Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on July 31st and all I have since then is the RN, nothing else. No texts, nothing in source code.

Originally was told delivery would be in September, then that came and went to be replaced with "expected in November/December" and lastly "estimated December".
That sucks.... What spec did you order? Did they even give you a chance to change to a different spec at any stage?

Sorry man, but we can naively band around “it’s illegal”, “they can’t do it!”, but unless you’ve got the resources to force them, the risk with insuring through an incompetent insurer is a risk I feel people should be aware of. 🤷

It’s not what people want to hear. When are things ever though?

Your insurance may be valid. It may not be. That’s all we know based on what we’ve seen so far.
I should add. I’ve attempted to take the insurance out myself. So I’m talking from experience, my experience differs from others
You have little proof that they dont insure other than 1 or 2 comments but no one knows the full story. Sitting on the fence casting doubts or creating panic isnt helpful. If you can provide facts or evidence around your argument then voice it but saying things like:-
  • Your policy may be valid. It may not be
  • You’ll only know when you actually claim.
  • Do you want to leave that to chance?
Is just freaking people out. A legitimate insurance company from a respectable brand like Peugeot / PSA, will not f*** about letting people drive cars that aren't insured by them - We live in the UK not bloody Belarus. It would ruin their reputation, cost them their ability to insure and cost them untold financial damage - its highly unlikely. EVEN if it was an error on peugeot which I do not buy in the slightest, then they would honour what they have sold to people. I appreciate that there's a few comments kicking about regarding it, might even be 1 comment - i wouldnt let that concern people - at least until people have looked into it in more detail themselves.

Its peoples lives we're talking about, not a f**k up like Amazon selling air fryers for a fiver.
Ive counted 6-7 people claiming the same facts, Peugeot CS state policies for non-Peugeots are not valid. As I have also been told first hand. As well as seeing many comments stating Peugeot CS say it would be valid.

You don’t need any more evidence than that to determine the competency of an insurer.

Again, with brand reputation, I doubt you have the resources to make even the slightest impact to them, there are thousands of people sore from poor Tesla Customer Service, yet here we all are.

Unfortunately “brand damage” is equally as litigable.

You’re right. We live in the U.K. with a clear and structured legal system, that remains out of touch for those whom don’t have the resources to peruse justice.

You can’t tell me that no large corporation has ever done something illegal? Compromised your consumer rights act? In full knowledge theirs f all most can do about it.

Especially when claim values are in the tens of thousands.

Reactions: GraGor
I should add. I’ve attempted to take the insurance out myself. So I’m talking from experience, my experience differs from others

Ive counted 6-7 people claiming the same facts, Peugeot CS state policies for non-Peugeots are not valid. As I have also been told first hand. As well as seeing many comments stating Peugeot CS stating it would be valid.

You don’t need any more evidence than that about to determine the competency of an insurer.

Again, with brand reputation, I doubt you have the resources to make even the slightest impact to them, there are thousands of people sore from poor Tesla Customer Service, yet here we all are.
So you're saying a family of 4 crash their tesla killing 3 of them and then the sole survivor gets their car insurance pulled because Peugeot decide that they dont want to insure Teslas because there was a bug on their website at the time of the insurance being taken out even though their policy specifically says the car and reg of the car insured and you think that wont get picked up in the national media?

C'mon.

So you're saying a family of 4 crash their tesla killing 3 of them and then the sole survivor gets their car insurance pulled because Peugeot decide that they dont want to insure Teslas because there was a bug on their website at the time of the insurance being taken out even though their policy specifically says the car and reg of the car insured and you think that wont get picked up in the national media?

C'mon.
They’d find a way to wiggle out of it. Billion dollar companies always do.

They’d find a way to wiggle out of it. Billion dollar companies always do.
That is also a very extreme scenario. And rare. It’s the more common claims we’re likely interested in.

I recently litigated a large company for £5, they refused to refund me even though they were in breach of contract. I tried 6 times to get my refund, nada, it was a measly £5, I offered mediation, nada, it took the courts passing judgement to get that money back, plus me fronting the legal costs (which were returned, ending up in the dependent owing 9x the amount in the end, plus interest).

Obviously I did this out of principal because I had the resources/time/interest to do so (many others couldn’t, and that’s the problem with these corporations, they think they can do what they like).

Of course this was petty. But you know what. Millions of people couldn’t just watch that £5 be stole from their bank accounts, left with something that didn’t meet their needs. And those people are the ones who cannot litigate.

This conversation is that, scaled up by 50x.

The point I make stands. Whether it’s £5 or £50000, large companies can stone wall you, and the only recourse you have is litigation.

I'll provide you my address on PM, I want you to send me whatever you're smoking.
All this talk can be summed up simply.

Do your due diligence. Understand your risk appetite. Seek some reviews/feedback, and then make a decision.

CompareTheMarket and the likes has turned the whole insurance market into a game of find the cheapest. This isn’t necessarily a good thing. Dont be ripped off either, but definitely don’t pick an auto insurer simply based on cost.

They are the only thing that will protect you from financial ruin if you need them.

That sucks.... What spec did you order? Did they even give you a chance to change to a different spec at any stage?
I ordered a Performance one, red & black. They didn't suggest any alternative spec at any stage but to be honest that's the one I want, so I have been holding out.

I really hope they have actually ordered one for Q4 somehow. I know they don't normally build-to-order. But if they are waiting for a red performance model to randomly show up in a consignment to Ireland so they can match my order against it, I think I will be waiting forever.