Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They absolutely can’t. 100% correct.

But what are you gonna be able to do about it if they have, in the middle of the claim?

That’s the key point I’m trying to get across, I guess!
They would need to honour it I presume. If some of their CS staff are telling people "the insurance would be invalid but we know about the issue" then they shouldn't be selling it at all. There website should be pulled and fixed, yet they're continuing to sell policies to people.

Surely if your car appears on the schedule of insurance then they have accepted that car as one they will insure. To refuse to pay out on any claim would ultimately lead to a significant penalty via the insurance ombudsman or the like? This is nuts. Hope they get this resolved for all the Tesla owners currently insured by them.

Rain down the fecking law suit on their arse. Question is, what are Peugeot going to do, not what I would do.
Unless you have the money and time resources to defend against a third party litigation to yourself, as well as bringing litigation to Peugeot Insurance, this is a risky gamble to take.

Peugeot don’t have to do anything if they decide not to.

Your only recourse in that situation is litigation. See first sentence.

None of which settles disputes with the third party claiming against you.

They would need to honour it I presume. If some of their CS staff are telling people "the insurance would be invalid but we know about the issue" then they shouldn't be selling it at all. There website should be pulled and fixed, yet they're continuing to sell policies to people.
Agree. Either their CS staff need to get it together. Or they need to pull Tesla from their list of vehicles they will insure.

But either way, the current show is not a good one, and one of incompetence.

If Tesla sold you one spec of car, changed it as you awaited delivery, and you asked a million times what spec you’re getting, and they couldn’t tell you, would you buy th… oh wait 😂😉 that’s a poor analogy eh 😂

Just been on the FB group as mentioned and saw this

Attachments

• 35A3CD40-2856-4CD2-894F-80A6F6ECFEEA.png
    35A3CD40-2856-4CD2-894F-80A6F6ECFEEA.png
    677.1 KB · Views: 71
Just been on the FB group as mentioned and saw this
For me this means nothing. Just as many people have been told the opposite. Your policy may be valid. It may not be. It depends on who you ask at the time.

You’ll only know when you actually claim.

Do you want to leave that to chance?

Unless you have the money and time resources to defend against a third party litigation to yourself, as well as bringing litigation to Peugeot Insurance, this is a risky gamble to take.

Peugeot don’t have to do anything if they decide not to.

Your only recourse in that situation is litigation. See first sentence.

None of which settles disputes with the third party claiming against you.
Sorry Jacob, got to disagree on this one, think you've eaten chapter 7 of law and justice educational books.

No Insurer can just get up and decide they dont want to insure someone when there is a claim. It is illegal. The only time this isnt illegal is when someone makes a deliberate misinterpretation on applying for insurance. E.g I dont have points but you end up sitting on 6.

There woudnt be a case for them. It really is as simple as that.

Reactions: Karlcole
Man this is starting to get depressing now I've my RN since 28th of August and still diddly squat in regards a vin.

Anyone (maybe a few of the Irish lads) order before then?
I ordered on July 31st and all I have since then is the RN, nothing else. No texts, nothing in source code.

Originally was told delivery would be in September, then that came and went to be replaced with "expected in November/December" and lastly "estimated December".

Currently saying "early 2022" for MY, and from what I understand from the quarterly cycle, you will be looking at Feb at the earliest, probably March (since the MY demand is high).

You wouldn't be asked to pay the balance until maybe 3 weeks before collection, so probably mid Feb at the earliest.

I am new to all this, so I may be wrong.
Many thanks Robbo, that's really useful, I'm putting my order in now 😁

Sorry Jacob, got to disagree on this one, think you've eaten chapter 7 of law and justice educational books.

No Insurer can just get up and decide they dont want to insure someone when there is a claim. It is illegal. The only time this isnt illegal is when someone makes a deliberate misinterpretation on applying for insurance. E.g I dont have points but you end up sitting on 6.

There woudnt be a case for them. It really is as simple as that.
There wouldn’t be a case for them. Completely agree.

The point still stands. There’s no claim unless you have the money and resources to litigate.

Sorry, but that’s the reality of the situation. The courts are there, to enforce the law, but your legal costs are yours to bear, until a verdict.

Jacob, you need to stop freaking people out & casting doubt on every comment. Rain it in.
Sorry man, but we can naively band around “it’s illegal”, “they can’t do it!”, but unless you’ve got the resources to force them, the risk with insuring through an incompetent insurer is a risk I feel people should be aware of. 🤷

It’s not what people want to hear. When are things ever though?

Your insurance may be valid. It may not be. That’s all we know based on what we’ve seen so far.

The point I am making is that you’ll never know until you need it most, or there is precedence. Neither of those things have happened, so your only fallback is litigation if the policy is not honoured. Most of which the general Joe Bloggs isn’t in a position to do. You insure with a company based on competence to honour your policy - there’s no evidence of that for Tesla based policies given pre-sales don’t know if it can or cannot be insured.

Simply exclaiming “they can’t sell you invalid insurance”, “it’s wholly illegal”, “I have a certificate of insurance!” isn’t helpful. You’re right they can’t do any of this. But would the affected party really have the time/money/resources to enforce it, especially with pressure of one, two, many third parties also the affected party.

You insure on the basis of precedence and competency in situations where it’s high risk (in the event of a claim, you’d have time sensitive liabilities, litigating something like this wouldn’t be quick, there is no precedence that I’ve seen of an honoured Tesla claim through Peugeot insurance, their sales team are inconsistent on wether policy is or is not valid).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry man, but we can naively band around “it’s illegal”, “they can’t do it!”, but unless you’ve got the resources to force them, the risk with insuring through an incompetent insurer is a risk I feel people should be aware of. 🤷

It’s not what people want to hear. When are things ever though?

Your insurance may be valid. It may not be. That’s all we know based on what we’ve seen so far.
You have little proof that they dont insure other than 1 or 2 comments but no one knows the full story. Sitting on the fence casting doubts or creating panic isnt helpful. If you can provide facts or evidence around your argument then voice it but saying things like:-
  • Your policy may be valid. It may not be
  • You’ll only know when you actually claim.
  • Do you want to leave that to chance?
Is just freaking people out. A legitimate insurance company from a respectable brand like Peugeot / PSA, will not f*** about letting people drive cars that aren't insured by them - We live in the UK not bloody Belarus. It would ruin their reputation, cost them their ability to insure and cost them untold financial damage - its highly unlikely. EVEN if it was an error on peugeot which I do not buy in the slightest, then they would honour what they have sold to people. I appreciate that there's a few comments kicking about regarding it, might even be 1 comment - i wouldnt let that concern people - at least until people have looked into it in more detail themselves.

Its peoples lives we're talking about, not a f**k up like Amazon selling air fryers for a fiver.

Picking up mine from Glasgow too on the 3rd Dec!!
Just wondering if you have received the final invoice yet? How long does it take to get the invoice after making the delivery appointment? Thanks!!
Just give the SA a call - I think it’s jazz at Tesla Glasgow, super helpful! You just ask for it and you should then see it in your account :)

I got mine after she told me that she couldn’t fetch me from Glasgow central station. Lol

Reactions: GraGor
They've told you a bit of a white lie here. The devil is in the detail...

You have the new motor, not the old motor. In the U.K. Tesla.com advertises 0-60, not 0-62, there is a difference between speed estimate.

So yes, 0-62 is 5.6s, but 0-60 is 5.8s, the newer 0-60 speed advertised on Tesla.com.

You are getting the more efficient, but slower, hairpin motor. Not the older "Performance" 5.3.s 0-60 motor on the discontinued SR+.

The motor you're getting is 0.5ms than the one you thought you were getting. Sorry to bear this bad news.
I have an A in my VIN I think this is the performance motor. But not sure

How do you find the VIN in source code?
Go to your account, select "Manage" on your new car.

Then scroll down to the text below the car image, right click and select "View Page Source" (this is for google Chrome).

When the code shows, press Ctrl and F, to get the search window and type "LRW" (without the quotes).

If you have a VIN, it will show after LRW (LRW forms the first 3 characters of the VIN).