Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK 2021 Orders and Pending Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever and whenever you buy, Tesla will bring out more changes next year, you'll never stay ahead of the curve. They've done this constantly for as long as I can remember. No two teslas are the same.
Its not just Tesla either, OK so ICE Manufacturers space It out more - but think LCI (Life Cycle Injection), Facelift if you will. Then you have full model year changes on top of that.

Whatever you buy though @Oxstock is correct and you will almost never stay ahead of the curve.

On the Electric Meter Cupboard debate (sorry to bring it back up) - the property owner owns the cupboard but there is a lot of debate between sparks and DNOs (distribution Network Operators). So long as there is room to operate and potentially replace the meter with a larger one then the DNO can't say a lot, but its one of those grey areas which no one cared about until people needed to use the space in the cupboard.

Reactions: Vifik
Lukey is a robot ? 🤣
5tiexi.jpeg

Its not just Tesla either, OK so ICE Manufacturers space It out more - but think LCI (Life Cycle Injection), Facelift if you will. Then you have full model year changes on top of that.

Whatever you buy though @Oxstock is correct and you will almost never stay ahead of the curve.

On the Electric Meter Cupboard debate (sorry to bring it back up) - the property owner owns the cupboard but there is a lot of debate between sparks and DNOs (distribution Network Operators). So long as there is room to operate and potentially replace the meter with a larger one then the DNO can't say a lot, but its one of those grey areas which no one cared about until people needed to use the space in the cupboard.
Guys, lads, laddettes, gentlemens and ladies of the jury

as mentioned, this was not the point of my post.

Well, I called the number above (thanks for the info, btw)...

My order was confirmed on 25th October 2021 - White LR with wheel upgrade. I ordered through salary sacrifice / Leaseplan.

I was told that a vehicle has been assigned to me, and provided me with the VIN when I asked for it. Apparently the car is expected to "arrive" on 4th December, and *should* be out for delivery week commencing 6th December... fingers crossed!

Much, much better than the orifinally-quoted delivery date of 24th January 2022!

Reactions: MrT3 and ScoutKaty
Firefox with cookies deleted but not sure how much difference that makes. Click around the ordering page for a while and it normally comes up but it is dependent on agents being available so won't always come up.
Oh! For the first time ever I've got the Chat icon!!!! Firefox is the way. But.... I've already spoken to CS today so have nothing to chat about, hahahahahaha! I might harass them again tomorrow. Thanks MrT3 :)

• Funny
Reactions: MrT3
Just to top this one off, I have worked in insurance for many years in early workdays and now still in finance many years later, I have worked with and against the FOS several times over the years and I have bought insurance for the new Tesla through Peugeot recently. Firstly it would be very easy to deal with the FOS, an adjudicator would pick it up and suggest the insurer pay without further delay. The insurer could then disagree with this, which is unlikely for larger companies, (usually small ones who arrogantly think they can win an argument against the FOS) and ask for an ombudsman to give the final ruling. The ruling from an Ombudsman is enforceable on any company (not on an individual) when the ombudsman makes a ruling, meaning there is zero legal comeback for the company. The case would likely be fast tracked due to the nature and resolved swiftly. You would be able to claim excesses and interest on top of any held back claim money, no insurer would put themselves in this position, it's an unreasonable thing to suggest to people.

Secondly, this is a ridiculous conversation, literally no idea what the agenda is of the person making these claims, but they are completely nonsensical and not based on any legal or financial experience. The moderators should ideally remove this conversation. It's not '50/50 luck of a sales adviser' these aren't 150k per year Lloyd’s underwriters specifically insuring you as an individual after hours of underwriting and actuarial work, it's a computer system white labelled with PSA/Peugeot and linked to the main insurers database with administrator level staff reading prompts and pressing buttons where required. Asking a 20k pa admin to explain the intricacies of the insurance contract and believing what ever flip of the coin their answer lands on is as silly as asking the shop assistant what chemicals make up the washing powder you are buying...

You should all feel free to take the policy if it is the best option for you, pay your premiums, don't lie at all on the quote/schedule and they will pay out in the event of a claim. I will not comment on this further and not feed the trolls, just didn't want this chap costing people money... Silly conversation!
Thank you - the poster of the Peugeot FUD has made us ring up and cancel with them :( and gone with Churchill for £20 more

FUD = Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Well, I called the number above (thanks for the info, btw)...

My order was confirmed on 25th October 2021 - White LR with wheel upgrade. I ordered through salary sacrifice / Leaseplan.

I was told that a vehicle has been assigned to me, and provided me with the VIN when I asked for it. Apparently the car is expected to "arrive" on 4th December, and *should* be out for delivery week commencing 6th December... fingers crossed!

Much, much better than the orifinally-quoted delivery date of 24th January 2022!
How? How? How? How did you get so much more detail than I did?! I got nothing but vague maybes - no VIN confirmation, no expected arrival and no 'should be' delivery week. Something really isn't right with their customer servicing.

How? How? How? How did you get so much more detail than I did?! I got nothing but vague maybes - no VIN confirmation, no expected arrival and no 'should be' delivery week. Something really isn't right with their customer servicing.

Maybe I just got lucky with who I spoke to (Emma) ... was absolutely lovely and gave me all the information I needed. I explained how I just needed a timeline for the order process, as I have a car to offload and she went through it all with me. Didn't feel rushed, and can only commend her for her customer service.

I suggest you call CS. I just had Delivery Confirmed.

I have no VIN on the app/account, but this morning a lady confirmed my delivery slot (8th December at Bluewater).

Also confirmed I have the new battery, but no change on partial interior, so no heated rear seats or steering wheel.

My account is now updated with draft finance documents. I just have to sell my car, pay the deposit and sort insurance out.

Well worth asking for a Delivery date if you haven't already.

Cheers

its worth going through the chat and find out who you speak to if it's luke suggest you hang up ( i think) but if its emma try your best