 5+ years away. But also impressive what Lucid is doing but that is a big battery

yes, but only if theives know they're stuck on with Velcro it'll be easy...if someone wants your plate they'll take your plate whatever way it's attached...I checked some YouTube videos and they're very strong and takes some force to get off... but for peace of mind and to delay the process yes, sticking with something more substantial would buy you more time to catch them!
They won’t get them off with 3M VHB tape, unless they’ve got a cordless hairdryer with them!

Correct.

hmm. We dont know the real world range of LFP in the M3. The LR is around 290-310 (thats around a 27% drop). That puts the M3 at 222 approx.

From a LR perspective, if I was doing a London to Cornwall trip, I'd be going to 100%. Then you need to think about charge speeds on these LFP's. which is likely given the chemistry to be slower than the LR to get to an equivalent range.

hmm. We dont know the real world range of LFP in the M3. The LR is around 290-310 (thats around a 27% drop). That puts the M3 at 222 approx.

From a LR perspective, if I was doing a London to Cornwall trip, I'd be going to 100%. Then you need to think about charge speeds on these LFP's. which is likely given the chemistry to be slower than the LR to get to an equivalent range.

SR+ has had the LFP battery for most of this year now in UK. People are getting around 220miles from the 55kwh version. If these new ones are 60kwh, then that pushes the 220 up to around 240ish.

Also bear in mind that although the SR LFP batteries charge slower, they are smaller, so not as much to charge. Swings and roundabouts really. I watched some bjorn videos on YT, and they balanced out, to take around the same time to charge from 20-80% for example.

What no one has seen yet, is how the LFP batteries (With heat pump) perform in a UK winter. Could be worse, could be better than the older SR+ with Nickel packs. We shall see.....

Yeah, I'm a lease purchase. I never received at VIN text, nor a Delivery text.

I had to chase and get it all done manually over the phone with Tesla.

If it wasn't for this forum, seeing everyone else getting their info/texts, signalling for me to chase Tesla, I would probably still be sat here waiting, wondering what the hell was going on!

Reactions: ChorleyTesl4