Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest - Is there anyone following this thread, from the UK, who ordered an SR+ in late Sept / Early Oct, who is still hasn't seen their VIN in the source?
Black / Black SR+ ordered 10/10 no VIN (have found one in source code) or delivery date confirmed

CS have advised "in the next two weeks" for a VIN and "Early December" for delivery

This thread is dead on the weekends and then springs to life when everyone is "back to work" on Monday morning 😂
Ah yes, easier to reply to forums when working from home 🙂

Been watching this thread for a few weeks now - Waiting for our Model 3 SR+ (Midnight Silver with black interior) which we will be picking up on the 26th of November. Older car is diesel and six years old now, and looks like it is a good time to trade-in/sell cars.

Have been seeing a lot of Teslas in my area last week - Or maybe I am just more aware of them now that I have a delivery date scheduled 😂

Those of you who haven’t insured yet I found Churchill has gone quite cheap on quotes for end of the month. Any quote you generate lasts 30 days and you just need to tell them your reg when you get it.

I’ve put it in the mega thread here

Ah yes, easier to reply to forums when working from home 🙂

Been watching this thread for a few weeks now - Waiting for our Model 3 SR+ (Midnight Silver with black interior) which we will be picking up on the 26th of November. Older car is diesel and six years old now, and looks like it is a good time to trade-in/sell cars.

Have been seeing a lot of Teslas in my area last week - Or maybe I am just more aware of them now that I have a delivery date scheduled 😂
When did you ordered it ? I guess everybody here is trying to put together a timeline :))

So, my email plea to [email protected], sent a few days ago has elicited the following response;

"Well, I have some good news for you. I can confirm that we have had a car allocated to your order."
[Well, I knew that last week from my source code searching 😆]

They continue..... "We are still finalising the UK side logistics once it lands, but when we do, we will be in touch to communicate expected delivery dates. This should be by the end of this week hopefully."

Oooooo, now hope is being tantalisingly dangled at me too. However, I shall not be holding my breath, counting any chickens or placing any bets.

Reactions: Buzzliteyear
So, my email plea to [email protected], sent a few days ago has elicited the following response;

"Well, I have some good news for you. I can confirm that we have had a car allocated to your order."

They continue..... "We are still finalising the UK side logistics once it lands, but when we do, we will be in touch to communicate expected delivery dates. This should be by the end of this week hopefully."

Oooooo, now hope is being tantalisingly dangled at me too. However, I shall not be holding my breath, counting any chickens or placing any bets.
brilliant, so the Tuesday latest is now the end of the week.......have to say I'm already getting frustrated with Tesla CS and I haven't even got the car yet.

Reactions: ScoutKaty
I've been with octopus for 5 years, moved into a new house 2 years ago, wanted to initiate a switch to Octopus Go about 6 months ago when I knew I'd be going electric. This whole time they've fobbed me off with "we can't switch you as you don't have a smart meter" - I do, it's just SMETS1 not 2... And rather than get someone out to fit a meter, I'll just get a reply with "we will upgrade old smart meters soon". 6 months later, still no octopus go...
Same issue over here can't switch if you don't have a smart meter and it easier to get a Tesla than get one of these at the moment. On a "priority waiting list" for about 7 months now for a smart meter.

In the mean time have gotten in a solar system with a zappi charger so on a good day that can pull 30+ Kwhrs this time of the year would say max 15kwhrs, also no payback tariff to the grid yet. Know of some people with solar system were they have very old meters and the excess power winds the meter backwards.

I have a EV charger but no EV yet :)

Exciting! been lurking here a bit, and just properly registered - shortly after my VIN appeared (I'm sure it's unrelated)

Ordered 22nd Oct via my company on HP (finance approved 23rd Oct in principle and confirmed 1st Nov).

LR/MSM/18/Black & White interior... now to track down the boat.

Also just got the Audi back from service and 3 tyres need a change to be roadworthy (of course I have to spend money on a car I'm going to sell!)...tempted to just let Cazoo roll it onto one of their trucks and not drive until then.

Anyone else had a VIN appear today?

I thought it was quite busy over the weekend
Exciting! been lurking here a bit, and just properly registered - shortly after my VIN appeared (I'm sure it's unrelated)

Ordered 22nd Oct via my company on HP (finance approved 23rd Oct in principle and confirmed 1st Nov).

LR/MSM/18/Black & White interior... now to track down the boat.

Also just got the Audi back from service and 3 tyres need a change to be roadworthy (of course I have to spend money on a car I'm going to sell!)...tempted to just let Cazoo roll it onto one of their trucks and not drive until then.

Anyone else had a VIN appear today?
Your post gives me hope :)

Considering Tesla don't make battery size public, is there anyway to actually check yourself when you have the car or is the only option a plug in diagnostics tool? I read somewhere that they used to have it stamped on a piece of metal beside the normal car battery but removed this in 2021.

I'm sort of hoping this new longer range SR battery is a 65kwh, doubtful but you never know. Would be nice to get an upgrade of even more range via a software update a year from now like they did with the current SR+

The SR+ LFP bench mark from Bjorn is that it goes:-

(20c= warm weather)
275 miles in warm weather (lower speeds)
194 miles in warm weather (30% reduction - motorway speeds)

Cold weather is an unknown but almost certainly 20-30% below these benchmarks. Could even be worse, Tesla's LFP is unknown but traditionally LFP configuration in cold weather is renowned for poor efficiency in cold weather. Thankfully, cold snaps in the UK isnt common (well, in the south anyway).

Some reddit users who have LFP in cold weather are reporting 200km / 124miles max range in below freezing temps. Note that this is the lower battery pack LFP, so dont expect it to be as low as this but maybe 140-150 or around that mark.

So whilst you may think you have LR performance for £6,500 cheaper, i can assure you that it really only competes with the LR at warm weather city driving. I think any other times you'll be coming well short of the LR which has 20% bigger battery.

Updated *

Bjorn also did a test in the LR on the motorway (similar ish conditions (15c - slightly colder) which achieved 319 miles on the motorway. (64% longer range than the SR+'s LFP 194 motorway range) - thats a whopping 125 miles difference - That's the equivalent of driving central London to Cornwall. I expect in warmer temps, or close to 20c SR temp test then could well push it that little bit further.

This all said, I think the SR+ LFP will hold its re-sale value far better than any other battery configuration or any other car in general. I think the overall miles possible with the SR+ before it blows up will go on for a very very very long time and surpass any vehicle on this planet to be honest and so if you're a cash buyer, its a fu*king wise choice.
This all greatly assumes us LFP SR+ owners don't have the ability to pre-heat from mains for a good 30mins to 1hour before we depart, getting the battery to an optimal temperature, which would further increase the range before departure.

Considering Tesla don't make battery size public, is there anyway to actually check yourself when you have the car or is the only option a plug in diagnostics tool? I read somewhere that they used to have it stamped on a piece of metal beside the normal car battery but removed this in 2021.

I'm sort of hoping this new longer range SR battery is a 65kwh, doubtful but you never know. Would be nice to get an upgrade of even more range via a software update a year from now like they did with the current SR+
There is a sticker on the pack under the drivers side axil, its hard to get too, but possible.

Reactions: Bandito
087F00BD-9380-4399-82F0-2890F32501D6.jpeg

Solid work!

Ok so we know its deffo this week - this is one of the longer time spans i've witnessed between vin and delivery texts. Have only witnessed a handful of days before now.

Reactions: ScoutKaty
It's genuinely making me angry at this stage that Tesla haven't a notion what cars people are getting. Starting to believe we're all getting the 5.6 0-60mph/ 6.1 1-100km/h version and they are just trying to keep the ones asking specifics happy by saying its the older acceleration,